Perhaps Trump was winning people over by telling them what they wanted to hear

You mean lying?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: ‘The Bottom Line Is’ Donald Trump ‘Won the Election’

Message 2 of 147 (9 Views)

KidBoy2 wrote:
Tx posted..

And I would suggest that even if we like it or not, Trump is the legitimate 45th President of the United States. Appears many are in self-denial about that.

===============================================

self-denial is a understatement.

But every day we have the same posters that bash Trump and then pat each other on the back ... its like a contest..a contest that children would play.

Oh?  You mean like those who constantly bashed the Obamas about their vacations for eight years and "patted each other on the backs"?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 147 (17 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

myexper wrote:

Not true. The "proof" was shown to the President and appropriate members of Congress.

--

You keep posting that.  Can you direct us to a source where it said it was 'proof' rather then their opinion.  I don't think so.

Think again .....

Reuters, January 9, 2017:

Trump aide says: Trump acknowledges Russia role in U.S. election hacking.

President-elect Donald Trump accepts the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that Russia engaged in cyber attacks during the U.S. presidential election and may take action in response, his incoming chief of staff said on Sunday.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 147 (17 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

For decades I've liked this sentence from a Roger Burns poem"O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us. (O would some power the gift to give us to see ourselves as others see us.)."

Would you like this for yourself ?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 147 (19 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

Why don't we all give him the curtesy  to the time that he needs to make up his mind.

--

There are people in life who either follows others or those who follows their own path.  We can see examples here where many follow the majority, much as being the 'amen corner' for whatever the group decides.  Mostly its driven by a sense of wanting to belong to the group.

I agree 100%, Tex.  I recall one of the most far left liberals here abandoning the party after some disagreed with his views on the Confederate battle flag and desire to discriminate against others for his own religious beliefs.  He clung to the group until they disagreed with him on two issues.  I found it rather odd that one would abandon a political party based on disagreement with a couple of individuals here on a couple of issues.

Anyone who dares having an independent thought and not going along with the crowd has their opinions soundly criticized.  Fact is Tex, many individuals can have their own independent thoughts and they end up being the same.  There's 7.5 billion people on the planet....how many unique positions do you think there can be?   We've seen it here many times over the past few years especially.  Anyone who hasn't gone along with the political correctness in discussions is criticized for having an independent and different opinion.  Disagreement isn't the same as criticism.  It becomes criticism if one takes disagreement personally.

Very well said Cent. I agree with everything you posted, expecially the part that I underlined and put into bold print ....... I remember a poster here doing the exact thing that you described..

Oops, perhaps I shouldn't agree with you, I may get accused of being part of the "group speak" thingy.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 147 (22 Views)

rker321 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

Those who follow partisan "group speak" will say nothing negative about the Trump administration.

Frankly, I don't think that what you have posted actually applies to Tx. I don't think that he has changed his affilitation or his preferences.
Of whether he is willing to demonize Trump in this message board or not.  as you know, I am the one that has been  very vocal as to the silliness to continue to insult Trump.
I wants to see and evaluate this Administration, that doesn't mean that he doesn't understand or that he is willing at this point to provide us with his conclusion. 
Why don't we all give him the curtesy  to the time that he needs to make up his mind.

I'll give others the same courtesy they give to me, thank you very much.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 147 (24 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

myexper wrote:

Duly elected ....?  The Russian interference clearly suggests otherwise!!!

--

You and others keep mentioning 'Russian interference'.  How did they interfere with voters casting their ballots?

Never said anything about "ballots" Tex.  Again, you put your words into my posts.

They didn't interfere with mine.

How do you know that?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 147 (22 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

myexper wrote:

Well, they covinced enough to allow Trump to win the election!

--

How are you to know if they convinced enough to allow Trump to win the election? 

Because he won .... a rigged election.

How did they convince these 'enough'? Maybe they were emanating cosmic waves out to people's thoughts?

Well, you stated that you were able to know what the Clinton's were thinking. Was that how you did it?

Perhaps Trump was winning people over by telling them what they wanted to hear

That would be racism, misogyny, xenophobia, bigotry ....

I'm sure the voters made their own minds up. 

With the help of Russian interference ...

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 147 (27 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

myexper wrote:

BTW: You can find the quotes I referenced from numerous sources on the Internet Tex. 

--

The burden is on you to validate your posts, not on me. 

And I did Tex.

Of course if I'm correct, you have never provided any specific links. 

Well, you're wrong. I have provided links where applicable.

I also have provided direct quotes as I just did to answer your question.

As far as your suggestions, I would believe that I have a good record of research and providing links...  Additionally why don't you look up the answers to your questions?

As the question was relative to YOUR specific actions, only YOU could answer that question Tex.

As far as I'm concerned further discussions with someone who keeps obfuscating is over.

Another evasion .... instead, please answer the question posed to you:

Where is your zealous "need to know" relative to evidence about Trump's claim that President Obama had Trump Tower "wire tapped"?

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 147 (36 Views)

myexper wrote:

BTW: You can find the quotes I referenced from numerous sources on the Internet Tex. 

--

The burden is on you to validate your posts, not on me.  Of course if I'm correct, you have never provided any specific links.  As far as your suggestions, I would believe that I have a good record of research and providing links...  Additionally why don't you look up the answers to your questions?

As far as I'm concerned further discussions with someone who keeps obfuscating is over.