Join the Summer of Service to SeniorsSM - sign AARP Foundation's banner

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Trump has Lied/Misled on 247 claims in Just 60 Days

Message 1 of 24 (76 Views)

saworld wrote:

I believe Trump's supporters are holding onto him as a last hope.  None of us can deny that America's middle class, especially blue-collar workers, have been economically abused since about 1980.  Any glance at historical share-of-income trends confirm how wealth has been handed-off to the richest from everyone else, creating our current Gilded Age's obscene inequality.

Of course middle-America felt this; how could they possibly ignore what was happening to them?  Somehow though, their anger was channeled mostly against the poor instead of the ones who actually took their jobs and due compensation.  That part frankly confuses me.

Anyway, Democrats and Republicans both ignored the needs of middle-America for almost 4 decades until Trump finally spoke directly to them.  So his supporters are not going to give up on him easily; where else can they turn?  

They're not stupid and likely do recognize his lies but make excuses for him as if he is doing what he does as part of brilliant game plan to get them back to where they were prior to Reagan.  A good example is the saying: Trump's supporters take him seriously, not literally.

I fully blame individual, corporate & political greed & dishonesty for Trump's election and our possible, resulting demise.  IMO of course.      

I agree whole-heartedly, saworld!  

These are the people who vote based on what's in THEIR best interests vs. what's in the nation's best interest.  They're still scratching their heads wondering what the man with the Massachusettes accent meant when he said during his inspiring inauguration speech, "My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

But the lies coming from the mouth of Trump are so divisive and are tearing the country apart, yet they'll support him to the grave.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 24 (84 Views)

Great database, and the disbelievers can even call up the lies before they make fools of themselves by claiming T-Rump was actually telling the truth.

On the subject of things Der Trumper believes (because Bannon said so), this condinued undermining of our relations with Europe were front and center as he REFUSED to shake hands with the Prime Minister of Germany and continues to claim Germany "owes" mountains of money to NATO.

The string of dots connecting Agent Orange (as he's known to the FSB) and Tsar Vlad the Stumpy are merging into an unbroken line, yet his minions claim it's all sheer coincidence.  That is truly amazing, even for a gaggle who cannot connect the dots between Reagan's tax scam that allowed the ones dividing the pie to keep whatever slice they carve for themselves and the decreasing size of the slice they leave for everyone else.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Trump has Lied/Misled on 190 claims in Just 42 Days

Message 3 of 24 (90 Views)

Der Trumper is told by his handler Ryan's health plan is crapola, so he attacks CBO before they confirm his haldner's report.

According to CBO, Ryans abortion will reduce the deficits by $370B over 10 years, compared to the $1,400B 10-year savings under Obamacare.

CBO also predicts 19 MILLION FEWER Americans will be able to obtain health insurance under the Ryan scheme.

And yet the Trumpettes continue to support the twerp - which probably explains why Ryan also wants to gut funding for education - getting everyone as dumb as the Trumpettes will increase the number of Republican voters.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 24 (92 Views)

I believe Trump's supporters are holding onto him as a last hope.  None of us can deny that America's middle class, especially blue-collar workers, have been economically abused since about 1980.  Any glance at historical share-of-income trends confirm how wealth has been handed-off to the richest from everyone else, creating our current Gilded Age's obscene inequality.

Of course middle-America felt this; how could they possibly ignore what was happening to them?  Somehow though, their anger was channeled mostly against the poor instead of the ones who actually took their jobs and due compensation.  That part frankly confuses me.

Anyway, Democrats and Republicans both ignored the needs of middle-America for almost 4 decades until Trump finally spoke directly to them.  So his supporters are not going to give up on him easily; where else can they turn?  

They're not stupid and likely do recognize his lies but make excuses for him as if he is doing what he does as part of brilliant game plan to get them back to where they were prior to Reagan.  A good example is the saying: Trump's supporters take him seriously, not literally.

I fully blame individual, corporate & political greed & dishonesty for Trump's election and our possible, resulting demise.  IMO of course.      

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 24 (98 Views)

The problem with Donald, is that he lies so often, that people lose track of what he promised to do while on the campaign trail.  

One would consider that the who people say they are loyal supporters of  Donald are not talking about his failure to produce many of his campaign promises.   

When challenged, these people go into immediate Distraction Mode.    

When a Commentator on FOX challenge the Alt-Right  talking points, that is exactly what other members in that group discussion resort to - Distraction.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 24 (116 Views)

ChasKy53--I thought i was going to call it a night and go to bed when I came across your post. When i read your post I had a eureka moment.  Your question with regard to Trump's 247 lies and people who still believe him--and it came to me

NONE OF THE REPUBLICANS BELIEVE TRUMP

THEY ARE GETTING PAID TO SAY THEY BELIEVE HIM!!

ALL THIS TIME THEY SAID IT WAS US--WHEN

OMG

IT'S THEM!!!!

Ok PC out!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 24 (123 Views)

247 lies !!! Is there any of those that the Far Right doesn't believe?  How did it get this bad ????

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Trump has Lied/Misled on 247 claims in Just 61 Days

Message 8 of 24 (129 Views)

Cent-to answer your question re: pathological liars and bullies-yes I have come in contact with more than a few-have  posted about this in the  past-Trump certainly owns these idiosyncrasies as well.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Trump has Lied/Misled on 247 claims in Just 61 Days

Message 9 of 24 (136 Views)

WELL CENT--

We know that if someone tells enough lies, there are always those people who will believe them. The new phenomenon here is that

--if a deranged liar tells enough lies, people will acutally begin to lie to themselves!!

Ya can't make this kind of crazy up, can ya?

Respected Social Butterfly

Trump has Lied/Misled on 247 claims in Just 61 Days

Message 10 of 24 (144 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

And some actually support this lying jerk!

He's now upto 247 lies in just 61 days. Have you ever known a pathological lying bully?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.