The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Trump Nomination Keeps Racial Status Quo

Message 41 of 49 (224 Views)

Hey Albion--Why bother to go deeper when the truth is systematically denied, and fictitious statements are put in their place?

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 49 (219 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

If you want to dispute my thinking, try something deeper than citing a TV character or typing "depart, troll" - that is offensively shallow. An alternate might be "discussion".

Or not.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 49 (233 Views)

RK--LOL!  All information given you, which often includes amazing depth, is either ignored by you or termed "fake news, blind  hatred, or there is some ridiculous post about Neomarxists. 

Taking that all into consideration, Albion's post seems to be right on the mark.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 49 (234 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

RK--Sometimes the truth hurts, but I will agree that the Republicans long and constant moves to supress the black vote is disgusting and racist. 

Typically, you have seen (I'll assume honestly) what you want to see, not what was offered. It was not voter suppression I questioned, it was the assumptions made about black people.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 49 (236 Views)

Albion61 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

The above is a disgusting, racist comment. It assumes that while white people a fully capable of taking care on their ID requirements, black people are to stupid to do the same thing.

This is an excellent example of why your posts are worthless wastes of time for yourself and any unfortunate who reads them. Remember Emily Litella, as portrayed by Gilda Radner on the old Sarturday Night Live? You sound and act just like her, ranting about something you don't understand. It doesn't matter how many times this happens, you keep doing it and think it's o.k. It's funny for the first couple times, then it isn't. Depart, troll.

I do not go to TV characters to find answers. I think, I reason and then I decide. Based on that, no matter what your comedic character says or how she says it, the statement under discussion is disgustingly racist for the reasons stated.

If you want to dispute my thinking, try something deeper than citing a TV character or typing "depart, troll" - that is offensively shallow. An alternate might be "discussion".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 49 (287 Views)

RK--Sometimes the truth hurts, but I will agree that the Republicans long and constant moves to supress the black vote is disgusting and racist. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 47 of 49 (267 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Albion61 wrote:

In the federal court district of eastern North Carolina, with a 27% black population that has never had a black judge, Trump wants to fill the longest running district court vancncy in country with an attorney who fought for the GOP's effort to disenfranchise black voters in North Carolina with a voter ID law, and racial gerrymandering. Both of those laws passed by the Republican dominated General Assembly were overturned by the US Supreme Court as racially unsound.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article16...

an attorney who fought for the GOP's effort to disenfranchise black voters in North Carolina with a voter ID law

The above is a disgusting, racist comment. It assumes that while white people a fully capable of taking care on their ID requirements, black people are to stupid to do the same thing.

Isn't it time to start thinking about "Americans", not dividing us up into various "victim" groups in need of special treatment due to their assumed lack of abilities?

The original post's factual accuracy is disgusting?

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 49 (261 Views)

Albion61 wrote:

In the federal court district of eastern North Carolina, with a 27% black population that has never had a black judge, Trump wants to fill the longest running district court vancncy in country with an attorney who fought for the GOP's effort to disenfranchise black voters in North Carolina with a voter ID law, and racial gerrymandering. Both of those laws passed by the Republican dominated General Assembly were overturned by the US Supreme Court as racially unsound.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article16...

an attorney who fought for the GOP's effort to disenfranchise black voters in North Carolina with a voter ID law

Isn't it time to start thinking about "Americans", not dividing us up into various "victim" groups in need of special treatment due to their assumed lack of abilities?

Frequent Social Butterfly

Trump Nomination Keeps Racial Status Quo

Message 49 of 49 (263 Views)