Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Was U.S. Atty Preet Bharara fired for Investigating Tom Price?

Message 1 of 18 (256 Views)

Frozen--harder to trace links and speak with people involved when those people are dead.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 18 (263 Views)

Russians have a long history of eliminating troublemakers by defenstration (assassination by throwing someone out a high window) beginning with Jan Masaryk in 1948, Prauge.

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 18 (283 Views)

Don't know where this enters into Preet Bharah's Russian probe but, a key witness has apparently been shoved out a window or jumped to his death.

Nikolai Gorokhov, who is the attorney representing the family of anti-Putin lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, is still alive but, in intensive care with severe head injuries. According to the dailybeast.com

The Beast also reports that Gorokhov was a witness in recently fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara's of a Russian money laundering ring operating out of New York City.

reporter Daniel Sandford tweeted that Gorokhov was due in court this week to testify before a grand jury on what he knew, citing British financier Bill Browder of Hermitage Capital.

BBC .

Sandford also tweeted that Gorokhov has been thrown from the 4th floor of his apartment buidling in Moscow.

man-thrown-fourth-floor/

Most Curious 

Frozen

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 18 (332 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Re: Hillary was "more in pocket of Wall Street." Are you aware of all the wall st. Fat cats trump has put into power or otherwise surrounded himself with? He has lied to his followers again-he didn't "drain the swamp," he has added more slime to the quagmire. 

Thread was about Preet Bharara-who very well could have been investigating little donnie too!! 

Yes, President Trump has surrounded himself with successful people. sounds like a good plan to me. BTW "the swamp" is the inside the Beltway bureaucracy and establishment.

Yes, the thread is about Bhara, not some unknown individual named "little donnie".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 18 (333 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Can we drop all this Wall Street nonsense. (sic)  No.  But why do you ask?  Hillary was probably more in the pocket of Wall Street. Probably?  LOL!  As if that makes a difference.  Russia didn't want Hillary to win....does that mean should "drop all this Russia nonsense" too?  Of course not!  As to Bhara, I can't see the objection. All Presidents replace many appointees from the former Administration. Oh.  I wonder if "all Presidents" made committments to all Federal Prosecuters that they wanted them to stay on if they were elected as well. IMO, intentionally leaving out VERY important and relevant facts seems intellectually dishonest to me.

"Russia"??? Was Bhara investigating Russia? Do you have proof as to any commitment for permanent status promised Bhara?

BTW - spelchek does not like your "committments" or "Prosecuters" so do you really want to play the (sic) game??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 18 (336 Views)

saworld wrote:

rk9152 wrote:  Can we drop all this Wall Street nonsense. Hillary was probably more in the pocket of Wall Street. As to Bhara, I can't see the objection. All Presidents replace many appointees from the former Administration.

The topic's not about Wall Street generally and not at all about Clinton although your attempt at unrelated distraction is commendable.  

It's about Tom Price & whether he traded health-industry stocks illegally when he was a member of Congress & whether Bharara was investigating Price for that.  (Read the whole article; there's plenty of "smoke" there.)  Speculation is that's the actual reason for Bharara's firing which occurred after Trump had asked him if he'd stay on. 

What has to be understood here is that we have a very, very different sort of President - a businessman rather than a politician. As such, he will be selecting others with similar backgrounds. And, such people have had dealings with various companies in various industries as well as in various nations.

As to the basic issue - political appointees serve at the will of the President. Their replacement by a new Presiddnt is not a new thing.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 18 (337 Views)

Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:  Can we drop all this Wall Street nonsense. Hillary was probably more in the pocket of Wall Street. As to Bhara, I can't see the objection. All Presidents replace many appointees from the former Administration.

Of course we can "drop all this Wall Street nonsense". It would ease the heartburn if we just turned out the lights and left the roaches to their business unmolested. Not gonna happen though.

Lots of other "nonsense" some people wish would be dropped too, but that's not going to happen either. The right may as well get used to it that the rocks are going to be lifted relentlessly on the Trump administration until everything under them comes slithering out. It's going to get really interesting.

Obviously I was referring to considering it a one Party only issue.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 18 (372 Views)

Re: Hillary was "more in pocket of Wall Street." Are you aware of all the wall st. Fat cats trump has put into power or otherwise surrounded himself with? He has lied to his followers again-he didn't "drain the swamp," he has added more slime to the quagmire. 

Thread was about Preet Bharara-who very well could have been investigating little donnie too!! 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 18 (388 Views)
rk posted..

All Presidents replace many appointees from the former Administration.
=================================================

So true but some do not want to understand the facts.

Preet Bharara, like any citizen can investigate what they want.
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 18 (397 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Can we drop all this Wall Street nonsense. (sic)  No.  But why do you ask?  Hillary was probably more in the pocket of Wall Street. Probably?  LOL!  As if that makes a difference.  Russia didn't want Hillary to win....does that mean should "drop all this Russia nonsense" too?  Of course not!  As to Bhara, I can't see the objection. All Presidents replace many appointees from the former Administration. Oh.  I wonder if "all Presidents" made committments to all Federal Prosecuters that they wanted them to stay on if they were elected as well. IMO, intentionally leaving out VERY important and relevant facts seems intellectually dishonest to me.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.