How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,505
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 51 of 388 (63 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy - or are you just playing games?


It would appear we are playing games. No Progressive is a Marxist. They have diametrically opposite viewpoints but the Conservatives keep trying to make the connection. it is almost as if they have no other value to add to the discussion.  Could it be?


That has nothing to do with the words you were theoretically responding to. So, again, do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy?


Your argument has nothing to do with "trusting the individual" and everything to do with "enslaving the individual" because the individual cannot protect himself from the predation that is the hallmark of unregulated Capitalism.

 

NO Progressive has ever supported Monarchy as a desirable form of Government. Only those on the far Right even suggest our Democracy is a Monarchy, and they only make that assertion when there's a Democrat in the White House.

 

The Regressive push to destroy Government and the ability of ordinary citizens to have a counter to the power of the Corporate State is becoming a tad threadbare as more and more people come to realize the absence of Government in the affairs of business is the reason they are making less than their parents did in the 1960's and paying a great deal more in "hidden taxes" - fees for all those things that once were free like driving on highways, their kids school books, student activities, local services clean streets and  trash pick-up, the water they drink (think Detroit) and the safety of the food they eat.

 

When and where exactly have you EVER seen a Progressive/liberal support Monarchy? Just another hyperbolic evasion of the issues.


You are right about unregulated Capitalism. Everyone of all political persuasions understand that. so, why does it keep coming up??

 

About the monarch - you'll have to check with Umbarch. that is the source of the idea.

 

No one that I know of is suggesting the absence of government in the affairs of business so why did you bring it up?

 

Careful what you say about Detroit water - that is where the people in Flint have to get theirs.

 

And now it is the lack of government regulations that has caused the change in our economy. I thought it was the "Reagan taxscam".

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,538
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 52 of 388 (50 Views)

rk9152 wrote:


 

How have I deviated? I started with the proposition that the Progressive Movement incorporates some of the thinking of Karl Marx.

 

What is so wrong with anyone agreeing with Marx and saying so?? Remember, we are not talking about Stalin here.


And the  Merry Go Round  continues.  
there is nothing wrong with agreeing with Marx and his platform is when a poster wants to equate Marx platform with a movement called Progressive. but of course, is a difficult concept to understand. and, ,there goes again the round and around we go.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,505
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 53 of 388 (53 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

That has nothing to do with the words you were theoretically responding to. So, again, do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy?


Which issues, which individual and which monarcy?


Rich, are we still trying to debunk the words of a poster? like I have stated. til the end of creation and there will never be a change of mind regarding this argument.  We have now over 300+ post and and almost the same amount of views on this thread. Unless, now we can all sit down and drink some coffee and simply ignore other more pressing subjects. Sorry Rich, but this thread is really getting boring. perhaps you can meet in private with RK and continue this conversation.


Since you chose to put your one cent in, do you have any idea what Umbarch meant? If so, please help Rich and I understand. If not - what was the point of this post?

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,505
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 54 of 388 (53 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

That has nothing to do with the words you were theoretically responding to. So, again, do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy?


Which issues, which individual and which monarcy?


You'll have to ask Umbarch. I have been trying to get the same answers with no success.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,505
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 55 of 388 (54 Views)

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:


That has nothing to do with the words you were theoretically responding to. So, again, do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy?


I believe that no progressive would actually believe in putting their trust in a monarchy, unless  of course, you are equating monarchy = Federal government, which is as false as any statement can be. But of course, "what's new" in the minds of the very conservative individuals.


I have no idea what you are talking about. This thread started with someone who seemed to be equating a monarch with the "individual".

 

Does that last sentence in some way relate to the thread or did it just satisfy a need to insult those with whom you disagree?

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 1,919
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 56 of 388 (53 Views)

Rker-The proverbial slamming one's head into a wall repeatedly


politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,538
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 57 of 388 (48 Views)

With all due respect Scout, how many times are we going to post rational posts regarding this issue, simply have to go back and do it all over again? 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 19,016
Registered: ‎11-09-2011

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 58 of 388 (53 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy - or are you just playing games?


It would appear we are playing games. No Progressive is a Marxist. They have diametrically opposite viewpoints but the Conservatives keep trying to make the connection. it is almost as if they have no other value to add to the discussion.  Could it be?


That has nothing to do with the words you were theoretically responding to. So, again, do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy?


Your argument has nothing to do with "trusting the individual" and everything to do with "enslaving the individual" because the individual cannot protect himself from the predation that is the hallmark of unregulated Capitalism.

 

NO Progressive has ever supported Monarchy as a desirable form of Government. Only those on the far Right even suggest our Democracy is a Monarchy, and they only make that assertion when there's a Democrat in the White House.

 

The Regressive push to destroy Government and the ability of ordinary citizens to have a counter to the power of the Corporate State is becoming a tad threadbare as more and more people come to realize the absence of Government in the affairs of business is the reason they are making less than their parents did in the 1960's and paying a great deal more in "hidden taxes" - fees for all those things that once were free like driving on highways, their kids school books, student activities, local services clean streets and  trash pick-up, the water they drink (think Detroit) and the safety of the food they eat.

 

When and where exactly have you EVER seen a Progressive/liberal support Monarchy? Just another hyperbolic evasion of the issues.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,538
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 59 of 388 (51 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

That has nothing to do with the words you were theoretically responding to. So, again, do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy?


Which issues, which individual and which monarcy?


Rich, are we still trying to debunk the words of a poster? like I have stated. til the end of creation and there will never be a change of mind regarding this argument.  We have now over 300+ post and and almost the same amount of views on this thread. Unless, now we can all sit down and drink some coffee and simply ignore other more pressing subjects. Sorry Rich, but this thread is really getting boring. perhaps you can meet in private with RK and continue this conversation.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 10,549
Registered: ‎02-28-2008

Re: The Progressive Movement

Message 60 of 388 (51 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

That has nothing to do with the words you were theoretically responding to. So, again, do you really not see the difference between trust in the individual and placing everything in the hands of a monarchy?


Which issues, which individual and which monarcy?