How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: The Republican health-care arguments that were most severely hurt by the CBO report

Message 11 of 23 (95 Views)

The most obvious question at the moment:    If Trumpcare was so wonderful then why is Ryan already saying that it has to be modified because it hurts people in the 50-65yo range?    

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: The Republican health-care arguments that were most severely hurt by the CBO report

Message 12 of 23 (93 Views)

Tom5678 wrote:
Did anyone else catch George Stephenopoulos' talk show yesterday, and they talked about Trumpcare for a session. Rand Paul was on and talked about the Houses' dead in the water version of Trumpcare, and said he or they in the Senate had a proposal for the 37 million AARP members, that would supposedly offer us another insurance choice. I can't wait to find out all the details on that little gem! Do tell Rand, do tell!!! I am all ears!

Here's a 35,000 feet view:

https://www.paul.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/ObamacareReplacementActSections.pdf

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 23 (93 Views)
Did anyone else catch George Stephenopoulos' talk show yesterday, and they talked about Trumpcare for a session. Rand Paul was on and talked about the Houses' dead in the water version of Trumpcare, and said he or they in the Senate had a proposal for the 37 million AARP members, that would supposedly offer us another insurance choice. I can't wait to find out all the details on that little gem! Do tell Rand, do tell!!! I am all ears!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 23 (120 Views)

umbarch64 wrote:

I could never understand how seniors could not see what would happen if "the donald" somehow got the Republican nomination.  I just found myself unable to believe people their age had not managed to learn enough over the years to see through the charade to the rot underneath. 

I tried to do something about that, but it fell on deaf ears.  Physical deterioration of the ear had nothing to do with it...had to be something else.  Well...."the donald" was nominated and 'they' helped do it.   

Then I could never understand how seniors could ever cast their vote for him in the general election, since it was obvious he intended to gut the support system they had come to rely on....and eliminate it if possible.  He LIED...they believed him...he got elected.  'They' helped do it. 

Then I could never understand how seniors could ever vote for CongressCritters and Governors that had vowed to get rid of that entire support system so they would end up standing outside the grocery store door and beg for hand outs.  But 'they' did that too.

Well....here we are.  The lies that have to do with health care have been at least partly exposed, but those lies have already done irrepable damage.  You would think that finally the consequences would be obvious and would penetrate.  Apparently not. 

'They' still shill for him..and his ilk.  'They still argue for what they have to know by now is nothing but one "great", "grand", and "glorious" LIE.  Hell...I would suppose 'they' even give him and his ilk money they can ill afford to do without.

'They' still don't get it.  You see it everyday on this forum and this forum is a miniscule part of what is happening nationally.  I suppose it's possible they are too ashamed of their foolishness to admit it.  I mean, at our age, those things do happen.  I keep hoping good sense has not gone completely by the board.  Silly me.

So....I will keep on keeping on.  It's what I do, you see.  It's what I've always done.  Even if it isn't much anymore, It is all I know to do under the circumstances.  Maybe if you do it too, we can make a difference that matters.  That would be nice.  I would like to be remembered as having done that.

The reason for the lack of understanding is a lack of understanding of our fellow seniors. We are not all sitting around thinking we are entitled to the property of others. Many of us understand the reality of "From each....and to each...." and do not see it as "American". Many of us understand that "I need" or "I want" does not automatically translate into "I get". Many of us would rather struggle to tend to our own needs than sit back and expect the government to provide for us. Many of us understand that no one is proposing anything that would necessitate "standing outside the grocery store door and beg for hand out".

And then there are the others..........

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 23 (147 Views)

-

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 23 (147 Views)

I could never understand how seniors could not see what would happen if "the donald" somehow got the Republican nomination.  I just found myself unable to believe people their age had not managed to learn enough over the years to see through the charade to the rot underneath. 

I tried to do something about that, but it fell on deaf ears.  Physical deterioration of the ear had nothing to do with it...had to be something else.  Well...."the donald" was nominated and 'they' helped do it.   

Then I could never understand how seniors could ever cast their vote for him in the general election, since it was obvious he intended to gut the support system they had come to rely on....and eliminate it if possible.  He LIED...they believed him...he got elected.  'They' helped do it. 

Then I could never understand how seniors could ever vote for CongressCritters and Governors that had vowed to get rid of that entire support system so they would end up standing outside the grocery store door and beg for hand outs.  But 'they' did that too.

Well....here we are.  The lies that have to do with health care have been at least partly exposed, but those lies have already done irrepable damage.  You would think that finally the consequences would be obvious and would penetrate.  Apparently not. 

'They' still shill for him..and his ilk.  'They still argue for what they have to know by now is nothing but one "great", "grand", and "glorious" LIE.  Hell...I would suppose 'they' even give him and his ilk money they can ill afford to do without.

'They' still don't get it.  You see it everyday on this forum and this forum is a miniscule part of what is happening nationally.  I suppose it's possible they are too ashamed of their foolishness to admit it.  I mean, at our age, those things do happen.  I keep hoping good sense has not gone completely by the board.  Silly me.

So....I will keep on keeping on.  It's what I do, you see.  It's what I've always done.  Even if it isn't much anymore, It is all I know to do under the circumstances.  Maybe if you do it too, we can make a difference that matters.  That would be nice.  I would like to be remembered as having done that.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 23 (167 Views)

Big Insurance is an unnecessary step in the healthcare process.  It's there only to make a few individuals rich while draining the middle class.  It is one of the biggest reasons for the decline of the middle class.   As is Homeowners insurance.  Ask any person here in Louisiana who lost during Hurricane Katrina when people paying premiums all their working lives needed help the most found that the insurance they were paying for years didn't pay them.  They found out they made too much for help from FEMA.  And to add insult to injury Big Insurance made record profits the year of Katrina.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 23 (160 Views)

From idiots like Chaffetz to Ryan - they use the word 'freedom" and 'choice".    So which should people pay for:  healthcare insurance that oft times will be fewer benefits for higher premiums and HSA or retirement?    

In Republcan land - retirement either becomes unaffordable if you are a middle income worker - note the income level of the 64 yo, in this article is more than median income in the US. 

I ask Republicans who seem to support Republican Plan - which category of people need to be cut from Medicaid because of the BlockGrant / cap to State - children, veterans, disabled people or Seniors.    Crickets. 

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 23 (182 Views)

Centristsin2010:  In other words, while the CBO doesn’t claim that the current system is flawless, it also thinks that the Obamacare structure will be stable.

That's true. They're simply lying and looking for cover for the tax cut for the wealthy disguised as a healthcare bill.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 23 (183 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

If something is complicated, that means Trump is thoroughly confused.

He's into shameless self-aggrandizement, requires nearly immediate gratification, and desperately requires his daily fix of worship from his coterie of paid bootlicking sycophants.

KAKISTOCRACY