AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

Message 71 of 89 (72 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Afisher-- While what you say is true, I also believe that at the present time the GOP is drunk with power, which seemingly blind them to what is happening in this country.

OH Lordy!!!!! - I wish you were right. The Republicans seem afraid of their power, they don't want to seem mean. In the meantime, the Dems band together, speak with one voice and attack, attack, attack. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 72 of 89 (72 Views)

umbarch64 wrote:

Thank you for the post Albion61...saved me the effort.  Clapper has said as much before in other places and other times.  General Hayden did as well.  'Real news' sources, 'real journalists' and 'real analysts have all said this...and have done so for some time now.

Despots destroy existing institutions, symbols, edifices, statues, people of specific ethnicity, religion or groups of people that MIGHT pose resistance in the future.  Children grow up, hold grudges and exact vengeance...so they have to be done away with too.  Can't be permitted.  

Once all that is gone, so is government.  A power vacuum results that the people want filled, because they are dependent for their very existence on government.  They literally cannot exist without it.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool, not worthy of even the passing attention one might give because of the fool's antics.   

The Despot uses disgruntled anarchists and radicals as tools...until they are no longer useful, then disposes of them too....all of them.  Tools and fools are interchangeable terms in this case. 

The despot eventually comes to occupy the role of 'dear leader'.  King, Pharaoh, Caesar, Dictator, Hero.........despot.  Sheer ruthlessness and disregard for humanity is typical.  Ethics and morals are a hindrance and often acknowledged as such by followers and supporters.  Such things are seen as a  weakness and a barriers to what 'needs to be done'. 

There is always 'an enemy'...a focus for aggression and violence that inevitably happens. Like one kid in the back seat poking the other until he/she gets hit and then screaming, "Ma...Donnie hit me!"  Violence is a tool. People want it to go away. The despot promises to curb the 'violence' and restore order that he AND his followers destroyed. See how that works?

The 'dear leader' requires 'absolute loyalty to the person.  NOT to the State NOR to any Institution, ones the 'dear leader' himself set up.  There SHALL be no impediment to the 'dear leader's' authority.  Now t

That makes total sense to the 'dear leader' and every one of his fool/tools.  Not so much to anyone else.  There is a reason for it all.  Wanna talk plots?  There it is!

The aspects of that "despot" stuff sounds very much like the actions of the radical left. The only difference is that instead of an individual it is a communal effort - and such communal efforts usually end up with a "Dear Leader" coming forward after the revolution.

Yep, there it is.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 73 of 89 (73 Views)

rker321 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:rk9152 wrote:

Albion--I saw that.

Tapper said that trump's actions had many people afraid. He then asked Mr. Clapper if he was afraid. If you remember, Mr. Clapper's  answer was that he was very concerned.

This is just one of many former FBI operatives that have been on CNN in the last few days. Many have spoken about obstruction of justice, and trump's  bazaar behavior.

Many are worried that Trump is trying to subvert the integrity of the FBI and other intelligence agencies. (Trying??)

The sooner Trump is removed from office, the better.

Possibly President Trump is undermining institutions. If by "institutions" one means the embedded bureaucracy, that is the swamp he promised to clean out. So now the swanp is formed by the Agents of the FBI? I thought he meant the politicians>

So, no.

"Afraid" - that was a talking point of the MSM and has been picked up by others including some of our posters. I have no doubt that the FBI employees have concerned as to how much are they going to be able to do their job, if Trump puts one of his guys in charge of that agency.

Possibly you missed the name "Clapper"

"Subvert" the FBI? I don't think so. However, DOJ like other federal agencies had become so politicized under the Obama Administration that a certain amount of house cleaning is called for.  I am glad that you say that. starting with Sessions. that is one of the swamp that needs to be cleaned.

Point of information - Sessions was not part of the Obama Administration. Snark works better if you pay attention to the facts.

So, if the politicized federal agencies are the "institutions" in question, then I guess (or at least hope) he will be "undermining" them in their current condition.  Well, I do guess that we are agreeing in the word "institution" but I am sure that what he meant was the House and Senate not the Departments, such as the FBI, CIA, and all others. The swamp begins at the top. and those politicians, the ones that actually make the laws in this country really do need a good house cleaning.

I am concerned that you could be including "the press" in that so called house cleaning.

Surely I post enough to "concern" you without the need for making stuff up.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 74 of 89 (87 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

So true PC. I'm constantly trying to figure out why Trump supporters have no standards for the man and refuse to hold him accountable for what he does or days. This is a total mystery. Throughout my life, every President in both parties was always held to the highest standards, while Trump lovers have zero standards which I find unbelievable.

No it is not a mystery. The problem that they have is that they wanto to push their agenda, and this is their time to do so. Unfortunately they have Trump to deal with.and that isn't coming along that well. so, they wait and see how they can salvage the whole thing and push their agenda as far as they can. because, they do understand that time is of the essense.

Trusted Social Butterfly

US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

[ Edited ]
Message 75 of 89 (99 Views)

"And isn't it sad when supporters of Trump deny the insights of people so closely connected to the government for so long?  

Trump is responsible for some of this as he systematically belittled and demeaned our intelligence agencies, and as he tore apart our judicial system, calling federal judges "stupid,   ridiculous, and so-called judges."

So true PC. I'm constantly trying to figure out why Trump supporters have no standards for the man and refuse to hold him accountable for what he does or days. This is a total mystery. Throughout my life, every President in both parties was always held to the highest standards, while Trump lovers have zero standards which I find unbelievable.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 76 of 89 (107 Views)

And isn't it sad when supporters of Trump deny the insights of people so closely connected to the government for so long?  

Trump is responsible for some of this as he systematically belittled and demeaned our intelligence agencies, and as he tore apart our judicial system, calling federal judges "stupid,   ridiculous, and so-called judges."

It is true that trump often spews words like is sick infant spews diarrhea , but I believe that in his demeaning of our intelligence agencies and our judiciary system, he very systematically intended to impact the extremely gullible who now do not believe what the strongest most well-versed people in the United States are telling them is true. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 77 of 89 (100 Views)

Afisher-- While what you say is true, I also believe that at the present time the GOP is drunk with power, which seemingly blind them to what is happening in this country.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 78 of 89 (108 Views)

Donald supporters appear to be all for undermining the institutions of the US.    Is they myopia so bad that they can't see that they may indeed part of that collateral damage?   Or is it that they believe they have sufficient cash to ride out the destruction.

They seem to not comprehend the inter-relatedness of businesses.   They were the same gang that demanded JIT manufacturing as a reason to cut employees , their perverted view of "efficiency"...unless of course they were inconvenienced and businesses in the supply chain went bust and all other manufacturer's were residing elsewhere.   

If farm workers are poisoned and no one else is available - do these same people care or is it, gee I probably don't care about that crop.   aka Myopia.

What if Children's Hospitals close because of the GOP determination to cut Medicaid and CHIPS.    Do these same myopic folks really believe that the Hospital Corporation that is running these Children Hospitals will just ignore / close down that specific hospital?   MYOPIA.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2017/05/14/trumpcare-hits-childrens-hospitals-hard/#b31a2d1...

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 79 of 89 (117 Views)

Albion61 wrote:

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Sunday that he thinks US institutions are under assault from President Donald Trump.

"I think in many ways our institutions are under assault both externally -- and that's the big news here is the Russian interference in our election system -- and I think as well our institutions are under assault internally," Clapper told anchor Jake Tapper on CNN's "State of the Union."
Pressed if he meant US institutions were under assault internally from the President, Clapper responded, "Exactly."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/14/politics/james-clapper-russia-collusion/index.html

Thank you for the post Albion61...saved me the effort.  Clapper has said as much before in other places and other times.  General Hayden did as well.  'Real news' sources, 'real journalists' and 'real analysts have all said this...and have done so for some time now.

Despots destroy existing institutions, symbols, edifices, statues, people of specific ethnicity, religion or groups of people that MIGHT pose resistance in the future.  Children grow up, hold grudges and exact vengeance...so they have to be done away with too.  Can't be permitted.  

Once all that is gone, so is government.  A power vacuum results that the people want filled, because they are dependent for their very existence on government.  They literally cannot exist without it.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool, not worthy of even the passing attention one might give because of the fool's antics.   

The Despot uses disgruntled anarchists and radicals as tools...until they are no longer useful, then disposes of them too....all of them.  Tools and fools are interchangeable terms in this case. 

The despot eventually comes to occupy the role of 'dear leader'.  King, Pharaoh, Caesar, Dictator, Hero.........despot.  Sheer ruthlessness and disregard for humanity is typical.  Ethics and morals are a hindrance and often acknowledged as such by followers and supporters.  Such things are seen as a  weakness and a barriers to what 'needs to be done'. 

There is always 'an enemy'...a focus for aggression and violence that inevitably happens. Like one kid in the back seat poking the other until he/she gets hit and then screaming, "Ma...Donnie hit me!"  Violence is a tool. People want it to go away. The despot promises to curb the 'violence' and restore order that he AND his followers destroyed. See how that works?

The 'dear leader' requires 'absolute loyalty to the person.  NOT to the State NOR to any Institution, ones the 'dear leader' himself set up.  There SHALL be no impediment to the 'dear leader's' authority.  Now t

That makes total sense to the 'dear leader' and every one of his fool/tools.  Not so much to anyone else.  There is a reason for it all.  Wanna talk plots?  There it is!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 80 of 89 (124 Views)

pc6063 wrote:rk9152 wrote:

Albion--I saw that.

Tapper said that trump's actions had many people afraid. He then asked Mr. Clapper if he was afraid. If you remember, Mr. Clapper's  answer was that he was very concerned.

This is just one of many former FBI operatives that have been on CNN in the last few days. Many have spoken about obstruction of justice, and trump's  bazaar behavior.

Many are worried that Trump is trying to subvert the integrity of the FBI and other intelligence agencies. (Trying??)

The sooner Trump is removed from office, the better.

Possibly President Trump is undermining institutions. If by "institutions" one means the embedded bureaucracy, that is the swamp he promised to clean out. So now the swanp is formed by the Agents of the FBI? I thought he meant the politicians>

"Afraid" - that was a talking point of the MSM and has been picked up by others including some of our posters. I have no doubt that the FBI employees have concerned as to how much are they going to be able to do their job, if Trump puts one of his guys in charge of that agency.

"Subvert" the FBI? I don't think so. However, DOJ like other federal agencies had become so politicized under the Obama Administration that a certain amount of house cleaning is called for.  I am glad that you say that. starting with Sessions. that is one of the swamp that needs to be cleaned.

So, if the politicized federal agencies are the "institutions" in question, then I guess (or at least hope) he will be "undermining" them in their current condition.  Well, I do guess that we are agreeing in the word "institution" but I am sure that what he meant was the House and Senate not the Departments, such as the FBI, CIA, and all others. The swamp begins at the top. and those politicians, the ones that actually make the laws in this country really do need a good house cleaning.

I am concerned that you could be including "the press" in that so called house cleaning.