Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: UC-Berkely Attacks FREE SPEECH (again)

Message 1 of 117 (385 Views)

MIseker wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

Rk-please provide accredited proof to back up your statement that this young girl was there to get "scalps"

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/04/17/woman-punched-during-berkeley-protest-speaks-out/

“I wasn’t looking for a fight,” she said. “I know there was the Facebook post that I posted of 100 nazi scalps, but I guess no has seen Quentin Tarantino movies. I thought that was going to be obvious, but I guess not.”

“We knew that there was probably going to be violence,” she said. “We were hoping for the best, but expecting the worst… (We wanted) to show that neo-nazis just can’t walk into the street and march and like spieling out this violent genocidal rhetoric… and get away with it without anything happening to them.”

Is your point that we should allow nazi sympathizers free reign over our streets? 

mick, I believe the point is whether or not we have free speech. Merely labeling someone "Nazis" should not change our Constitution. Remember, some of our posters have called President Trump a Nazi, Fascist, etc. Shall we have him silenced??

Another point, does the Constitution give anarchists the right to decide who does and who does not have the right to "roam our streets"?

But, you are right, when referring to that "revolution" - so it begins.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 117 (387 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

Coulter thinks Jews will be "perfected when they become Christian", that only Black Republcians have earned a place in the political arena, called Der Trummper "the Will of a Christian God" and wanted Nikki Halley deported. Then to round out her crazy, she advocated more violence at Trump rallies,

Now days the students pay for most of the operation of their colleges, so if they don't want their campus besmurched by a crypto-Nazi, racist flake like Coulter, she doesn't get to speak on their campus.

You really need to find a way back from the 50's rk, labeling all your opponents "Marxist" went out of style when we got rid of tailgunner joe, and it's never regained even a modicum of success since.

Back in the '50s there were various political enemies, people with varying political ideologies, the main ones being Republican and Democrat. At the same time we were involved in the Cold War that was not about internal politics, it was about international divisions between us and the Communists. Those in our nation that supported the Communists were called "Communists". It wasn't about domestic political opponents, it was about international declared enemies.

Domestically we have the Progressive Movement which (if you can forget about the '50s and move to today) have an ideology heavily drawing on the ideology of Karl Marx. So, yes, I do call those of an ideology I consider not in the best interest of our nation neo-Marxists and offer examples of the alignment. It seems like a more intelligent approach than just throwing out terms like "crypto-Nazi", "Fascist-Five", etc.

You are wrong about the progressive movement. Is Stalin still under your bed at night?

What has Stalin to do with the ideology of Karl Marx? He took over the Bolshevik revolution. Very little Marxism in that.

That response seems much like the game of hiding behind "McCarthyism" when discussing Marxism. Really two totally different things.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 117 (390 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

I don;t get this issue at all........................................

Let her speak - whats the big deal - no one except the extreme right wingers will attend if anyone and who cares - she talks on the Radio and on Fox News Daily

Trying to prevent her from speaking is making her a hero and her message more mainstream - if they just let her speak no one would have paid attention to anything about her 

I agree, mick. It seems more like some sort of "power play" where those of a certain ideology are asserting themselves by shutting down others.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 117 (392 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

Use of "from each to each" to describe progressive income tax is 100% pure John Birch Society tripe. You used the JBS context, and I pointed out where it came from.

As I am sure you understand, it is a policy embraced by some posters and originally popularized by Karl Marx. So, if repeating Marx thinking is JBS tripe, anyone embracing it must be constantly preaching JBS tripe.

BTW, it isn't the progressive income tax that I am calling "From each....to each.....". It is the entire concept of the use of that tax and controls on earnings to achieve that goal that fits perfectly.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 117 (400 Views)

MIseker wrote:

Is your point that we should allow nazi sympathizers free reign over our streets? 

--

The point is that the lady went looking for trouble. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 117 (402 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

Rk-please provide accredited proof to back up your statement that this young girl was there to get "scalps"

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/04/17/woman-punched-during-berkeley-protest-speaks-out/

“I wasn’t looking for a fight,” she said. “I know there was the Facebook post that I posted of 100 nazi scalps, but I guess no has seen Quentin Tarantino movies. I thought that was going to be obvious, but I guess not.”

“We knew that there was probably going to be violence,” she said. “We were hoping for the best, but expecting the worst… (We wanted) to show that neo-nazis just can’t walk into the street and march and like spieling out this violent genocidal rhetoric… and get away with it without anything happening to them.”

So it begins.

Message 7 of 117 (405 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Message 8 of 117 (406 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

Coulter thinks Jews will be "perfected when they become Christian", that only Black Republcians have earned a place in the political arena, called Der Trummper "the Will of a Christian God" and wanted Nikki Halley deported. Then to round out her crazy, she advocated more violence at Trump rallies,

Now days the students pay for most of the operation of their colleges, so if they don't want their campus besmurched by a crypto-Nazi, racist flake like Coulter, she doesn't get to speak on their campus.

You really need to find a way back from the 50's rk, labeling all your opponents "Marxist" went out of style when we got rid of tailgunner joe, and it's never regained even a modicum of success since.

Back in the '50s there were various political enemies, people with varying political ideologies, the main ones being Republican and Democrat. At the same time we were involved in the Cold War that was not about internal politics, it was about international divisions between us and the Communists. Those in our nation that supported the Communists were called "Communists". It wasn't about domestic political opponents, it was about international declared enemies.

Domestically we have the Progressive Movement which (if you can forget about the '50s and move to today) have an ideology heavily drawing on the ideology of Karl Marx. So, yes, I do call those of an ideology I consider not in the best interest of our nation neo-Marxists and offer examples of the alignment. It seems like a more intelligent approach than just throwing out terms like "crypto-Nazi", "Fascist-Five", etc.

You are wrong about the progressive movement. Is Stalin still under your bed at night?

So it begins.

Message 9 of 117 (406 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

I don;t get this issue at all........................................

Let her speak - whats the big deal - no one except the extreme right wingers will attend if anyone and who cares - she talks on the Radio and on Fox News Daily

Trying to prevent her from speaking is making her a hero and her message more mainstream - if they just let her speak no one would have paid attention to anything about her 

--

It's a liberal thing about wanting their own way.

Message 10 of 117 (409 Views)
The antifa will be there, as will coulters nazis, and no the antifa arent progressives, dems whatever. they are what their name suggests. You fail to realize thier appearance at the inauguation would have hapened if Clinton had won.
So it begins.