Senate Unveils Health Bill — and It’s Bad.  Call Toll-Free 844-259-9351 to Urge Your Senator to Vote 'No'

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: The Republican health-care arguments that were most severely hurt by the CBO report

Message 1 of 23 (71 Views)

The only winner if Trumpcare becomes law is the wealthy.   PERIOD

Anyone who dares to say that the Block Grants can't be taken away is a fool who ignores GOP History of Reagan.   

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: The Republican health-care arguments that were most severely hurt by the CBO report

Message 2 of 23 (80 Views)

Charlee6 wrote:
Let us stop the playground game of who is correct.

We need to get all Americans health care - no matter who wins the
"Feather in their cap(s)."

This is and will be a tough job. Everyone working together, IMO, Is necessary.

Though only a film "Dave" was a great trip into" Candyland " , some of the possibles were not.

Charlee

I gave you a kudo for your well intended post.  I agree...BUT...you only have to look at a nearby posting to see that such a victory will NOT be seen as a 'feather in their particular cap'.  Regardless of the positive consequences of what you suggest, that is anathema to their ideology. 

Rationality has nothing whatsoever to do with it.  That ideology cannot encompass such a thing as the People working together.  Too bad....it didn't used to be that way.  One is compelled to ask, "how in hell did it get this way, who did it?"  Seems to me the evidence is clear, once you see past all the sanctimoneous protestations and hypocritical posturing to the contrary.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 23 (82 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

afisher wrote:

The most obvious question at the moment:    If Trumpcare was so wonderful then why is Ryan already saying that it has to be modified because it hurts people in the 50-65yo range?    

The problem with the Republicans is that one faction of their Party wants the Ryan Plan (the one he's pushing), one faction wants more cuts, and one faction says there are too many cuts.

They can't pass a health care bill without the Democrats.

Re: Ryan's motives for current position have got to include that he always knew he would have to make accomodations and so needed to start from an extreme position so he could accept compromise and politicize it as cooperation.  That makes it possible for him to say he tried and that blasted 'opposition' wouldn't....cooperate, that is.  That makes it possible for him to say to the 'real' opposition [Democrats], "This is the best you're gonna do....live with it or I'll sic the dogs on you....and they bite"  Good cop/bad cop....See?]

He knew where he was and he knew where he wanted to be. They call this politics.  Guess that's what it really has become....Then again, maybe that's what it always was.  Truth in packaging has never been part of the program...I do think you know that.

And....I wouldn't be so sure 'they' can't pass this thing without the Democrats.  Case in point...Donald J. Trump did get elected.  He WILL sign this bill IF it gets that far, despite what he said during and after the campaign itself.  HE LIES.  

That practice has gotten so pervasive in the Republican Camp, that I feel I can NOW say, "THEY ALL DO".   I hate stereotypes.  I hate even more when a stereotype fits....it rarely does. It does NOW!.  In the words of 'the great donald', paraphrased to fit....Bad Guy[s]....Sick. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 23 (92 Views)

Ted Cruz, the evangelical flame thrower from TX:   He roundly mocks Paul Ryan and his 3 bucket plan, saying that all the good stuff is in the 3rd bucket.  He calls it the Sucker Bucket.   Let's see how many of the RW in Congress fall for it.   

Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 23 (110 Views)
Let us stop the playground game of who is correct.

We need to get all Americans health care - no matter who wins the
"Feather in their cap(s)."

This is and will be a tough job. Everyone working together, IMO, Is necessary.

Though only a film "Dave" was a great trip into" Candyland " , some of the possibles were not.

Charlee
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 23 (117 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

I agree, we paid into SS and Medicare and are entitled to what we were promised.

I agree. I also agree that SS should be privatized but over a disappointingly long time horizon.  You can't turn that ship on a dime. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 23 (119 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

The reason for the lack of understanding is a lack of understanding of our fellow seniors. We are not all sitting around thinking we are entitled to the property of others. Many of us understand the reality of "From each....and to each...." and do not see it as "American". Many of us understand that "I need" or "I want" does not automatically translate into "I get". Many of us would rather struggle to tend to our own needs than sit back and expect the government to provide for us. Many of us understand that no one is proposing anything that would necessitate "standing outside the grocery store door and beg for hand out".

And then there are the others..........

So how many seniors are sitting around thinking they are "entitled to the property of others"? Have any reliable data in that rk? How many seniors "sit back and expect the government to take  are of them" rk? Have any reliable data on that? Show some sources for your claims.

Clarification - I really do not see seniors doing that. Rather, I see pols playing games making that claim.

I personally don't know any seniors that fall into the two categories that you describe. I do know seniors that expect their SS that they paid into all of their lives. I do know seniors that expect their Medicare that they paid into all of their lives.

I agree, we paid into SS and Medicare and are entitled to what we were promised.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 23 (135 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

afisher wrote:

The most obvious question at the moment:    If Trumpcare was so wonderful then why is Ryan already saying that it has to be modified because it hurts people in the 50-65yo range?    

The problem with the Republicans is that one faction of their Party wants the Ryan Plan (the one he's pushing), one faction wants more cuts, and one faction says there are too many cuts.

Absolutely correct, Chas.

Remember when a couple of Cons here posted the polls suggesting most Americans didn't support the ACA?  It was obvious the issue was split 3 ways....like, want it to be stronger and dislike.  When you add those accepting the ACA, the results were overwhelmingly in favor of the ACA or wanted to take the plan further.  Meaning more were pleased that what existed when Bush was in the White House.

Now, we are seeing the Cons/Repubs doing the same thing.....some think it went "too far", some like it and some, like Rand Paul, doesn't think it went "far enough".

It's a challenge to address this issue when some can only think in terms of black and white, right or wrong, either this or that.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 23 (139 Views)

afisher wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 23 (142 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

The reason for the lack of understanding is a lack of understanding of our fellow seniors. We are not all sitting around thinking we are entitled to the property of others. Many of us understand the reality of "From each....and to each...." and do not see it as "American". Many of us understand that "I need" or "I want" does not automatically translate into "I get". Many of us would rather struggle to tend to our own needs than sit back and expect the government to provide for us. Many of us understand that no one is proposing anything that would necessitate "standing outside the grocery store door and beg for hand out".

And then there are the others..........

So how many seniors are sitting around thinking they are "entitled to the property of others"? Have any reliable data in that rk? How many seniors "sit back and expect the government to take  are of them" rk? Have any reliable data on that? Show some sources for your claims.

I personally don't know any seniors that fall into the two categories that you describe. I do know seniors that expect their SS that they paid into all of their lives. I do know seniors that expect their Medicare that they paid into all of their lives.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"