AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

191 Views
Message 21 of 89

rk9152 wrote:

No, I wish the voters who made Trump our President would go out and disrupt all the organized stuff of the sore losers. But, we are of a different temperament.


   If this is yur response to my post, sorry, close but no cigar 

 


 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

192 Views
Message 22 of 89

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:


 Two thoughts:

1) Conservatives are not monolithic like those of the left who line up and follow the Party line without question;
Quite precious. so, only the Democrats are the ones that follow up the line of the Party? really, are you sure that conservatives don't suffer the same sin?

Organize your thinking. Democrats are members of the Democratic Party; Conservatives are believers in a certain political ideology.

2) A "radical" defined as what? A radical is anyone that cannot see the two sides of a coin.

An interesting definition. You might want to submit that to the dictionary folks.

3) "authority belongs to the people" - and the people spoke last November, let it go.
Yes,, the people did speak last November and Trump was elected  President. so, what does that has to do with the present situation? Or did you expect for the citizens of this country to keep quiet under the circumstances? Don't you believe in the Rule of Law and the Constitution? Well, right now, we are all seeing it  at work. so what is your problem?

No, I wish the voters who made Trump our President would go out and disrupt all the organized stuff of the sore losers. But, we are of a different temperament.


  


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

194 Views
Message 23 of 89

pc6063 wrote:

RK-- Hillary was brought into this discussion as a diversionary tactic!  This thread is about trump and his negative impact on the financial institutes of this country.

 

  You, I see, intentionally divert, as did the poster to whom I addressed my remarks.  It's a tactic taught on FOX and seen in Breitbart.

 

Try to keep abreast of the events.  Hillary is no longer a player-that is over.  It's trump who is the focus of attention now, and for all the wrong reasons.

 

Those who defend trump or try to divert attention away from the atrocities which he has perpetrated on this country, not only demean this country, but themselves.

 


Hillary is not a diversion. Here situation is a valid comparison as to how situations are handled and approved of based on political ideology and Party.

 

"Breitbart and Fox" - where does that meme fit in?? Surely no one needs to be taught how to look at contemporary events without the prism of hatred or bias. Well, maybe some do.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

192 Views
Message 24 of 89

Crit--Just heard trump (I believe it was an excerpt from his press conference, but not sure), blame the fact that their was a special counsel and now a criminal investigation on the Democrats because Hillary lost the election.

Most see his spews for what they are--lies--diversions--and a slimy **bleep** trying to squirm out of self-inflicted problems.

But, the lemmings, those poor  lemmings are mimicking the lies of the liar in chief.  The Stepford Wives seem to be alive and well.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Trusted Social Butterfly

US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

206 Views
Message 25 of 89

Trump Lovers are putting forth a logically flawed and irrelevant argument in their feeble attempt to defend their hero at all costs. What's happening now is not about the election, it's about a complex series of events which are threatening our democracy. 

 

Let's examine the facts.

  • Donald Trump hired a campaign manager who is a FOREIGN AGENT.
  • Donald Trump chose a FOREIGN AGENT (someone who's working for a foreign government) to be the National Security Advisor. (Personal Opinion: Unbelievable!)
  • Donald Trump demanded the Director of the FBI pledge loyalty to him instead of the Constitution.
  • Donald Trump asked the Director of the FBI to stop an investigation of his National Security Advisor, the FOREIGN AGENT mentioned above.
  • When the Director of the FBI refused to pledge loyality to Trump or to stop the investigation of the National Security Advisor, TRUMP FIRED HIM.

Now, both Democrats and Republicans are working together to conduct an Independent Investigation of the events. They hired former FBI Director Mueller to head this investigation. 

 

How could anyone possibly believe this is an attempt to overturn the election when faced with all of the facts listed above?

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

200 Views
Message 26 of 89

rker321 wrote:

. Now is the time for the Republican party to really cut their loses. 
Why, because YOU say so?  Most Conservatives still back Trump.  I know, you "claim" to be a Republican but no one believes you. The left still doesn't know that you are innocent UNTIL proved guilty.  Unlike your hero, Hillary, who committed a felony, was given a pass by Comey because of her stupidity, but should have referred it to the justice department for follow up.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

201 Views
Message 27 of 89

rk9152 wrote:


"Atrocities" and "aforestated atrocities" - a bit of hyperbole there. Even the NYT whose every word is accepted as legal evidence in any court in the land (right??) hasn't gone that far.

 

Besides the manufactured scandal du jour, he's doing a pretty good job as President, isn't he?


so, there are some that think that the NYT is the gospel and there are others that think that Limbaugh  is also the gospel. What is the difference between them?
Manufactured scandal. ?  Gee, you are funny.  yea that manufactured scandal has proven that apparently there is a lot to be answered. As far as doing a good job, as we have all seen, he hasn't done a thing as of yet.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

199 Views
Message 28 of 89

rk9152 wrote:


Not a partisan issue??? Of course it is. To those so consumed by hatred of our President, it is impossible to see this for what it is.

 

The Dems lost, the Dems are trying to cut their losses by shackling the President. After all we do have "The Resistance" - that is a Dem tool.


Rk, blaming the Democrats for what Trump has done all by himself.  We are a nation of Laws, we are following the Constitution.. If a special investigator has been requested.It will take that investigation where it will take that investigation. This is not a partisan issue. not now, not any more. The Democrats have a lot to do before the 2018 elections. Don't try to blame the Democrats for the obvious mistakes of this Administration. Now is the time for the Republican party to really cut their loses. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

196 Views
Message 29 of 89

Umbarch--BRAVO!!

 

TRUTH BEFORE DISHONESTY

 

REALITY BEFORE DELUSION

 

COUNTRY BEFORE PARTY

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

197 Views
Message 30 of 89

rk9152 wrote:

 Two thoughts:

1) Conservatives are not monolithic like those of the left who line up and follow the Party line without question;

2) A "radical" defined as what?

3) "authority belongs to the people" - and the people spoke last November, let it go.


That's three by my count, but OK...one more time.

 

1.  True...."Conservatives are not monolithic".  Not true.... that the left is.  You either know that's not true and say it anyway OR you don't know that's not true despite all the evidence available to you.   Neither alternative casts you in a favorable light. 

 

2.  I wrote out a salient definition for both conservative and radical multiple times before.  The full definition is written on paper, bound into a book that is published and sold at Barnes & Noble...very likely at your public library as well.  It is widely used as an authority for legislative and legal matters where precise definitions are important. I use it as well.  I can't do much more to enlighten you.

 

3.  You say, "the people spoke last November.  NOT ENTIRELY TRUE...the Electoral College spoke....their vote did NOT constitute the consensus of the entire citizenry. I know you know that. 

 

You say, "let it go".  That implies something in regard to me and my motivation. Just so you really do know if you don't know by now, I don't 'quit' and I don't  'let go' when the well-being of my Nation is not being well served. I look at things the way they are, not what you or anyone else says they are.  Could be my training, could be it's just the way I am.  No matter...your gratuitous advice is rejected. 

Report Inappropriate Content