Make Your Weekend a Day or Two Longer With Cheap Trip Ideas at AARP Travel’s Take A Day.

Reply
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 19,760
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: WAS TRUMP'S TWEET RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

[ Edited ]
Message 31 of 48 (80 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:


People ARE people... 

 

To a "Hammer" EVERYTHING tends to look like a "Nail".

 

Really?  How would you know?


Oh-oh, it's getting personal. A nerve must have been struck. 


Oh, the superior mind-reading ability of "rk" is revealed again.  Impressive.  Do you know how a hammer looks at things, "rk"?  You must since you insist you know why trumpy tweets things and others post comments.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 19,760
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: WAS TRUMP'S TWEET RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

Message 32 of 48 (78 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

 

The term "nice work ethic" is a positive statement and one I have often used. It is not racist except to those who see the world through that prism of divisiveness.


In the context of TRUMP'S tweet, "Nice Work Ethic" is spoken in an obvious sarcastic manner. In this context, "Nice Work Ethic" is nothing but a racist "dog whistle"; one of many TRUMP and his followers use regularly.

 

It is no more a "positive statement" in this context than any other racist "dog whistle" like TRUMP'S "WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE" diatribe.

 

I'll tell you what........ why don't you conduct a social experiment.

 

Go up to one of your BLACK co-workers, tell them they have taken too much vacation, and then say "NICE WORK ETHIC" in a sarcastic tone. Report back to me the events that occur subsequent to your utterance.


Obviously your correct, NC.  Some Conservatives here "play naive" when it comes to nuances; just as they do with the term, "Black Lives Matter".


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 19,760
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: WAS TRUMP'S TWEET RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

Message 33 of 48 (62 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:


Yeah, RIGHT!  That's why he wouldn't rent his apartments to blacks. As usual, some Conservatives demonstrate they have no idea what the term means. 


I have no idea if Obama ever tried to rent from Trump or not,  Why would he?  Trump's history was he didn't rent to blacks and told his rental managers "don't rent to "those people".  bur (sic) I do know that "nice work ethic" is in no way racist Really?  How do you KNOW it wasn't?


The term "nice work ethic" is a positive statement ...it can be, but isn't necessarily the case all the time.  And given trumpy's history, it very well may not be.  and one I have often used.  Of course you have. It is not racist except to those who see the world through that prism of divisiveness.  It's simply amazing that you claim to know trumpy's intent when he tweets.  Even though he lost a lawsuit for discrimination against blacks.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 28,093
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: WAS TRUMP'S TWEET RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

Message 34 of 48 (66 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

 

The term "nice work ethic" is a positive statement and one I have often used. It is not racist except to those who see the world through that prism of divisiveness.


In the context of TRUMP'S tweet, "Nice Work Ethic" is spoken in an obvious sarcastic manner. In this context, "Nice Work Ethic" is nothing but a racist "dog whistle"; one of many TRUMP and his followers use regularly.

 

It is no more a "positive statement" in this context than any other racist "dog whistle" like TRUMP'S "WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE" diatribe.

 

I'll tell you what........ why don't you conduct a social experiment.

 

Go up to one of your BLACK co-workers, tell them they have taken too much vacation, and then say "NICE WORK ETHIC" in a sarcastic tone. Report back to me the events that occur subsequent to your utterance.


O.K. let's take the sarcastic meaning. We've all done that. So, where is the racism?? I've been sarcastic to friends regardless of race - it is person to person.

 

Again, when one views the world through the prism of divisiveness, anything can be racist, sexist, homophobic - you pick your favorite.

 

BTW - "BLACK co-workers" - 1) Why all caps; 2) "co-workers", one of us is on the wrong website. I haven't had "co-workers" for many moons. "Fellow pickers", "fellow doo-wopers", "fellow theater people" , "fellow golfers" - sure. But, "co-workers" - sorry you got the wrong guy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 5,252
Registered: ‎05-16-2009

Re: WAS TRUMP'S TWEET RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

Message 35 of 48 (68 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

 

The term "nice work ethic" is a positive statement and one I have often used. It is not racist except to those who see the world through that prism of divisiveness.


In the context of TRUMP'S tweet, "Nice Work Ethic" is spoken in an obvious sarcastic manner. In this context, "Nice Work Ethic" is nothing but a racist "dog whistle"; one of many TRUMP and his followers use regularly.

 

It is no more a "positive statement" in this context than any other racist "dog whistle" like TRUMP'S "WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE" diatribe.

 

I'll tell you what........ why don't you conduct a social experiment.

 

Go up to one of your BLACK co-workers, tell them they have taken too much vacation, and then say "NICE WORK ETHIC" in a sarcastic tone. Report back to me the events that occur subsequent to your utterance.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 28,093
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: WAS TRUMP'S TWEET RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

Message 36 of 48 (73 Views)

MIseker wrote:
I dont think he ment it to be racist at the time, but it has proved to be as he hs shown his white priveledge exempts him from having a work ethic.

Interesting. Convoluted, but interesting. If I understand you - if you are white and you have money whatever you say is racist. Is that about it??

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 28,093
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: WAS TRUMP'S TWEET RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

Message 37 of 48 (66 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:


Yeah, RIGHT!  That's why he wouldn't rent his apartments to blacks. As usual, some Conservatives demonstrate they have no idea what the term means. 


I have no idea if Obama ever tried to rent from Trump or not,  Why would he?  Trump's history was he didn't rent to blacks and told his rental managers "don't rent to "those people".  bur (sic) I do know that "nice work ethic" is in no way racist Really?  How do you KNOW it wasn't?


The term "nice work ethic" is a positive statement and one I have often used. It is not racist except to those who see the world through that prism of divisiveness.

Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 6,274
Registered: ‎11-18-2009

Re: WAS TRUMP'S TWEET RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

Message 38 of 48 (82 Views)
I dont think he ment it to be racist at the time, but it has proved to be as he hs shown his white priveledge exempts him from having a work ethic.
So it begins.
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 19,760
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: WAS TRUMP'S TWEET RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

Message 39 of 48 (73 Views)

rk9152 wrote:


Yeah, RIGHT!  That's why he wouldn't rent his apartments to blacks. As usual, some Conservatives demonstrate they have no idea what the term means. 


I have no idea if Obama ever tried to rent from Trump or not,  Why would he?  Trump's history was he didn't rent to blacks and told his rental managers "don't rent to "those people".  bur (sic) I do know that "nice work ethic" is in no way racist Really?  How do you KNOW it wasn't?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 28,093
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: WAS TRUMP'S TWEET RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

Message 40 of 48 (76 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:


People ARE people... 

 

To a "Hammer" EVERYTHING tends to look like a "Nail".

 

Really?  How would you know?


Oh-oh, it's getting personal. A nerve must have been struck.