The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY COMING TO?????????

Message 41 of 53 (224 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

WWJD ???

If one was knowedgable of the life of Jesus they would know that he also associated with the just and the unjust. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 42 of 53 (242 Views)

@easyed598- Both the Quran and contemporary history of the era records and verifies the irrefutable fact that the God for whom Old Testament Abraham was willing to obey and sacrifice his son - is the God of Islam - that very same God of Abraham just happens to be the Father of Jesus.

Not a coincidence - God did it that way very much on purpose.

Yep - all three are brother religions worshiping the very same God.

A bunch of flawed and fallible humans have gotten things all warped twisted and fouled up as is par for the course for humans - but fact is fact - always has been - always will be...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 53 (274 Views)

Snoopy noted in the topic under Communism that definitions 1 and 2 differed from each other.  

The various definition[s] of what Christianity actually is differ far more widely.  Each as different from the other as the individuals who profess to 'believe'.   

That's probably true for ANY 'faith based' philosophy.  Orgainized religion is that.  So is any other philosophy that doesn't rely on the scientific method for justification.  Evidence counts.  If you don't have it, that counts too.

We have a fair number of self-proclaimed "Christians" on this forum.  What each teaches in Sunday School, if they do, is not likely to coincide with what the current Pope asks of himself when he says, "WWJD"?  

Some sayTribalism is increasing, not decreasing in the world landscape.  Those arguments have evidence to back them up.  Assign a focal point that each uses and you have a beginning.

Details, like 'good' or 'bad', are subjective....not having been adequately defined either.  Somewhere along the line that has to be agreed to in order to evaluate the worth of anything else...not so?

I think I just said you all might try talking about the same thing....it might help.  I have little expectations in that regard, but...you know....hope springs eternal, donchaknow?

[ Edited ]
Message 44 of 53 (249 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

Fishslayer777 wrote:
Are you a Christian?

Am I a Christian?????

And what difference could that possibly make as relates to the thesis of this thread?

Does MY FAITH change that Trump has done the immoral things he has done (with no remorse I might add) and is still endorsed by most CHRISTIAN groups?

Does MY FAITH change the facts relating to Roy Moore's immoral activities (again, a Christian with no remorse for what they have done) and is still endorsed by most Christian groups?

Does MY FAITH change the facts of the Hobby Lobby case (again, a Christian with no remorse for what they have done) and is still endorsed by most Christian groups.

Of course not!!!!

So what is your motive for asking about MY FAITH??????

If you were a Christian, then you'd have your answers. 

From a blood line of a murderer, a criminal, an adulterer .... came Jesus. What a man considers waste is clay in the hands of the potter. 

Why are you so angry?

Pseudo "christians" are such ugly abominations...

Their lies and hypocrisy regularly stir anger in any and all decent and honorable persons regardless of religious preference...

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 45 of 53 (231 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

Fishslayer777 wrote:
Are you a Christian?

Am I a Christian?????

And what difference could that possibly make as relates to the thesis of this thread?

Does MY FAITH change that Trump has done the immoral things he has done (with no remorse I might add) and is still endorsed by most CHRISTIAN groups?

Does MY FAITH change the facts relating to Roy Moore's immoral activities (again, a Christian with no remorse for what they have done) and is still endorsed by most Christian groups?

Does MY FAITH change the facts of the Hobby Lobby case (again, a Christian with no remorse for what they have done) and is still endorsed by most Christian groups.

Of course not!!!!

If you were a Christian, then you'd have your answers. 

From a blood line of a murderer, a criminal, an adulterer .... came Jesus. What a man considers waste is clay in the hands of the potter. 

Why are you so angry?

Hate is not a Christian virtue, neither is liberal sanctimony
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 53 (242 Views)

It is not Christianity that has lost its way but it has allowed itself to be hijacked by those who use religion as a weapon to attack. This is the same situation that Islam finds itself.

Those who follow the teachings of Jesus and the Bible are drowned out by those who only want to attack others in the name of religion. One thing that is consistent in those hiding behind religion is that they pick and choose those parts that support their hatred and provide them a reason to attack.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 53 (248 Views)

Today's  Far Right Leadership likes to hide behind the " Christian Shield " to win votes , but then Stabs our Struggling Senior's and Disabled square in the back , so the rich can get richer !!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 53 (227 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:
Are you a Christian?

Am I a Christian?????

Of course not!!!!

Message 49 of 53 (227 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:
Are you a Christian?

yes. but i dont hide behind piety and forgivness. Being a patriot believeing in divine inspiration, I am not a dominionist. That means what it says. Equal rights for all. 

the problem enters when a sanctimonius Christian calls out others for their religios beliefs.

So it begins.

[ Edited ]
Message 50 of 53 (216 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:
Are you a Christian?

Is one required to be a member of the Democratic Party to criticize it - or a member of the republican party to criticise it?   

Is one required to be Islamic to criticise Islam?

What of one who implicitly believes the four books of the Gospel but nothing else, and is earnest about living as Jesus instructed and showed by example - but declined to serve in the armed forces since Jesus was never a member of the armed forces of his day, and was a conscientious objector - as is my adopted brother?

There are Christian sects out there who are firmly convinced that Roman Catholics, Methodists, Episcopals and Evangeilcal Lutherans - to mention but a few - are going to hell.

So - what IS a Christian?