AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Viking Burial Clothing, embroidered with ALLAH

Message 1 of 8

afisher wrote:

White Nationalist are going to have a really really bad day.

Researchers in Sweden have found Arabic characters woven into burial costumes from Viking boat graves. The discovery raises new questions about the influence of Islam in Scandinavia, writes journalist Tharik Hussain.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-41567391

Moon.png

Moon One.png

Moon Two.png

Source - From The Book - There Is Something About The Moon - John Shaughnessy & Wendy Salter

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 8

Yeah, those guys did get around. Their contemporary middle easterners wrote about them.  They established extensive trade routes along rivers in Russia to Turkey and beyond.  Trade meant settlement and that's what they did.  'Rus' was the name applied to them.  From that comes the modern name Russia. 

They were mercenaries as well.  Their runes appear in Hagia Sophia in Turkey.  The Vikings were 'given' Normandy, the results are visible. They were a cosmopolitan culture.  Apparently adapting to and adopting whatever they encountered, some of which went right back to Scandanavia when they went back. That had far reaching genetic consequences both in and out of Scandanavia.  

I, for example, though all known ancestors were Swedes, have bits of West and East European, Finn/Northwest Russia, Iberian [Spain/Portugal], Irish, Italian/Greek and Great Britain in my dna. 

My incredibly lovely blonde, blue eyed aunt with skin so fair it was almost transcluscent, married a swarthy man with jet black hair, skin like burnished brown leather and snapping brown eyes so dark his pupils were nearly invisible..  He was a 'Black Norwegian'.  Every one of his known ancestors came from Norway. I would love to know his dna, but he is long gone and so is their only son.

Me...I think we would do well to understand that no matter what you think you are, you probably are not. In truth, that guy over there that seems so different from you in appearance and behavior is probably a cousin of yours.  But then, we are all stardust anyway, so why worry?

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 8

Researchers in Sweden have found Arabic characters woven into burial costumes from Viking boat graves.

No surprise really, Vikings traded all the way down to the Black Sea by several different river routes.

Amber for steel, textiles, and so on.

Message 4 of 8

I apologize for wandering, but it's along ancestry lines.....

Did you know all blue eyed people are related?  No kidding.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 5 of 8

NerdyMom wrote:

Makes sense.  

But the Ali is fascinating.   It's also one of the 99 names of God. The most of highest exalted. So I wonder if it was used in that context.

Also it also makes me want my husband to get that DNA testing. He grew up in a historic Arab trading city, and I have always figured he's a little bit of everything.   Many in his family have blond hair and blue eyes....

There is a strong strain of swedes in my family..as in Gramma was 100%. Records of her family were traced back to the 1200's in sweeden. My aunt married a 100% swede..and man did he look like a middle easterner.  its that viking conquest lol.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 8

For centuries Jewish Arabs, Christian Arabs and Muslim Arabs lived and worked in the same cities with no problems. They even shared the same places of worship at different times of course. Seems reasonable that Vikings, who fit none of those groups, would also have been accepted into the society of the Byzantines and learned of Islam from their hosts.

It could aslo be the Vikings just found the Arabic script beautiful, and used it as decoration with no idea what it meant.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 8

Makes sense.  

But the Ali is fascinating.   It's also one of the 99 names of God. The most of highest exalted. So I wonder if it was used in that context.

Also it also makes me want my husband to get that DNA testing. He grew up in a historic Arab trading city, and I have always figured he's a little bit of everything.   Many in his family have blond hair and blue eyes....

Valued Social Butterfly

Viking Burial Clothing, embroidered with ALLAH

Message 8 of 8

White Nationalist are going to have a really really bad day.

Researchers in Sweden have found Arabic characters woven into burial costumes from Viking boat graves. The discovery raises new questions about the influence of Islam in Scandinavia, writes journalist Tharik Hussain.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-41567391