Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Gold Conversationalist

Re: WOULD YOU ACCEPT AN AWARD FROM trump?

Message 31 of 39

NM—Your no show was a sign of resistance against this corrupt, racist, and very dysfunctional WH. 

Thank you for your patriotism—no true patriot supports trump.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
Silver Conversationalist

Message 32 of 39

If you would like to find out how one group feels about the awards that members of their society were treated, and insulted by their appearance at the White House I suggest that you look at the statements expressed by many people at the Native News Website.   You will get quite a history lesson also. 

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 39

No.   I wouldn't even go to an event associated with him.

I got invited to the National Christmas Tree lighting, and couldn't bring myself to go to that.   And my friend was one of many who posted those pics of all the empty chairs.  

Gold Conversationalist

Message 34 of 39

@BigLib— yup, I would accept the monetary reward also, and then I would turn around and give it to all the lower income people that he has screwed over.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 39

I wouldn't accept an award from trump, but I would accept award money that came from information that led to his arrest.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 39

This is new territory, but we've never had a president the likes of DJT. I certainly understand why athletes are refusing to attend WH honors, and I respect their decision to make that choice. The arts and entertainment industry have made no bones about how they feel either. However, military honors are a different matter, and I can't see a military honor being refused, regardless of one's political or personal views of the president. But with Trump as president, who knows?

The Kennedy Center Honors were held last night. No Trumps attended, nor was there the usual WH reception. This after at two honorees (Norman Lear and Carmen de Lavallade) said that they would boycott the presidential reception with Trump. It is customary for the president to present the award to each recipient before the show. Many performers also were hesitant to sign on if Trump was to be in attendance. The WH cancelled on both counts and the show went on without a hitch. 

I can't recall anything like this happening with prior presidents, but as long as Trump is president, it probably won't be the last. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/12/04/no-trumps-no-problems-2017-kennedy-center-hono...

Gold Conversationalist

Message 37 of 39

Well, it’s made National News when sports figures have done so. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 39

It would be quite revealing and interesting to see the results of a national survey as to whether each individual surveyed would approve of a person refusing an award from trump and instead raising a middle finger to him.

Would images of that go viral or what?

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Gold Conversationalist

WOULD YOU ACCEPT AN AWARD FROM trump?

Message 39 of 39

Every time I see the idiot in the White House place a medal  around someone’s neck or pin something on a lapel, or invite someone to the White House for some kind of honorarium,  I know that I would never go because I feel that he is such a disgrace that just the fact that he would be the one presenting the award would greatly diminish and taint the honor.

I know what many athletes feel about this, but  I’ve often wondered what others here feel about this.