ACA Open Enrollment Ends Today. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

Message 41 of 94

jimc91 wrote:

The US economy in September lost more jobs than it created for the first time in seven years.

You forgot that 2017 is the worst year for jobs growth in the last 5 years.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 94

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

No apology offered. My information came from CNBC which got it from the federal government. More importantly, the CNN issue has nothing to do with this thread. I sitll have no idea why RK's talking about CNN.

As I stated before, RK is trying to change the subject away from negative news about his idol in the White House.

Cee Tee, it's what the Alt-Right does.

A contribution with all the depth of, 'Yeah, me too" - as usual.

Use the 'scroll' function if ya' don't like it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 94

As usual, RK doesn 't understand the topic and/or he's doing what he always does, trying to divert negative news away from his hero in the White House.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 94

CriticalThinking wrote:

“the one that has it's ideas and no factual material from any source opposing it is valid”

RK has me LOL again with his incredulous statements. Here’s a post filled with documented facts and all he can do is say something silly about CNN and claim Trump opponents aren’t using facts.

You see, one of the traits displayed by cult members is an inability to see the real world. They’re so inundated with cult propaganda, they can no longer recognize documented facts from the world of reality. Remember the Jim Jones cult? Subsitute the words Donald Trump for Jim Jones and you'll understand where this forum member is coming from.

But the rest of us see clearly and we cling to documentation as opposed to believing whatever Trump says. I'm LOL again.

It was the hurricanes, not "lol", "cult members", "cult propaganda", Jim Jones, nor "lol" (again). Focus on the topic title.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

Message 45 of 94

“the one that has it's ideas and no factual material from any source opposing it is valid”

RK has me LOL again with his incredulous statements. Here’s a post filled with documented facts and all he can do is say something silly about CNN and claim Trump opponents aren’t using facts.

You see, one of the traits displayed by cult members is an inability to see the real world. They’re so inundated with cult propaganda, they can no longer recognize documented facts from the world of reality. Remember the Jim Jones cult? Subsitute the words Donald Trump for Jim Jones and you'll understand where this forum member is coming from.

But the rest of us see clearly and we cling to documentation as opposed to believing whatever Trump says. I'm LOL again.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 94

CriticalThinking wrote:

As usual, RK isn't even close to being accurate as he does what he always tries to do, defend his hero and idol in the White House by changing the subject. He's pretending this is a bogus topic, but that's very far from the truth. You see, RK can't change the facts but he can try to change the subject. For the rest of us, let's focus on documented facts.

Let's look at the facts again.

• Because of the hurricanes, the projected job growth was reduced significantly, down to only 90,000 new jobs. 
  • However, we didn't even come close to gaining 90,000 new jobs.
  • We actually LOST 33,000 jobs, a difference of -123,000 from the projection.
  • The July jobs report was corrected DOWN from a net gain of 189,000 to only 138,000 jobs. That's another loss of 51,000 jobs that RK cannot blame on the hurricanes.
  • Finally, 2017 is the worst year for jobs growth in the last 5 years
  • Despite all of the above documented facts, RK claims this is a bogus thread. Really?

Let me point out, this factual data is not enough to draw any conclusions about the long term, we still need to wait another 2-3 months. But there's more than enough to be concerned and/or question whether the Trump Administration is doing enough to create jobs. 

Of course any bad news will be rejected by Trump Cult members who cannot handle anything remotely negative about their cult leader. Sit back and watch RK try to deflect the subject of the thread to some trivial issue.

That is truly a strange combination, rk and CNN as part of the manufactured "cult".

On the other hand, we have the real cult, the anti-Trump cult - the one that has it's ideas and no factual material from any source opposing it is valid. Since CNN has joined the "cult", I guess you are down to thinkprogress and daily kos.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 94
  • The July jobs report was corrected DOWN from a net gain of 189,000 to only 138,000 jobs. That's a loss of 51,000 jobs that had nothing to do with hurricanes.
  • So far, 2017 is the worst year for jobs growth in the last 5 years
  • Let me point out again, this factual data is not enough to draw any conclusions about the long term, we still need to wait another 2-3 months. But there's more than enough to be concerned and/or question whether the Trump Administration is doing enough to create jobs. 
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 94

The US economy in September lost more jobs than it created for the first time in seven years.

Amid the damage caused by the hurricanes Harvey and Irma, nonfarm payrolls fell by 33,000, the Labor Department said Friday in its monthly report.

Most of the losses occurred in the leisure-and-hospitality sector, where most employees can't work remotely and are paid only if they show up. It shed 111,000 jobs, the most dating back to at least 1945. Employees who weren't paid during the Labor Department's survey week (of September 12) were not counted as employed.

"In short, this single-month drop in payrolls should be temporary, doesn't appear to be indicative of a broader economic slowdown, and will likely reverse next month," said Jim Baird, the chief investment officer for Plante Moran Financial Advisors.

Puerto Rico, which was devastated by Hurricane Maria, is not included in the BLS report.

Economists had expected the hurricanes to slow hiring but had a more bullish median forecast for an increase of 80,000 jobs.

There were, however, three bright spots in September's report: The unemployment rate fell to a new postrecession low, labor-force participation increased, and wages jumped.

The unemployment rate dropped to 4.2%, its lowest since February 2001. The BLS said the hurricanes had "no discernible effect" on this rate.

Average hourly earnings jumped by 0.5% month-over-month and 2.9% year-over-year, both accelerating from August. They could have been skewed, however, by the fact that many low-wage employees stayed away from work after the hurricanes.

The labor-force participation rate rose to 63.1% from 62.9%.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jobs-report-september-2017-10

VIMTSTL
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 94

As usual, RK isn't even close to being accurate as he does what he always tries to do, defend his hero and idol in the White House by changing the subject. He's pretending this is a bogus topic, but that's very far from the truth. You see, RK can't change the facts but he can try to change the subject. For the rest of us, let's focus on documented facts.

Let's look at the facts again.

• Because of the hurricanes, the projected job growth was reduced significantly, down to only 90,000 new jobs. 
  • However, we didn't even come close to gaining 90,000 new jobs.
  • We actually LOST 33,000 jobs, a difference of -123,000 from the projection.
  • The July jobs report was corrected DOWN from a net gain of 189,000 to only 138,000 jobs. That's another loss of 51,000 jobs that RK cannot blame on the hurricanes.
  • Finally, 2017 is the worst year for jobs growth in the last 5 years
  • Despite all of the above documented facts, RK claims this is a bogus thread. Really?

Let me point out, this factual data is not enough to draw any conclusions about the long term, we still need to wait another 2-3 months. But there's more than enough to be concerned and/or question whether the Trump Administration is doing enough to create jobs. 

Of course any bad news will be rejected by Trump Cult members who cannot handle anything remotely negative about their cult leader. Sit back and watch RK try to deflect the subject of the thread to some trivial issue.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 94

ChasKy53 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

No apology offered. My information came from CNBC which got it from the federal government. More importantly, the CNN issue has nothing to do with this thread. I sitll have no idea why RK's talking about CNN.

As I stated before, RK is trying to change the subject away from negative news about his idol in the White House.

Cee Tee, it's what the Alt-Right does.

A contribution with all the depth of, 'Yeah, me too" - as usual.