Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

Message 61 of 89 (69 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Panjandrum wrote:

Albion61:  The Dems alone cannot stop him and are there enough Republicans to put their country ahead of their party and impeach him? Doubtful at this point.

The answer is no.

Chris CillizzaVerified account @CillizzaCNN

A bunch of GOPers I talked to last night said the party won't abandon Trump until they start losing elections

https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/864449095175426049

If all of this is really how they think. I can only say, that is the most ridiculous and stupid remark that I have heard from a voter disregarding of party.
My response to them would have been, do you care about your country? or your party, Would you follow blindly your party if you loose confidence? Do people think any more.?

Neither ridiculous nor stupid. Look at it this way - you vote for a pol because you are in agreement with his intentions for your nation. He is under assault by the opposition. His goals have not changed - why would you abandon him?

As to caring about your country - your care about your country is why you voted for him in the first place.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 89 (73 Views)

Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:

Possibly President Trump is undermining institutions. If by "institutions" one means the embedded bureaucracy, that is the swamp he promised to clean out.

"Afraid" - that was a talking point of the MSM and has been picked up by others including some of our posters.

"Subvert" the FBI? I don't think so. However, DOJ like other federal agencies had become so politicized under the Obama Administration that a certain amount of house cleaning is called for. 

So, if the politicized federal agencies are the "institutions" in question, then I guess (or at least hope) he will be "undermining" them in their current condition.

Different day, same apology. Smiley Happy

What apology? Sounds like you had no rational response to the great wisdom offered but just had to post something.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 89 (73 Views)

RK-- Your  comments about the radical left sounds very much like denial and diversion to me.

I guess that's all you've got when you can't defend the indefensible,  and "your guy" is too stupid to shut his mouth about any of the ridiculous things he does. 

I guess the option for the Deniers is to rattle off terms like Neo Marxism, (a real bit of "fake news") radical left, or "fake news". 

Yup,  that's exactly what it boils down to.

politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 64 of 89 (75 Views)

RK--  Trump  has demeaned and interfered with our intelligence agencies in an effort to subvert their efforts into the investigation of collusion with a foreign enemy, Russia. No amount of denial or diversion to Clapper or any other tactic will change that.

The sharing of "code word" intelligence with a known enemy shows all that trump is an incompetent, arrogant, braggart president who is not smart enough to shut his mouth.

Obvious you don't like James Clapper , but there are many, many others including Republicans and Intel people who are gravely concerned about this breach in America's  security.

There is no excuse for what happened, there is no way to deny trump's incredible stupidity and incompetence. Ridiculous cries of "fake news" won't undo what has been done. The world sees trump as a fool and this undermines its ability to trust us with Intelligence  that may keep Americans safe.

Trump is a security risk to Americans. This cannot longer be denied, by anyone who has any hold on reality.

There is no way to defend the indefensible.  And yet, even when senators and congressmen working closely with this situation voice their concern over this ridiculous action,  supporters are defending this fool?

Maybe all those who continue to support trump should pack their bags, take a trip to Washington DC, and straighten out all the  senators, congressman, and Intel officials who see the truth for what it is, that Trump is incapable of leading this country,  

Yeah, that's what should happen. For certainly people who seem to have not a clue with regard to what is happening in Washington, know more than those who interact with it daily. 

politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Trusted Social Butterfly

US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

Message 65 of 89 (70 Views)

"DOJ like other federal agencies had become so politicized under the Obama Administration that a certain amount of house cleaning is called for. "

The above statement is completely FALSE. The FBI is made up of Professionals who do not bow to politics. In addition, I read several articles which praised President Obama for NOT interfering with the FBI.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 89 (61 Views)

Panjandrum wrote:

Albion61:  The Dems alone cannot stop him and are there enough Republicans to put their country ahead of their party and impeach him? Doubtful at this point.

The answer is no.

A bunch of GOPers I talked to last night said the party won't abandon Trump until they start losing elections

If all of this is really how they think. I can only say, that is the most ridiculous and stupid remark that I have heard from a voter disregarding of party.
My response to them would have been, do you care about your country? or your party, Would you follow blindly your party if you loose confidence? Do people think any more.?

Regular Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 67 of 89 (62 Views)

rk9152:

Possibly President Trump is undermining institutions. If by "institutions" one means the embedded bureaucracy, that is the swamp he promised to clean out.

"Afraid" - that was a talking point of the MSM and has been picked up by others including some of our posters.

"Subvert" the FBI? I don't think so. However, DOJ like other federal agencies had become so politicized under the Obama Administration that a certain amount of house cleaning is called for. 

So, if the politicized federal agencies are the "institutions" in question, then I guess (or at least hope) he will be "undermining" them in their current condition.

Different day, same apology. Smiley Happy

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 68 of 89 (53 Views)

The answer is no.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 69 of 89 (56 Views)

I should begin by saying that most of the people in this message board are now sitting in their chairs rejoicing over the facts of what has transpired today.

Forget "the Hillary haters"  forget the fact that the Democrats are "sore loosers" forget "the elections"  and now come to the present.

Yes, rejoice. the situation on the WH is really becoming quite serious. and although no crime at this time has been committed. we have to at least be honest with ourselves when we evaluate the recent happenings.
1.- The firing of Comey. the first explanation. Trump fires Comey following the direction and advise of the Deputy AG
Followed by the denial by Trump saying that it was he, and only he that was responsible for the firing of Comey.
2.- Now, the situation with the news that Trump divulged clasified information to Russia. the inmediate denial of McMaster that nothing like that ever happened and that he was present in that meeting. (by the way. the meeting in which American press was not present. and recognizing the fact that the President does have the right to unclasified clasified info.)

and this morning. via a Trump tweet, admitting that he had the right to speak and tell the Russian whatever he said to them. making McMaster a liar and fool infront of the country.
Rejoice, and yes rejoice,and I will admit that it is a very sad rejoice. for this country.
I have predicted that all of this will begin to unravel, the minute that one of the high echelon people resigns and then like the house of cards,  we will all see how it comes tumbling down.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 70 of 89 (55 Views)

rker321 wrote:

No it is not a mystery. The problem that they have is that they wanto to push their agenda, and this is their time to do so. Unfortunately they have Trump to deal with.and that isn't coming along that well. so, they wait and see how they can salvage the whole thing and push their agenda as far as they can. because, they do understand that time is of the essense.

Phrased another way - they are attempting to fulfill their campaign promises. Is this a bad thing??