How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: ‘The Bottom Line Is’ Donald Trump ‘Won the Election’

Message 11 of 182 (99 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Hmmm, my opinion is based on facts.

--

Of course, who would ever think otherwise?

Message 12 of 182 (86 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Frankly, I have not seen Tx, doing that. but perhaps I have missed it. Please don't misunderstand me. I have fought with Tx in many issues and for many years. so I am not taking his side lightly. But I do believe that we all need to perhaps understand a little better where he is coming from.

--

Some just can't let go after an election.  We have some here who just can't accept that their candidate lost, but the republic lives on.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 182 (77 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

The Bottom Line Is’ Donald Trump ‘Won the Election’

Yup that's True

But he didn;t win the Election to be the President of only those who voted for him

He Won the Position of the President of the United States of America - News Flash - that includes all the people in all 50 States and more importantly it includes the Majority of the Electorate where 3 Million more voted AGAINST him...............................not FOR his Presidency 

He did claim he'd be the President of ALL Americans, didn't he.  It seems he also wanted to be the US President for all Russians as well.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 182 (78 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

--

Yes, because corporations were seeking to save their businesses from the Bush recession

--

Where did you get that from?  Reality.  Why do you ask?  The Bush recession actually didn't hit until the summer of 2007.  It was along that time when businesses started downsizing due to many factors. Factors like what?  The usual vague comments without facts isn't useful for discussions.  Along about that time was when the flight 'offshore' really started picking up. Yep, because of the recession, yet you haven't identified any other factors.  Profits were shrinking....pressure from stockholders.  For most organizations, human capital is the highest expenditure, thus reducing those costs was priority one.  But of course it's better to blame the Republicans isn't it?  NAFTA was a Republican law, signed by a Centrist President.  Call it what it is.  But thanks for asking, Tex.

This is routine among several here to blame it on the other party, specifically Republicans.  Face it, Obama was intent on giving away the 'company store' to other nations along with the notion of a world-wide government.  He was as much involved in catering to big business as Trump is.

But you are as welcome to your OPINION as I am to mine. Hmmm, my opinion is based on facts.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 15 of 182 (70 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

The Republicans wrote most of NAFTA

--

Immaterial, Clinton was pushing it also and cooperated with the Republicans to get it passed.  He signed the bill instead of using the veto.  The major part of moving offshore esculated during the Obama administration, and Obama was pushing the new world order of global control through the TPP.  His administration negotiated it and he was upset because it didn't pass.

It's one thing to support a candidate, but then it's another at being able to let go.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 182 (72 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

I have no problem with others having an "opinion". I do have a problem with posters taking threads off-topic until they are closed.

Then address this issue in the appropiate manner, tell tx what you want from him and talk to him outright not by saying that he is not pro Trump

Trump lied to "tell them what they wanted to hear" and he continues to lie repeatedly now that he is in office. He is our president and I have never said otherwise, but I do not have to condone his constant lying and his insane actions. If you choose to never speak out against anything that Trump does then that is your prerogative. To me it means that you condone his actions.

Frankly, I have not seen Tx, doing that. but perhaps I have missed it. Please don't misunderstand me. I have fought with Tx in many issues and for many years. so I am not taking his side lightly. But I do believe that we all need to perhaps understand a little better where he is coming from.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 17 of 182 (78 Views)

The Bottom Line Is’ Donald Trump ‘Won the Election’

Yup that's True

But he didn;t win the Election to be the President of only those who voted for him

He Won the Position of the President of the United States of America - News Flash - that includes all the people in all 50 States and more importantly it includes the Majority of the Electorate where 3 Million more voted AGAINST him...............................not FOR his Presidency 

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Message 18 of 182 (72 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

I have no problem with others having an "opinion". I do have a problem with posters taking threads off-topic until they are closed.

--

That's a completely untrue charge with it's inference.  In fact there are some who keep insisting on their way and keeps a charge going.  As far as taking threads off-topic there are many here who does that even with replying to the first post.  I noted that mostly this is liberal posters that does this...

As far as my statement that Trump told people what they want to hear, I don't think it could be said that I'm wrong at that.  It's not any indication of whether he lied or not.  I would say that Hillary lied when she said she would take up for women, as her past indicates she only takes up for Hillary.

And that is a fair comparison and not necessarily off topic.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 182 (57 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

--

They moved offshore and south during Obama's administration.  As well as during the Bush Administration. Fact/point is, this is a GOP manufactored (sic) issue.

--

Of course it is never the fault of Democrats.  Regardless of who one claims 'manufactured' it, a good part, mostly, happened during the Obama administration, almost as if encouraged by a President who in fact was pushing the TPP and other agreements transferring regulatory control. 

But whatever, have a nice day.

To the contrary, jobs started leaving this country in the 1970's, bringing up Obama about it is short sighted. Jobs moving over seas accelerated during the Reagan presidency, should we blame it all on him? The Republicans wrote most of NAFTA, any way you slice it. May of the statutes making it lucrative tax wise for companies to move over seas were written by Republicans after NAFTA was already in place.. No, "most of it" didn't "mostly happen" during the Obama presidency.

But "whatever", have a nice day.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 182 (57 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

Come On, please I haven't seen Tx said anything of what you are intimating. You also need a good dose of impartiality on your posts and less subjectivity. and please, don't bother to come back to me and try to argue this point. it won't happen. As you well know I am not in the habit of answering posts that I won't understand.

--

That is the whole point, not only that poster but others cannot understand impartiality or that others have an opinion of their own. 

Trump lied to "tell them what they wanted to hear" and he continues to lie repeatedly now that he is in office. He is our president and I have never said otherwise, but I do not have to condone his constant lying and his insane actions. If you choose to never speak out against anything that Trump does then that is your prerogative. To me it means that you condone his actions.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"