Senate Voting on Bad Health Care Bill Tomorrow! Watch Facebook Live at 9:30 a.m. ET for the Latest

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,723
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 41 of 396 (275 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

 

 

 

I fully agree with your "not everybody" comments. However, the exercise is not wanting anyone to admit anything, however the defensiveness seems to speak volumes.

 

Marx had a political ideology, the Progressive Movement has an ideology. I see a relationship. One to one, exact fit? No, but a similarity.

 

It is necessary to go deeper than "free public education" so see the similarities. You have to go to the use of the schools for indoctrination and the degree to which the schools are used to replace the influence of the parents. You have to go deeper than "progressive taxes" to the concept of the money actually belonging to the government and it determines who gets what.

 

 


And so it continues. now it has developed into  progressive taxes, Public education and heavens knows what else we will have to endure on this topic. again. how much more ther is to say.? How many more responses are elicited in this thread?
How necessary are those responses to this thread?   Again, there has not been any proof that Marxim is similar or equal to Progressivism.  again, do we need to continue to discuss this further? Because there will always be a news response.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,673
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: The Progressive Movement

[ Edited ]
Message 42 of 396 (273 Views)

 


rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

We have a poster who seems to be a major fan of Rocky Horror Picture Show - he's forever suggesting we all "do the Time Warp again" and somehow connect the distant past with today in order to pretend nothing changes.

 

Mussolini made the trains run on time, but everyone who likes punctual transportation is not a Fascist.

 

Marx wanted progressive taxes and free public education, but not everyone who agrees is Marxist.

 

The entire exercise is bent toward wanting people to "admit their Marxist", or at the very least, admit that Progressives are all Marxists. Why would anyone desire such an absurd result? Because that way he can pretend those who support (for example) a return to fair taxation and free education must also want to enslave the citizens in a Dictatorship of the Prolateriate. No idea why anyonewould think that's a worthy goal, but different strokes.

 

 

I fully agree with your "not everybody" comments. However, the exercise is not wanting anyone to admit anything, however the defensiveness seems to speak volumes.

 

Marx had a political ideology, the Progressive Movement has an ideology. I see a relationship. One to one, exact fit? No, but a similarity.

 

It is necessary to go deeper than "free public education" so see the similarities. You have to go to the use of the schools for indoctrination and the degree to which the schools are used to replace the influence of the parents. You have to go deeper than "progressive taxes" to the concept of the money actually belonging to the government and it determines who gets what.

 

 


Non-Trump people see similarities between Trump Supporters and Robber Barons of the era around 1900, and also see some unsettling similarities with many aspects of the despotic regimes of the Axis powers, but mostly similarities with the greedy, dishonest Robber Barons who used their power and influence to manipulate the politicians they quite literally owned to "legally"- but not morally or ethically - take even more money from the average citizen.

 

We each see different things - with no irrefutable proof as to which viewpoint is correct.

 

 

 

KAKISTOCRACY
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 27,219
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 43 of 396 (279 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

We have a poster who seems to be a major fan of Rocky Horror Picture Show - he's forever suggesting we all "do the Time Warp again" and somehow connect the distant past with today in order to pretend nothing changes.

 

Mussolini made the trains run on time, but everyone who likes punctual transportation is not a Fascist.

 

Marx wanted progressive taxes and free public education, but not everyone who agrees is Marxist.

 

The entire exercise is bent toward wanting people to "admit their Marxist", or at the very least, admit that Progressives are all Marxists. Why would anyone desire such an absurd result? Because that way he can pretend those who support (for example) a return to fair taxation and free education must also want to enslave the citizens in a Dictatorship of the Prolateriate. No idea why anyonewould think that's a worthy goal, but different strokes.

 

 

I fully agree with your "not everybody" comments. However, the exercise is not wanting anyone to admit anything, however the defensiveness seems to speak volumes.

 

Marx had a political ideology, the Progressive Movement has an ideology. I see a relationship. One to one, exact fit? No, but a similarity.

 

It is necessary to go deeper than "free public education" so see the similarities. You have to go to the use of the schools for indoctrination and the degree to which the schools are used to replace the influence of the parents. You have to go deeper than "progressive taxes" to the concept of the money actually belonging to the government and it determines who gets what.

 

 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 27,219
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 44 of 396 (276 Views)

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Since the thinking on this subject has sunk to the level of "Rker-The proverbial slamming one's head into a wall repeatedly", it may be time to take a different tack.

 

Thinking of the dreams of Marx and his ways to attain them, is there nothing there that posters can approve of?


So which of Marx' dreams do you approve of and how do you propose to attain them?


Since that indicates absolutely no interest in a discussion of the topic, what is your purpose in posting??


If, as you say, my question "indicates absolutely no interest in a discussion of the topic" why did you ask that question of others? Are we only here to answer your questions in only they way you want them answered?


In the interest of stimulating discussion a little deeper than "Oh how I hate tRump" and the obsession with O'Reilly. As to the elements of Marxism that seem good to me - I have posted that. As to my problems with Marxism - I have posted that.

 

So, if you have any interest deeper than trolling, let's do it.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,723
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 45 of 396 (281 Views)

Thank you Alferd for providing us with a very accurate post. and yes, I do agree that actually equating Maxism and Progressim is actually an obcene concept and  extremely offensive to others.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,673
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: The Progressive Movement

[ Edited ]
Message 46 of 396 (273 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

We have a poster who seems to be a major fan of Rocky Horror Picture Show - he's forever suggesting we all "do the Time Warp again" and somehow connect the distant past with today in order to pretend nothing changes.

 

Mussolini made the trains run on time, but everyone who likes punctual transportation is not a Fascist.

 

Marx wanted progressive taxes and free public education, but not everyone who agrees is Marxist.

 

The entire exercise is bent toward wanting people to "admit their Marxist", or at the very least, admit that Progressives are all Marxists. Why would anyone desire such an absurd result? Because that way he can pretend those who support (for example) a return to fair taxation and free education must also want to enslave the citizens in a Dictatorship of the Prolateriate. No idea why anyonewould think that's a worthy goal, but different strokes.

 

I don't think that what you have stated can be actually put in better words. and yet,  I can guarantee you, that no matter what you say, no matter what others have stated. it won't matter at all, because the there will  be the never ending questions, the confusion and the diversion.  that we all have seen.
I get the feeling that we have been subjected to a very bad joke, and the spectacle that perhaps others think is funny.

 

 

 

 


 


On May 2, 2017 it will be the sixtieth anniversary of Joe McCarthy's death.

True - that example of semi-human garbage accused thousands - and mostly lied - but he was dead wrong to do so - it resulted in his career's end - but not his death - his alcoholism and morphine habit did that.

Accusing people of "marxism" "communism" "socialism" and the like died out well before the demise of bell bottom pants, an open shirt to display a big gold chain and the disco ball.

Accusations of that nature have absolutely no place or excuse for existence in this century.

 

 

 

KAKISTOCRACY
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,723
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 47 of 396 (271 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

We have a poster who seems to be a major fan of Rocky Horror Picture Show - he's forever suggesting we all "do the Time Warp again" and somehow connect the distant past with today in order to pretend nothing changes.

 

Mussolini made the trains run on time, but everyone who likes punctual transportation is not a Fascist.

 

Marx wanted progressive taxes and free public education, but not everyone who agrees is Marxist.

 

The entire exercise is bent toward wanting people to "admit their Marxist", or at the very least, admit that Progressives are all Marxists. Why would anyone desire such an absurd result? Because that way he can pretend those who support (for example) a return to fair taxation and free education must also want to enslave the citizens in a Dictatorship of the Prolateriate. No idea why anyonewould think that's a worthy goal, but different strokes.

 

I don't think that what you have stated can be actually put in better words. and yet,  I can guarantee you, that no matter what you say, no matter what others have stated. it won't matter at all, because the there will  be the never ending questions, the confusion and the diversion.  that we all have seen.
I get the feeling that we have been subjected to a very bad joke, and the spectacle that perhaps others think is funny.

 

 

 

 


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 19,772
Registered: ‎11-09-2011

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 48 of 396 (279 Views)

We have a poster who seems to be a major fan of Rocky Horror Picture Show - he's forever suggesting we all "do the Time Warp again" and somehow connect the distant past with today in order to pretend nothing changes.

 

Mussolini made the trains run on time, but everyone who likes punctual transportation is not a Fascist.

 

Marx wanted progressive taxes and free public education, but not everyone who agrees is Marxist.

 

The entire exercise is bent toward wanting people to "admit their Marxist", or at the very least, admit that Progressives are all Marxists. Why would anyone desire such an absurd result? Because that way he can pretend those who support (for example) a return to fair taxation and free education must also want to enslave the citizens in a Dictatorship of the Prolateriate. No idea why anyonewould think that's a worthy goal, but different strokes.

 

 

 

 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,673
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 49 of 396 (287 Views)

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Since the thinking on this subject has sunk to the level of "Rker-The proverbial slamming one's head into a wall repeatedly", it may be time to take a different tack.

 

Thinking of the dreams of Marx and his ways to attain them, is there nothing there that posters can approve of?


So which of Marx' dreams do you approve of and how do you propose to attain them?


Since that indicates absolutely no interest in a discussion of the topic, what is your purpose in posting??


If, as you say, my question "indicates absolutely no interest in a discussion of the topic" why did you ask that question of others? Are we only here to answer your questions in only they way you want them answered?


It appears to me that a realization may not have dawned that the answer to that question is what uppity progressives and even uppity center of the road types answer - "No - it always has been no and it always will be no."

 

Yours in gleeful "uppityness"

alferdpacker

 

 

 

KAKISTOCRACY
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,213
Registered: ‎12-17-2010

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 50 of 396 (302 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Since the thinking on this subject has sunk to the level of "Rker-The proverbial slamming one's head into a wall repeatedly", it may be time to take a different tack.

 

Thinking of the dreams of Marx and his ways to attain them, is there nothing there that posters can approve of?


So which of Marx' dreams do you approve of and how do you propose to attain them?


Since that indicates absolutely no interest in a discussion of the topic, what is your purpose in posting??


If, as you say, my question "indicates absolutely no interest in a discussion of the topic" why did you ask that question of others? Are we only here to answer your questions in only they way you want them answered?