Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,428
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 1 of 396 (505 Views)

rk9152 wrote:


First, unlike you I do not consider my fellow posters to be ignorant. Second, no - I do not want to further torment you with the merry-go round. I am however available to discuss the issue with anyone interested in honest discussion.


I don't think that the statement of me calling fellow posters ignorant is going to fly. they know exactly the meaning of my word and the intent of the word that I used.
And yes, as a poster I too would like to see the similarities, and yes, if that is the only way to keep this merry go round continuing.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,871
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 2 of 396 (508 Views)

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

 


You have never once shown one "similarity" that you continuously speak of.

 

Actually I have show numerous similarities in ideology. However, you have chosen to go into attack mode rather than discuss mode, so my efforts were wasted.


 


Just for the sake of the many ignorant posters that have been too blind to see those similarities.  could you post them again? You can numerated them if you so wish, to make them more understandable to all.


First, unlike you I do not consider my fellow posters to be ignorant. Second, no - I do not want to further torment you with the merry-go round. I am however available to discuss the issue with anyone interested in honest discussion.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,428
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 3 of 396 (511 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

 


You have never once shown one "similarity" that you continuously speak of.

 

Actually I have show numerous similarities in ideology. However, you have chosen to go into attack mode rather than discuss mode, so my efforts were wasted.


 


Just for the sake of the many ignorant posters that have been too blind to see those similarities.  could you post them again? You can numerated them if you so wish, to make them more understandable to all.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,871
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 4 of 396 (512 Views)

rker321 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:


I don't know about "MARXIMS" being "PROGRESSIVS" however, I do know and have posted the philosophy of Karl Marx and an objective look at them would indicate a similarity with the Progressive Movement philosophy.

 

 


You have never once shown one "similarity" that you continuously speak of.


Of course not. that is the type of rethoric preferred by Beck and others. confusing, incorporating incorrect premises with the goal of eventually reach the truth that they want to convey.


Still on the merry-go-round, still complaining, and still no discussion.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,871
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 5 of 396 (514 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

 


You have never once shown one "similarity" that you continuously speak of.

 

Actually I have show numerous similarities in ideology. However, you have chosen to go into attack mode rather than discuss mode, so my efforts were wasted.


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,428
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 6 of 396 (523 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:


I don't know about "MARXIMS" being "PROGRESSIVS" however, I do know and have posted the philosophy of Karl Marx and an objective look at them would indicate a similarity with the Progressive Movement philosophy.

 

 


You have never once shown one "similarity" that you continuously speak of.


Of course not. that is the type of rethoric preferred by Beck and others. confusing, incorporating incorrect premises with the goal of eventually reach the truth that they want to convey.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,771
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: The Progressive Movement

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 396 (524 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

Here go again the the merry go round continues.  no matter how is proven no matter of  facts. the solitary opinion is what apparently we should all listen to.

NO, MARXIMS IS NOT PROGRESSIVS. AND WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

Solitary opinions don't make them facts or truths. 


I don't know about "MARXIMS" being "PROGRESSIVS" however, I do know and have posted the philosophy of Karl Marx and an objective look at them would indicate a similarity with the Progressive Movement philosophy.

 

 


You have never once shown one "similarity" that you continuously speak of.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,871
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 8 of 396 (529 Views)

umbarch64 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

Alferd is correct. Unfortunately most people have little comprehension of what is Socialism 
There are examples of co-ops type of corporations that are successful. Again the Mondragon Experiment, they are still working fine and they have adapted to globalism in the way that they work.

We simply have a capitalistic system that rewards, lack of competetion.  high salaries for their executives and CEO's and their main philosophy is to reward their stockholders in order to make more money for their top people.
They take advantage of any laws that will provide them with more money and or assets, and of course the only ones that suffer with such a system are the poor workers of those corporations.
But, at the risk of being called a Marxist/Communist.  I will have to say, that it would behove us to take a look at all types of corporations and simply let those types of co-ops  flourish   Now we have gone back to monopolies, and they are growing and fast.  so what excuse will they have?


So...would you say what you described is 'predatory capitlalism'?  I would.  If capitalism is to work for any length of time, the people practicing it must accept the circular nature of its being.  They don't.  It's become a bad dream steeped in run-away self-interest BS. 


If we could take a slight turn towards the topic, Marx had a solution for "predatory capitalism". Do the Progressives have one that is different?

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎02-12-2011

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 9 of 396 (542 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Alferd is correct. Unfortunately most people have little comprehension of what is Socialism 
There are examples of co-ops type of corporations that are successful. Again the Mondragon Experiment, they are still working fine and they have adapted to globalism in the way that they work.

We simply have a capitalistic system that rewards, lack of competetion.  high salaries for their executives and CEO's and their main philosophy is to reward their stockholders in order to make more money for their top people.
They take advantage of any laws that will provide them with more money and or assets, and of course the only ones that suffer with such a system are the poor workers of those corporations.
But, at the risk of being called a Marxist/Communist.  I will have to say, that it would behove us to take a look at all types of corporations and simply let those types of co-ops  flourish   Now we have gone back to monopolies, and they are growing and fast.  so what excuse will they have?


So...would you say what you described is 'predatory capitlalism'?  I would.  If capitalism is to work for any length of time, the people practicing it must accept the circular nature of its being.  They don't.  It's become a bad dream steeped in run-away self-interest BS. 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎02-12-2011

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 10 of 396 (546 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

AP--RE: cartoon-funny, sad, true


Ah, yes...'tis true, tis pity...and pity tis, tis true'.