Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: From "This Week in Hate"

Message 41 of 53 (261 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

I cannot understand constant negativity but I do pity those who suffer from it.

So then  you pitied those who suffered from "constant negativity" for eight years about Obama and the Left  Oh, excuse me, the "Loony Left", the "Less Wise", the "Demodupes"? 

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 42 of 53 (277 Views)

Oh my....an inactive topic being made "active".  What a barbaric act that just might offend those who hate anyone because of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, etc.

Truth is, the hate continues.  Though no one is posting to the topic, the topic subject itself, unfortunately IS active (just like most ALL of the other "inactive" topics).

The New York Times updates their "This Week in Hate" column frequently and so should we...

This Week in Hate

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 53 (360 Views)

afisher wrote:

And PE has surrounded himself with people who endorse / promote this hate of people.    With his newest military addition to the Admin - will the US become like Turkey or Egypt?   Don't like the opposition, they will target them with military force that has been remade in the image of the current leader;

White Nationalist and other hate groups, the White America contingency really is pushing for a cleansing - aka Nazi cleansing.      The point being that PE is attempting to be oblivious to the controversial people that he is courting.  

The sky is fallling, the sky is falling. We survived the last eight years, we'll survive and thrive the next eight.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 53 (345 Views)

gatorgorilla wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

Somehow Trump's campaign rhetoric, and his refusal to chastise the KKK Neo-Nazis and refuse their support, has legitimized these kind of actions in the minds of the perpetrators. Who knows where this will all end.

I get the feeling a good number of our fellow Americans are not grasping the fact that this country could be vastly changed rather quickly.  "Who knows where this will all end?" is surely asked in an apprehensive, perhaps ominous, tone of voice.

There are many changes needed rather quickly to rescue the country from the idiotic pracitices broiught about the last few years. Put some sense in PC (one should not have to worry that there words will be received as hate speech), change our crazy immigration policies, put education first in our universities and even high schools- They are institutions of learning not political indoctrination.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 53 (288 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

From cent - • Last Thursday, a Muslim woman was attacked on the 6 train in Manhattan by three men who called her a terrorist, mentioned Donald Trump and attempted to rip off her hijab. “No one said a thing,” she said of her fellow subway riders. “Everyone just looked away.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/muslim-woman-reported-trump-supporter-attack-made-story-article-...

Now - don't you feel silly????

No, I don't.  But thanks for asking.  Here's the updated list:

This week in Hate

Of course not. Just throw out any negativity you can find from any site about the USofA and if it is a lie - no sweat, just throw out some more negativity.

So, you embrace, but ignore the increase in hate crimes here in the US. You must be proud.

Last weekend I attended a pop concert at which they ended with "God Bless the USA" and the audience stood up proudly. I felt a chill of pride ...well there you go.  for my nation and for the people there with me. I cannot understand constant negativity but I do pity those who suffer from it. You only "hear" what you choose to "hear".  In fact, much has been posted that's been positive and you respond with "negativity".  I'm with you though, I too "pity those who suffer from it".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 53 (274 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

From cent - • Last Thursday, a Muslim woman was attacked on the 6 train in Manhattan by three men who called her a terrorist, mentioned Donald Trump and attempted to rip off her hijab. “No one said a thing,” she said of her fellow subway riders. “Everyone just looked away.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/muslim-woman-reported-trump-supporter-attack-made-story-article-...

This week in Hate

Of course not. Just throw out any negativity you can find from any site about the USofA and if it is a lie - no sweat, just throw out some more negativity.

Last weekend I attended a pop concert at which they ended with "God Bless the USA" and the audience stood up proudly. I felt a chill of pride for my nation and for the people there with me. I cannot understand constant negativity but I do pity those who suffer from it.

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 47 of 53 (279 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

This week in Hate

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 53 (278 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

A Muslim Police Officer Attacked in Brooklyn

This Week in Hate tracks hate crimes and harassment around the country since the election of Donald Trump. The Southern Poverty Law Center and other groups are keeping detailed counts of harassment and abuse. We will regularly present a selection of incidents to show the scope of the problem.

• On Saturday, a Muslim police officer and her teenage son were accosted in Brooklyn by a man who yelled “go back to your country”and shoved the boy. The officer had received a medal in 2014 for saving a baby from a fire. A man has been charged with a hate crime in the case.

• A mosque in Providence and one in Wayland, Mass. received letters saying Donald Trump is “going to do to you Muslims what Hitler did to the Jews.” The same message was sent in November to several other mosques.

• A uniformed MTA worker wearing a hijab was called a “terrorist” by a man while riding the 7 train in Manhattan. The man followed her into Grand Central Terminal and pushed her to the ground; she was treated for leg injuries.

• A swastika and the word “Trump” were found on a blackboard in a middle school classroom at the William H. Lincoln School in Brookline, Mass. last Wednesday.

• On November 29, a visitor to Quince Orchard High School in Gaithersburg, Md., found a swastika drawn on a bathroom wall. Local police are still investigating a previous incident at the school, in which the football field was vandalized with a swastika.

• A faculty member at the University of Nebraska at Omaha found a swastika, an anti-Semitic slur and the words “make America great again” carved into a bathroom wall on campus last Thursday.

• In Burtonsville, Md., three cars in a driveway were vandalized with swastikas and the words “Trump” and “racist.” Police, who were called to investigate last Wednesday, said the vandalism was probably motivated by the homeowner’s political beliefs.

• Surveillance video captured in downtown Los Angeles last Tuesday shows a man spray-painting a swastika on a building. Residents of the area say they have found swastikas on multiple buildings nearby.

• When an interracial couple returned to their rental property in Cincinnati after Thanksgiving weekend, they found it badly damaged and defaced with swastikas, a racial slur and the words “white power.”

• In Pasco, Wa., last Wednesday, a man was stabbed in the throat after a conversation about Donald Trump turned violent. The victim had allegedly called the suspect a racial slur.

• Last Thursday, a Muslim woman was attacked on the 6 train in Manhattan by three men who called her a terrorist, mentioned Donald Trump and attempted to rip off her hijab. “No one said a thing,” she said of her fellow subway riders. “Everyone just looked away.”

more at:  This week in Hate

Do not follow the group, as I can't help but believe they have a bias. Do they list crimes committed against whites, christians, etc.? Do they make sure they are truly committed by racists and not individuals who plant a false flag. Hardly a week goes by there in not a report showing what was thought to be a hate crime, was in fact committed by the very people who reported the supposed hate crime.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 53 (274 Views)

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 53 (280 Views)

And PE has surrounded himself with people who endorse / promote this hate of people.    With his newest military addition to the Admin - will the US become like Turkey or Egypt?   Don't like the opposition, they will target them with military force that has been remade in the image of the current leader;

White Nationalist and other hate groups, the White America contingency really is pushing for a cleansing - aka Nazi cleansing.      The point being that PE is attempting to be oblivious to the controversial people that he is courting.