Get on the Road Without Breaking the Bank – Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Here 

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: US Institutions Under Assault From Trump

Message 1 of 89 (222 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Planned Parenthood is not under attack. Abortions are. So are you claiming that the killing of the unborn is a "US Institution"???

Humans inducing abortions is over 3000 years old - it is a "human institution" that no one will ever be able to eliminate no matter what laws are passed.

While I must admit that I have not carefully researched the history of baby killing (seems a strange thing to research) I still cannot see it's relevance to the topic - "US Institutions".

Unless conservative "people" manage to - through valid legal actions - invalidate Roe V Wade, it remains "law of the land".   

That's one of the entirely lawful practices that trump and his vile and despicable "supporters" are attacking/attempting to invalidate.

Legally, until it's viable outside of the mother, the woman carrying it gets to make the decision what to do.

Empty meaningless persiflage still has no ability to influence what the law says.

When I pass a speed limit sign, I am not moved to venerate it as a "US Institution". To look at a law that way would indeed be persiflageous.

BTW - did you just call fellow posters, "vile and despicable"??

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 89 (227 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Planned Parenthood is not under attack. Abortions are. So are you claiming that the killing of the unborn is a "US Institution"???

Humans inducing abortions is over 3000 years old - it is a "human institution" that no one will ever be able to eliminate no matter what laws are passed.

While I must admit that I have not carefully researched the history of baby killing (seems a strange thing to research) I still cannot see it's relevance to the topic - "US Institutions".

Unless conservative "people" manage to - through valid legal actions - invalidate Roe V Wade, it remains "law of the land".   

That's one of the entirely lawful practices that trump and his vile and despicable "supporters" are attacking/attempting to invalidate.

Legally, until it's viable outside of the mother, the woman carrying it gets to make the decision what to do.

Empty meaningless persiflage still has no ability to influence what the law says.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 89 (230 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

Der Trumper, like all GOPers takes it as an article of faith that preventing Corporations from killing and maiming for profit slows economic growth, so he's filling the government regulatory agencies with puppies who bark to that same whistle. Had he been able to do this earlier, Trump University would still be defrauding their customers.

Interesting that Republicans think the solution to crime is to fire the police.

And which "US Institution" is under assault based on that rant???

If by "puppies" and "barking" you mean people of the same ideology who will help him fulfill his promises - I hope so. It seems like the right thing to do.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 89 (234 Views)

Der Trumper, like all GOPers takes it as an article of faith that preventing Corporations from killing and maiming for profit slows economic growth, so he's filling the government regulatory agencies with puppies who bark to that same whistle. Had he been able to do this earlier, Trump University would still be defrauding their customers.

Interesting that Republicans think the solution to crime is to fire the police.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 89 (238 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 89 (249 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 89 (253 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

RK--Well let's see

--Wall Street and Banks--regulations lifted

--lakes, rivers, air, National Parks--EPA now a joke

--Planned  Parenthood

--Hospitals

--Nursing Homes

(Under the guise of health care)

--Intelligence agencies

--judiciary

Sure there are more, and sure you already know what they are.

NO RATIONAL THOUGHTS-LOL-You are confused--I'm not a Bretbart posting, Limbaugh spewing Alt. Right

Radical as are some.

If you remember, I was addressing your fantasies. 

What about that challenge,RK??

There is so much in that that is based on conjecture, assumptions, etc. so let's pick one and use it to show the pointlessness of the list - Planned Parenthood is not under attack. Abortions are. So are you claiming that the killing of the unborn is a "US Institution"???

And, of course, the childishness of LOL, Breitbart, Limbaugh, alt-right, (you forgot Fox). Can we stick to the ideas not the memes??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 89 (261 Views)

RK--Well let's see

--Wall Street and Banks--regulations lifted

--lakes, rivers, air, National Parks--EPA now a joke

--Planned  Parenthood

--Hospitals

--Nursing Homes

(Under the guise of health care)

--Intelligence agencies

--judiciary

Sure there are more, and sure you already know what they are.

NO RATIONAL THOUGHTS-LOL-You are confused--I'm not a Bretbart posting, Limbaugh spewing Alt. Right

Radical as are some.

If you remember, I was addressing your fantasies. 

What about that challenge,RK??

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 89 (267 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

RK--WOW!

Not even a good try!

-Total  diversion, which has absolutely nothing to do with trump's dismantling of United State's institutions.

I gotta tell  ya, you guys have to come up with a new story, because there isn't anyone buying this worn out fairytale.

Which "institutions" are you concerned about. The press has been discussed elsewhere, what else is bothering you.

What "new story" what "fairy tales" - it seems like you have run out of rational thoughts and are drifting further out to the non-specific fringes in search of new insults.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 89 (277 Views)

RK--WOW!

Not even a good try!

-Total  diversion, which has absolutely nothing to do with trump's dismantling of United State's institutions.

I gotta tell  ya, you guys have to come up with a new story, because there isn't anyone buying this worn out fairytale.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!