Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT IS THE ALT-RIGHT?

Message 1 of 66 (43 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

gruffstuff wrote:

WHAT IS THE ALT-RIGHT?

Alt right is an analogy, it's putting lipstick on Nazi pigs.

Richard Spencer initially promoted the term in 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

Sieg Heil Donald Trump says it all.

Had you taken the trouble to actually look at the topic video with an open mind, you would have seen that it most certainly does not "say it all".

I look at everything with an open mind. thats whats makes me a liberal. So, using my open mind, i reject it with gusto as propaganda. Its wrong, wrong headed, and its target audiesnce is fence sitters who DONT bother to stay on top of reality vs propaganda. I wholly reject the video, and its creator as a purveyor of crap for the weak minded, and the supporters of the video as weak minded syncophants of the alt right trying to normalize the crap thinking about the alt right. afraid of altright.com? you should be.

Of course, we all reject propaganda and "crap". But what is the propaganda and "crap" that you are rejecting in the clip? 

I agree - there is no normalizing of the alt-right "crap" going on here so what are you complaining about?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 66 (44 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

Fishslayer777 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

Chasky—The man in the video is a morally devoid racist fool, as are his  equally morally devoid, racist followers, who buy into the idiot’s scientific and nonsensical ramblings. To buy in to such garbage, is to admit that one is the same. Good God,  no wonder these idiots support Trump, he sounds somewhat less the mentally retarded compared to these idiots.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Speaking of nonsensical ramblings. Thank you for your hate filled outrage at a large percentage of Americans... it is this kind of message and judgement that divides us.  The santimonious blind hate inspired lunacy of the left is on full display. You're doing great! 

The Alt Right's ideology is based in White Supremacy, they are self proclaimed in that and even the Wiki definition says that. Therefore, they have hatred for everyone not White. The sanctimonious blind hate inspired lunacy for everyone not white is on display by all White Supremacists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

True. Since there is no one here in agreement with their ideology, why is it even a factor. I believe we can all agree that the alt-right ideology is not a good thing and move on.

Except, of course for those who want to expand the definition to include the classic, "Everyone who doesn't agree with me".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 66 (49 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Many posts here seem to be based on an misunderstanding. No one posting here supports the agenda of the alt-right.

Can we agree on the truth of that?

nope. i went to alt right . com again. do you even realize you are a supporter of the alt right?

Even the Wiki definition of Alt-Right isn't pretty:

I have seen no one here describe the alt-right as "pretty". Why would you even bring that up?

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 66 (51 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

gruffstuff wrote:

WHAT IS THE ALT-RIGHT?

Alt right is an analogy, it's putting lipstick on Nazi pigs.

Richard Spencer initially promoted the term in 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

Sieg Heil Donald Trump says it all.

Had you taken the trouble to actually look at the topic video with an open mind, you would have seen that it most certainly does not "say it all".

I look at everything with an open mind. thats whats makes me a liberal. So, using my open mind, i reject it with gusto as propaganda. Its wrong, wrong headed, and its target audiesnce is fence sitters who DONT bother to stay on top of reality vs propaganda. I wholly reject the video, and its creator as a purveyor of crap for the weak minded, and the supporters of the video as weak minded syncophants of the alt right trying to normalize the crap thinking about the alt right. afraid of altright.com? you should be.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 66 (51 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
prager u again.

Forget labels - try content.

I did. its crap.

Any specifics as to what you find to be "crap"??

"Crap" is pretty specific, and accurately descriptive.

The only specificity in "crap" as part of a discussion is to specifically show it's user has run out of ideas.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 66 (52 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Any ideas about the thoughts expressed beyond the usual - "I disagree so I'll attack the source"?

A person can both disagree and also deeply criticize an exremely biased and radical source.

Agreed. And the essence of discussion is, "I disagree with that idea because......". Simply stating the source is quite shallow.

So, what is it about the guy's ideas that you disagree with?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 66 (55 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I am from the left and I do not believe that "a person's value is linked to their racial heritage", as you bogus video claims. The left doesn't want "special status" for racial and ethnic minorities, they want 'equal status'.

There is no sense going on any further. This guy is simply voicing his opinions, not facts. The actual meaning of what the Alt-Right is has been posted here and it is what the Alt Right itself has said they are.  They are nothing like the left.

Digging up a video with a person giving their opinion (explanation) that agrees with you is one thing. Trying to claim that it is factual is another.

The left must certainly does want special status. We have a CBC - imagine of there was a CWC. We have upward mobility programs, we have diversity programs - all race or gender specific. I am not equating you of the left with the hatred of the alt-right. Your hearts are in the right place, you want to help people. But, your fixes are race and/or gender specific. This is not "equal status".

Forget about "digging up" a video. Try viewing it with an open mind and forming your views in support or opposition and reasons either way.

I disagree with the bogus so called "explanation" or "opinion" posted in the video. I believe that the Alt-Right is exactly what they have self-proclaimed themselves to be and that definition is not in agreement with the opinion in the video, it's really that simple.

To you having an "open mind" is agreeing with you and I simply don't.

Fair enough, we all have our opinions. What is it that you find bogus in the guy's words?

Yes, they are what they self-proclaim to be. But I do not see that expressed in any posts here. Yet others say they do but cannot offer specifics.

Example - you call me "alt-right" yet I am not a white supremacist (their main "thing") and there is nothing in my posts that show otherwise.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 66 (57 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

Chasky—The man in the video is a morally devoid racist fool, as are his  equally morally devoid, racist followers, who buy into the idiot’s scientific and nonsensical ramblings. To buy in to such garbage, is to admit that one is the same. Good God,  no wonder these idiots support Trump, he sounds somewhat less the mentally retarded compared to these idiots.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Speaking of nonsensical ramblings. Thank you for your hate filled outrage at a large percentage of Americans... it is this kind of message and judgement that divides us.  The santimonious blind hate inspired lunacy of the left is on full display. You're doing great! 

The Alt Right's ideology is based in White Supremacy, they are self proclaimed in that and even the Wiki definition says that. Therefore, they have hatred for everyone not White. The sanctimonious blind hate inspired lunacy for everyone not white is on display by all White Supremacists.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 66 (56 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Many posts here seem to be based on an misunderstanding. No one posting here supports the agenda of the alt-right.

Can we agree on the truth of that?

nope. i went to alt right . com again. do you even realize you are a supporter of the alt right?

Even the Wiki definition of Alt-Right isn't pretty:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 66 (63 Views)

Alt - Right is a Misnomer confused with............... Control - Alt - Delete.................although they both eventually produce the same results

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous