Get the Latest on Health Care Bill and White House Budget. Join AARP Today at 4 p.m. ET for a Live Discussion

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 51 of 396 (92 Views)

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Since the thinking on this subject has sunk to the level of "Rker-The proverbial slamming one's head into a wall repeatedly", it may be time to take a different tack.

Thinking of the dreams of Marx and his ways to attain them, is there nothing there that posters can approve of?

So which of Marx' dreams do you approve of and how do you propose to attain them?

Since that indicates absolutely no interest in a discussion of the topic, what is your purpose in posting??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 396 (91 Views)

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

With all due respect Scout, how many times are we going to post rational posts regarding this issue, simply have to go back and do it all over again? 

What does that mean? Do you think someone is pushing for unregulated Capitalism? Do you think there is something wrong with the Detroit water? Do you think that the changes in our economy since the '60s were caused by the "Reagan taxscam"?

Please!!!! now we have diverted this thread to "Unregulated Capitalism"  how did we get here in this thread.?  and the Detroit water?   and now Reagan taxcam?  Wow, and I thought that this thread was about    The similarities of Marx platform and the Progressive Movement.  or did I  read this thread incorrectly.?

Really liked that attack, didn'tcha - put it up twice.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 396 (84 Views)

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

With all due respect Scout, how many times are we going to post rational posts regarding this issue, simply have to go back and do it all over again? 

What does that mean? Do you think someone is pushing for unregulated Capitalism? Do you think there is something wrong with the Detroit water? Do you think that the changes in our economy since the '60s were caused by the "Reagan taxscam"?

Please!!!! now we have diverted this thread to "Unregulated Capitalism"  how did we get here in this thread.?  and the Detroit water?   and now Reagan taxcam?  Wow, and I thought that this thread was about    The similarities of Marx platform and the Progressive Movement.  or did I  read this thread incorrectly.?

If you are going to put your one cent in, you would come across a lot more "with it" if you would simply keep up. All of those issues were brought up by scout.

Granted they are not specifically "on topic" but I offered him the courtesy of a response.

See......courtesy is not a bad thing in discussions.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 54 of 396 (94 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Since the thinking on this subject has sunk to the level of "Rker-The proverbial slamming one's head into a wall repeatedly", it may be time to take a different tack.

Thinking of the dreams of Marx and his ways to attain them, is there nothing there that posters can approve of?

So which of Marx' dreams do you approve of and how do you propose to attain them?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 55 of 396 (97 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 56 of 396 (89 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 57 of 396 (78 Views)

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 58 of 396 (72 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 396 (70 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy - or are you just playing games?

It would appear we are playing games. No Progressive is a Marxist. They have diametrically opposite viewpoints but the Conservatives keep trying to make the connection. it is almost as if they have no other value to add to the discussion.  Could it be?

That has nothing to do with the words you were theoretically responding to. So, again, do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy?

Your argument has nothing to do with "trusting the individual" and everything to do with "enslaving the individual" because the individual cannot protect himself from the predation that is the hallmark of unregulated Capitalism.

NO Progressive has ever supported Monarchy as a desirable form of Government. Only those on the far Right even suggest our Democracy is a Monarchy, and they only make that assertion when there's a Democrat in the White House.

The Regressive push to destroy Government and the ability of ordinary citizens to have a counter to the power of the Corporate State is becoming a tad threadbare as more and more people come to realize the absence of Government in the affairs of business is the reason they are making less than their parents did in the 1960's and paying a great deal more in "hidden taxes" - fees for all those things that once were free like driving on highways, their kids school books, student activities, local services clean streets and  trash pick-up, the water they drink (think Detroit) and the safety of the food they eat.

When and where exactly have you EVER seen a Progressive/liberal support Monarchy? Just another hyperbolic evasion of the issues.

You are right about unregulated Capitalism. Everyone of all political persuasions understand that. so, why does it keep coming up??

About the monarch - you'll have to check with Umbarch. that is the source of the idea.

No one that I know of is suggesting the absence of government in the affairs of business so why did you bring it up?

Careful what you say about Detroit water - that is where the people in Flint have to get theirs.

And now it is the lack of government regulations that has caused the change in our economy. I thought it was the "Reagan taxscam".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 396 (57 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

How have I deviated? I started with the proposition that the Progressive Movement incorporates some of the thinking of Karl Marx.

What is so wrong with anyone agreeing with Marx and saying so?? Remember, we are not talking about Stalin here.

And the  Merry Go Round  continues.  
there is nothing wrong with agreeing with Marx and his platform is when a poster wants to equate Marx platform with a movement called Progressive. but of course, is a difficult concept to understand. and, ,there goes again the round and around we go.