Tune into AARP’s Facebook Live Résumé Q&A Wednesday, 4 p.m. EDT | Facebook.com/AARP

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Trump includes a military option in dealing with Venezuela

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 9 (32 Views)

Late last night, after catching the late news and Charlie Rose, sleep eluded me. The schedule said PBS was airing a 1981 special from Carnegie Hall with Pete Seegar, Arlo Guthrie, Peter, Paul and Mary...The Weavers. "ISNT THIS A TIME"...was the name.  It is a video from the master of the last and historic get together of those people....so many gone now. Watching seemed the thing to do.

The title is taken from The Weaver's song "Wasn't that a time?"  A song about times here in the US from the Civil War on to the '60s....about the quest for freedom, the blood and pain, the necessity for it all and why that is so.  Ultimately it is a patriotic song.  So are all the rest actually in the special.  

I don't expect 'the donald' or 'Maduro' or 'Kim" to take much notice. I don't think they care much about things like that.  Perhaps you will if you listen closely.

The last verse of John McCutcheon's song "Christmas in the trenches" observed "........each Christmas come since World War I I've learned its lessons well.  That the ones who call the shots won't be among the dead and lame.....and on each end of the rifle, we're the same."

Some things just don't change.

Regular Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 9 (66 Views)

Again...

The true question is does he EVER think, or does his self-serving, hypoctical, egotistical, meglomaniacal personality EVER THINK?

And so, here we are America; total nut job in charge and another nut job half-way around the world. Which nut job will press the button first? And does that even matter?

I went to bed last night feeling we would not awake; so will do the same tonight, pending the end of TRUE Mad Men...

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 9 (71 Views)

He seems determined to start a war somewhere.

If you mute the sound from the newsreel and just watch the gimmace appear on Nikki Haley's face, what a story that tells. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 9 (79 Views)

My question is , Where in hades is he planning to get all these militrary forces from Cuba?

Please,!!!!!!!!!!! Istn't anyone going to do something about this man? Before we all see ourselves involved in a complete destructive  path?

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 9 (82 Views)

US military intervention into Venezuela is quite simple....it will go there to protect Putin's interest in gas / oil.    Did everyone forget that Putin now owns 49.9% of Citgo Refinery that is in the USA.   

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 9 (89 Views)

Did Tellerson provide an explanation of how Venesuala's internal politics rises to the level of a US national interest, or does Der Trumper think he can start a winnable war to divert attention from his treason and stupidity? My money's on the latter.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 9 (131 Views)

Richva: The question remains, does he think at all before he speaks?

Maybe the orange hair makes them crazy.

Image result for yosemite sam(no copyright found)
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 9 (132 Views)

Of course not. The true question is does he EVER think, or does his self-serving, hypoctical, egotistical, meglomaniacal personality EVER THINK?

I'm taking the odds line, never, not since he took his first steps and realized he could walk over everyone...

mho

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Treasured Social Butterfly

Trump includes a military option in dealing with Venezuela

Message 9 of 9 (137 Views)

The question remains, does he think at all before he speaks?  

Speaking to reporters after meeting with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley, Trump said he has “many options” for Venezuela, “including a possible military operation, if necessary.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/11/trump-military-option-venezuela-241553