ACA Open Enrollment Ends Today. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

Message 61 of 94

CriticalThinking wrote:

Reality and the Truth are verey important. RK seem to have a great deal of distance between himself and those two attributes. He wrote, 

"When a poster declares CNN to be part of the imagined "cult", that poster has lost all credibility."

Which poster made that declaration about CNN in this thread?

And when the same poster takes the topic (September numbers) and throws in "conclusions about the long term" the lack of credibility is reinforced"

Which poster made long term conclusons in this thead?

Thank You RK. Mabye I'm wrong so I await your response which hopefully prove my conclusions were false.

The topic is Sept. numbers - anything beyond that is of no interest to me. But, drawing conclusions about those numbers without allowing for the hurricanes is..... what is it .......  oh yeah, "Intellectually dishonest".

Report Inappropriate Content
Trusted Social Butterfly

Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

Message 62 of 94

Members of a Cult cannot handle any critcism of their leader/hero. Cult members ignore facts and live in their own world, sheltered from reality where they heap non-stop praise on their leader. Everything their leader does is good.

Hence, after posting an article filled with documented FACTS (actual numbers) about jobs in the year 2017, cult members will deny reality and say the following:

"this post was created to insult President Trump and half of the American voters"

They don't get it, they cannot handle any critcism of their hero whom they defend 100% of the time. They are in serious denial because they are so blindly dedicated to Trump, that they ignore his nastiness, insults, incompetence, and non-stop lies. 

Thankfully the majority of Americans get it and they disapprove of Trump. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 94

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
that Trump..what a man of the average worker he is. He had the average worker in mind when he rolled back Obama overtime rule. YAYY A WIN FOR THE ORDINARY WORKER!!

Relax. There are posters who think it's over for Trump. A Dem Congress in '18 and a neoMarxist Prez in '20. Then your brave new world can begin where the "Dear Leader" (Obama?) gets to determine salaries - and product costs - and all the rest of the economy.

Please show who is a "neo-Marxist" that would run for president in 2020.  No one said that a president would, should, or even could "determine salaries and product costs and all of the rest of the economy" so why do you even say something of the such?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 94

rk9152 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

In an attempt to defend Trump at any cost, JimC wrote, 

"I am trying to decide which category this thread belongs in. 

Is it "willful ignorance"? 

OR 

Is it "intellectual dishonesty?"

Because of the hurricanes, the number of expected jobs created was significantly reduced to only 90,000. However, after factoring in the impact of the 2 hurricanes, the U.S. lost 33,000 jobs. That's a difference of -123,000 less than expected.

Is this just a one month aberration, or is something else at play? Obviously we don't know but we'll find out over the next couple of months. Making judgments after only one month is fool's gold.

One of the more interesting aspects of the report was the REDUCTION in the number of jobs in July. In addition to September's rough month, the July number was revised lower from 189,000 to 138,000 though August got a bump higher from 156,000. Thus far, 2017 has seen the slowest jobs growth in at least five yearsIf nothing else, this situation merits watching. 

I know it hurts Trump Cult members to see any negative news about their hero, but facts are facts. Those are the actual numbers, it isn't fake news.   

Strange post in so many ways. First, there is no mysterious group out there called "the cult". Second, any rational person knows this topic is a fraud - the losses were hurricane related. Third, "fools gold" is making negative assumptions immediately in the wake of the hurricanes. Finally, this is about common sense and an honest appraisal of the situation, not about some imaginary "hero".

The hurricane didn't cause actual jobs loss, it caused temporary layoffs. This past year has seen slowed jobs growth and Trump is president. To attribute jobs growth rates to any other president and not to Trump is hypocritical at best.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 65 of 94

rk9152 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

As I stated in previous threads, cult members don't understand they are blind to facts which contradict their leader and hero. In the very definition of a cult, they don't realize how blind they are to reality. Hence, they're always in denial of FACTS which contradict what their leader tells them.

As usual, RK isn't even close to being accurate as he does what he always tries to do, defend his hero and idol in the White House by changing the subject. He's pretending this is a bogus topic, but that's very far from the truth. Let's look at the facts again.

• Because of the hurricanes, the projected job growth was reduced significantly, down to only 90,000 new jobs. 
  • However, we didn't even come close to gaining 90,000 new jobs.
  • We actually LOST 33,000 jobs, a difference of -123,000 from the projection.
  • The July jobs report was corrected DOWN from a net gain of 189,000 to only 138,000 jobs. That's another loss of 51,000 jobs that RK cannot blame on the hurricanes.
  • Finally, 2017 is the worst year for job growth in the last 5 years
  • Despite all of the above documented facts, RK claims this is a bogus thread. Really?

Let me repeat, this factual data is not enough to draw any conclusions about the long term, but there's more than enough to be concerned and/or question whether the Trump Administration is doing enough to create jobs. 

Of course any bad news will be rejected by Trump Cult members who cannot handle anything remotely negative about their leader.

When a poster declares CNN to be part of the imagined "cult", that poster has lost all credibility.

And when the same poster takes the topic (September numbers) and throws in "conclusions about the long term" the lack of credibility is reinforced

@rk9152, this post was created to insult President Trump and half of the American voters.  In other words it is "Trolling"...

I just file these under "willful ignorance" or "intellectual dishonesty" and in this case, both.

At one time I took this poster serious but not so much anymore.  I often exercise the "scroll button" on my keyboard.

Enjoy your weekend, we dodged another one last night (NATE)... All is well on the homestead!

VIMTSTL
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 94

Reality and the Truth are verey important. RK seem to have a great deal of distance between himself and those two attributes. He wrote, 

"When a poster declares CNN to be part of the imagined "cult", that poster has lost all credibility."

Which poster made that declaration about CNN in this thread?

And when the same poster takes the topic (September numbers) and throws in "conclusions about the long term" the lack of credibility is reinforced"

Which poster made long term conclusons in this thead?

Thank You RK. Mabye I'm wrong so I await your response which hopefully prove my conclusions were false.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 67 of 94

CriticalThinking wrote:

As I stated in previous threads, cult members don't understand they are blind to facts which contradict their leader and hero. In the very definition of a cult, they don't realize how blind they are to reality. Hence, they're always in denial of FACTS which contradict what their leader tells them.

As usual, RK isn't even close to being accurate as he does what he always tries to do, defend his hero and idol in the White House by changing the subject. He's pretending this is a bogus topic, but that's very far from the truth. Let's look at the facts again.

• Because of the hurricanes, the projected job growth was reduced significantly, down to only 90,000 new jobs. 
  • The July jobs report was corrected DOWN from a net gain of 189,000 to only 138,000 jobs. That's another loss of 51,000 jobs that RK cannot blame on the hurricanes.
  • Despite all of the above documented facts, RK claims this is a bogus thread. Really?

Let me repeat, this factual data is not enough to draw any conclusions about the long term, but there's more than enough to be concerned and/or question whether the Trump Administration is doing enough to create jobs. 

Of course any bad news will be rejected by Trump Cult members who cannot handle anything remotely negative about their leader.

When a poster declares CNN to be part of the imagined "cult", that poster has lost all credibility.

And when the same poster takes the topic (September numbers) and throws in "conclusions about the long term" the lack of credibility is reinforced

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 68 of 94

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 69 of 94

CriticalThinking wrote:

As usual, RK isn't even close to being accurate as he does what he always tries to do, defend his hero and idol in the White House by changing the subject. He's pretending this is a bogus topic, but that's very far from the truth. Let's look at the facts again.

• Because of the hurricanes, the projected job growth was reduced significantly, down to only 90,000 new jobs. 
  • We actually LOST 33,000 jobs, a difference of -123,000 from the projection.
  • The July jobs report was corrected DOWN from a net gain of 189,000 to only 138,000 jobs. That's another loss of 51,000 jobs that RK cannot blame on the hurricanes.
  • Finally, 2017 is the worst year for jobs growth in the last 5 years

Let me repeat, this factual data is not enough to draw any conclusions, but there's more than enough to be concerned and/or question whether the Trump Administration is doing enough to create jobs. 

Of course any bad news will be rejected by Trump Cult members who cannot handle anything remotely negative about their cult leader.

On one side we have rk and that other "cult member" CNN and on the other side we have ct.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/05/news/economy/jobs-hurricane-impact/index.html

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 70 of 94

MIseker wrote:
actually, its about the jobs numbers taking a dip under Trump. that brings up only 2 questions.
1. Is Trump president
2. Did the numbers dip
"yeah but, "answers neither question.

Two rational questions:

1. Did his policies create the dip; or,

2. Did the hurricanes cause the dip?

But, I did say "rational questions", didn't I?