How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

Message 51 of 89 (65 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

"DOJ like other federal agencies had become so politicized under the Obama Administration that a certain amount of house cleaning is called for. "

The above statement is completely FALSE. The FBI is made up of Professionals who do not bow to politics. In addition, I read several articles which praised President Obama for NOT interfering with the FBI.

False it is....That does not diminish the intended effect to undermine the very foundations of the institutions that keep this Nation alive.  Voter percentages favor the extremes, right or left.  The system is itself vulnerable to abuse by those extremists.  We...the sane ones...must somehow prevent the radicals from imposing their agenda on ALL the rest.  I know you know that. 

There is a whole pot of those who cannot or will not see it that way. They ARE in the minority.... by quite a bit.  However, the majority is fractured.  They can't seem to get its * * * * together enough to fix what needs fixing.  'They' are still 'sitting on their hands' waiting for the 'good fairy' to do their work for them.  'They' have abdicated their responsiblility at the polls and now it really IS the career professionals who 'hold the line' against the extremists until 'they' come to their senses.  2018 is just down the road a piece.  It will either happen then or not at all.  

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 52 of 89 (62 Views)

RK--RE:attack by Dems--Absolutely! As the Republicans fail to put country before party, allowing the atrocities of the trump administration to continues, Dems are screaming at the top of their lungs with regard to these forestated atrocities.

But, as I listen to CNN today, the Republicans are starting to get what trump is doing--maybe the drunkenness is fading--maybe they will too soon begin to act in a responsible way and move to remove the fool in the White House, for today, Republicans, who were firmly opposed to an independent counsel, are now reconsidering!  The House Government Oversite Committee and the Senate Intelligence Committee are now demanding that all records detailing conversations that took place between the president and the former FBI Director, James Comey, including WH tapes, if any.  The Committee from the House imposing a one week deadline.

Amazing, is it possible that the Republicans are finally going to start doing their jobs?  Hard to believe that it has anything to do with integrity, since so few have shown any--AT ALL.

No, as usual, I beleive that the stench of trump has become too strong.  They have heard their constituents screaming for justice, and, maybe, just maybe the Republicans will climb out from under the slimy rocks under which they have been hiding, and do something positive for this country after a disasterous run of ruinous votes and actions.

politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 89 (63 Views)

umbarch--I am in total agreement with your last post.  Deflection is often used when other, reasonable options, are available to defend one's point.

With regard, to another well made point, this is not a partisan issue.  This is an issue about which it  is imperative to handle in the most expeditious way possible. Our democracy is at risk. 

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 54 of 89 (62 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

That makes total sense to the 'dear leader' and every one of his fool/tools.  Not so much to anyone else.  There is a reason for it all.  Wanna talk plots?  There it is!

The aspects of that "despot" stuff sounds very much like the actions of the radical left. The only difference is that instead of an individual it is a communal effort - and such communal efforts usually end up with a "Dear Leader" coming forward after the revolution.

Yep, there it is.

Nahhh....Right/Left is irrelevant and you know it.  Using terms like 'actions of the radical left' and 'communal effort' is calculated to deflect from the radical nature of the extreme right.  'Conseratives' they are not....and neither are you.  I am absolutely not interested in serving as a platform for any propagandist...right or left. Doesn't much matter to me where you fit on that teeter-totter..it's all propaganda.  Dissembling to advocate....truth has no place in that.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 55 of 89 (68 Views)

I disagree with one of our Trump lovers who thinks the FBI is political. They are made up of professionals who do their job properly. Their dedication is to the rule of law.

Two major points about two pointless comments.

1) "Trump lovers" - grow up.

2) Once again, it is not the individual FBI agents under discussion it is the politicized political appointments in the DOJ.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 56 of 89 (75 Views)

Crit-- Unfortunately, reality-based thinking is not the strong suit of the right wing posters with whom we interact.  

One has to wonder where these people went to school, as this stuff was taught in a ninth or 10th grade civics class here in western New York. Could it be there education is that lacking?

Or, and probably more to the truth at hand, are they unwilling to admit what the true reality that glaringly faces them each and every day is about the idiot that they chose to put into the White House, who is systematically destroying the moral fabric of our country and lessening our influence around the world? 

I would place my bet on the latter.

Trusted Social Butterfly

US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

[ Edited ]
Message 57 of 89 (81 Views)

I disagree with one of our Trump lovers who thinks the FBI is political. They are made up of professionals who do their job properly. Their dedication is to the rule of law.

Ya gotta love the Trump supporters proclaiming the FBI is political when nobody is more political than Trump. Look at what he did to the Director of the FBI. If Obama would have fired Comey after he virtually ended Hillary's chance to win the election, Trump supporters would have gone ballistic. But President Obama was true to form, he did NOT interfere, which was his policy for 8 straight years.

The other factor which makes me LOL is the Trump lover's bogus position that the FBI was protecting Hillary. Are you kidding? I realize dealing with facts and logic isn't the strong point of Trump voters, but please try to embrace logic somewhat. The FBI is  a LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY made up of conservative and extremely conservative people. They are not left wing liberals who were in love with Hillary. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 58 of 89 (75 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

RK-- Your  comments about the radical left sounds very much like denial and diversion to me.

I guess that's all you've got when you can't defend the indefensible,  and "your guy" is too stupid to shut his mouth about any of the ridiculous things he does. 

I guess the option for the Deniers is to rattle off terms like Neo Marxism, (a real bit of "fake news") radical left, or "fake news". 

Yup,  that's exactly what it boils down to.

More diversions, "look over there", straw, cats. etc. The ideological basis of the Progressive Movement has no relationship to this topic - but there it is.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 89 (70 Views)

RK--  Trump  has demeaned and interfered with our intelligence agencies in an effort to subvert their efforts into the investigation of collusion with a foreign enemy, Russia. No amount of the Nile or diversion to clamper or any other tactic will change that.

You are just spouting the Party Line. When intel agencies are politicized and report to the NYT et al rather than the President, there is a real danger to our Nation.

Since you refer to the man trying to clean up this mess a "fool" you must think that the agents are supposed to report to the NYT et al.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 89 (69 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

"DOJ like other federal agencies had become so politicized under the Obama Administration that a certain amount of house cleaning is called for. "

The above statement is completely FALSE. The FBI is made up of Professionals who do not bow to politics. In addition, I read several articles which praised President Obama for NOT interfering with the FBI.

Yes it is.

And it is led by politicized political appointees. Need I mention the "tarmac summit"? Need I mention the politically driven acquisition of recordings of US citizens, their "unmasking" and the leaking of info intended to damage the other Party?