Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

Message 1 of 94

CriticalThinking wrote:

RK wants facts, that's very unusual, but let's look at the facts again.

• Because of the hurricanes, the projected job growth in September was reduced significantly, down to only 90,000 new jobs. 
  • However, we didn't even come close to gaining 90,000 new jobs.
  • We actually LOST 33,000 jobs, a difference of -123,000 from the projection.
  • The July jobs report was corrected DOWN from a net gain of 189,000 to only 138,000 jobs. That's another loss of 51,000 jobs that RK cannot blame on the hurricanes.
  •  2017 is the slowest year for jobs growth in the last 5 years

Can you imagine if Obama was President and instead of 90,000 new jobs, we lost 33,000? Oh my goodness, Trump Cult members would be uploading hundreds of posts blaming Obama for the jobs loss and probably also blaming him for the hurricanes.

Two thoughts:

1) Job losses due to the hurricanes;

2) Mind reading as to what someone would have done if we had a different President is not really evidence of anything.

Report Inappropriate Content
Trusted Social Butterfly

Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

Message 2 of 94

RK wants facts, that's very unusual, but let's look at the facts again.

• Because of the hurricanes, the projected job growth in September was reduced significantly, down to only 90,000 new jobs. 
  • However, we didn't even come close to gaining 90,000 new jobs.
  • We actually LOST 33,000 jobs, a difference of -123,000 from the projection.
  • The July jobs report was corrected DOWN from a net gain of 189,000 to only 138,000 jobs. That's another loss of 51,000 jobs that RK cannot blame on the hurricanes.
  •  2017 is the slowest year for jobs growth in the last 5 years

Can you imagine if Obama was President and instead of 90,000 new jobs, we lost 33,000? Oh my goodness, Trump Cult members would be uploading hundreds of posts blaming Obama for the jobs loss and probably also blaming him for the hurricanes.

Let me point out, this factual data is not enough to draw any conclusions about the long term, we still need to wait another 2-3 months. But there's more than enough to be concerned and/or question whether the Trump Administration is doing enough to create jobs. 

Of course any bad news will be rejected by Trump Cult members who cannot handle anything remotely negative about their idol in the White House.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 94

CriticalThinking wrote:

RK will do anything to defend his hero in the White House. No, the topic is not limited to September, which is one of 8 jobs reports during the Trump regime. They are all linked to one another.

No defense, no hero, just facts:

"Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept."

......and there were hurricanes.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 94

RK will do anything to defend his hero in the White House. No, the topic is not limited to September, which is one of 8 jobs reports during the Trump regime. They are all linked to one another.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 94

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

The topic is Sept. numbers - anything beyond that is of no interest to me. But, drawing conclusions about those numbers without allowing for the hurricanes is..... what is it .......  oh yeah, "Intellectually dishonest".

Since the topic is September numbers and anything beyond that is of no interest to you why do you keep going 'beyond' the topic?

Just trying to save my friends of a leftward persuasion who are lost in the sea of their hatred.

So - what are your views on the September loss of jobs?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 94

ChasKy53 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

US lost 33,000 jobs in September vs 90,000 jobs increase expected

@CriticalThinking what do you think the root cause of these job numbers to be?

2017 has the lowest jobs growth rate out of the last 5 years. Wht do you think the root cause of that to be?

Follow the bouncing ball, chas - "September job losses".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 94

CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump Cult members, like all cult members, are in a state of denial. They cannot criticize, disagree with, question, or challenge their leader. For the members, there is 100% support of everything Trump says or does. That includes his non-stop lying, his non-stop insults of others, never holding Trump accountable for his actions, and finally, blaming everyone but their hero for all of his failures his first 9 months in office.

The hate filled cult simply does not understand that it is not the superficiality of persona that Trump supporters find attractive - it is his goals for and vision of America that we find appealing. It is not the man - it is a shared appreciation for our nation.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 94

ChasKy53 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

US lost 33,000 jobs in September vs 90,000 jobs increase expected

@CriticalThinking what do you think the root cause of these job numbers to be?

2017 has the lowest jobs growth rate out of the last 5 years. Wht do you think the root cause of that to be?

In my opinion it is because of this hurricane season

Which hurricane seasons were deadliest for the U.S.?

Hurricane forecasting has vastly improved in the past century, saving countless lives each year. But Harvey and Irma still left a total of 103 people dead in the U.S., making 2017 the 17th deadliest hurricane season since 1900.

http://time.com/4952628/hurricane-season-harvey-irma-jose-maria/

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 94

rk9152 wrote:

The topic is Sept. numbers - anything beyond that is of no interest to me. But, drawing conclusions about those numbers without allowing for the hurricanes is..... what is it .......  oh yeah, "Intellectually dishonest".

Since the topic is September numbers and anything beyond that is of no interest to you why do you keep going 'beyond' the topic?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 94

JimC asked what I thought the root cause of these job losses are. I don't know, but we did experience surprising job losses.

Usually, the projected job gains is normally between 150,000 and around 180,000. Because of the two hurricanes, that projection was significantly reduced to only 90,000 for September. I expected a number lower than that.

When I initially read the jobs report, I thought we gained 33,000 new jobs but I was stunned when I returned to the article and saw that we lost 33,000 jobs. If we only gained 33,000 jobs, I would have attributed that primarily to the hurricanes. But losing 33,000 made me wonder if something more than the hurricanes is in play. 

Then I saw the July report was revised downward from 189,000 to only 138,000 and August was nothing to brag about. What's going on? I don't know, but I do know 2017 has been OK, but nothing special. 

And as I stated earlier in this thread, anyone who makes a judgment based on only one month is a fool. We must wait at least another 2-3 months before seeing any long term trends. But so far, I think there is cause for concern.