Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF BEING DETACHED

101 Views
Message 1 of 29

Cirice wrote:

Epster wrote:

"PORKY TRUMP"

 

@nctarheel  One imagines, since you repeatedly body shame President Trump, that your physique rivals Adonis. Please post a photo of you and your fig leaf. Thanks.

 

PS My point is this: name calling is an ugly habit. Further it always says more about the name caller than the one being abused. 

 

 

 

 


Interesting. I always thought it referred to political pork...


It does - It also accurately and truthfully refers to trump's uncontrolled obesity.  

The truth is the truth - making mention of fact and truth is just like making mention of the sun rising in the East every morning - it's the truth...

 

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF BEING DETACHED

102 Views
Message 2 of 29

john258 wrote:


What you say was true till now. Things are changing as we have a President who wants to be a Dictator and if you look at Germany in the 1930 you will see their Dictator did a lot of the same things as he rose to power.


Of course you are speaking from a partisan political perspective which has nothing to do with my comments.  These type of comments supports our having a militaristic type of government; being a militaristic nation.  My comments were from a constitutional standpoint about the President not being 'our' Commander-in-Chief, but a civilian type government. 

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF BEING DETACHED

223 Views
Message 3 of 29

Epster wrote:

"PORKY TRUMP"

 

@nctarheel  One imagines, since you repeatedly body shame President Trump, that your physique rivals Adonis. Please post a photo of you and your fig leaf. Thanks.

 

PS My point is this: name calling is an ugly habit. Further it always says more about the name caller than the one being abused. 

 

 

 

 


Interesting. I always thought it referred to political pork...


Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF BEING DETACHED

263 Views
Message 4 of 29

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

 

The willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty of this one is why I seldom bother anymore.



 In my opinion those who insist on referring to the President as 'our' Commander-in-Chief indicates not actually comprehending the Constitution, but a desire to make this country into a militaristic one [as long as they don't have to serve in the military!].  The label of 'Commander' indicates a person who has the authority to order his/her subordinates.  The President cannot order private citizens in anyway unless it is covered by statue passed by the Congress.

 

 


What you say was true till now. Things are changing as we have a President who wants to be a Dictator and if you look at Germany in the 1930 you will see their Dictator did a lot of the same things as he rose to power.

Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF BEING DETACHED

297 Views
Message 5 of 29

jimc91 wrote:

 

The willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty of this one is why I seldom bother anymore.



 In my opinion those who insist on referring to the President as 'our' Commander-in-Chief indicates not actually comprehending the Constitution, but a desire to make this country into a militaristic one [as long as they don't have to serve in the military!].  The label of 'Commander' indicates a person who has the authority to order his/her subordinates.  The President cannot order private citizens in anyway unless it is covered by statue passed by the Congress.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF BEING DETACHED

325 Views
Message 6 of 29

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Unless you are in the military, he is not your Commander in Chief, nor do you have one. LOL!  Spoken like a TRUE American!!!!   NOT!!!!  Sadly, he is OUR Commander-in-Chief.  One doesn't have to be in the military....it's a role the president has, like it or not.

 

 

Pathetic indeed....


 


Yes, it's pathetic at the comprehension of some here of the Constitution that the President is only the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and not of civilians.  Shouldn't be hard to comprehend Article II, Section 2, Clause I of the Constitution which states:  the President of the United States is “Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States.”

 

Nothing said about the civilian sector.  

 

For those of you who apparently had no sevice he was never your Commander-in-Chief, but just your President.  He is your President and never had any command authority over you.

 

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/the-administration/235517-the-president-is-not-our-commander-...


Good response @TxGrandpa2 !!

 

The willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty of this one is why I seldom bother anymore.

 

Hope you and your family are well.

 

J

 

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF BEING DETACHED

333 Views
Message 7 of 29

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Unless you are in the military, he is not your Commander in Chief, nor do you have one. LOL!  Spoken like a TRUE American!!!!   NOT!!!!  Sadly, he is OUR Commander-in-Chief.  One doesn't have to be in the military....it's a role the president has, like it or not.

 

 

Pathetic indeed....


 


Yes, it's pathetic at the comprehension of some here of the Constitution that the President is only the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and not of civilians.  Shouldn't be hard to comprehend Article II, Section 2, Clause I of the Constitution which states:  the President of the United States is “Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States.”

 

Nothing said about the civilian sector.  

 

For those of you who apparently had no sevice he was never your Commander-in-Chief, but just your President.  He is your President and never had any command authority over you.

 

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/the-administration/235517-the-president-is-not-our-commander-...

Report Inappropriate Content
Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF BEING DETACHED

372 Views
Message 8 of 29

As I read through these posts with regard to leadership and name calling, I am struck by the fact that what is being demanded by the right with regard to showing respect for others (no name calling) and using that respect as a tool for leadership,  is a prime example of why trump deserves no respect and, certainly, does not represent the image of a leader.

And, indeed, that IS FUNNY, in a pathetic, shortsighted sort of delusional way.

 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF BEING DETACHED

384 Views
Message 9 of 29

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

" our COMMANDER IN CHIEF"

 

 

 

Unless you are in the military, he is not your Commander in Chief, nor do you have one. LOL!  Spoken like a TRUE American!!!!   NOT!!!!  Sadly, he is OUR Commander-in-Chief.  One doesn't have to be in the military....it's a role the president has, like it or not.

 

I note that too many are attempting to militarize our country.  Yeah, like our fascist president wanting to have a military parade at the inauguration....

 

Pathetic indeed....


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: WHAT A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF BEING DETACHED

385 Views
Message 10 of 29

jimc91 wrote:

Too FUNNY!

 

@MIseker, I think the "Group Think" monitor just admonished you... LOL!

 

Again, according to NOTHAPPENING, you're a Liberal now, Jim.  He claims, using "LOL is a sure sign of being liberal".

 

Related image


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content