AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Info Seeker

Re: Tell us who is your favorite U.S. President of all time and why

Message 1 of 323

President Obama. Proud of moral standings for the USA.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 323

MIseker wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

As a post of snark - president bannon and his charmingly deranged sidekick twitler...

Well, I was going to say Trump since I started watching late night TV again. you kinda beat me to it.

Sorry - I'll wait a day or two next time...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning

Message 3 of 323

pc6063 wrote:

ALFERD PACKER--You really REALLY need to apply for a job as a writer for SNL.  OMG,  your posts just make my day!!  Keep 'em coming!!!

I got the idea of posting that from the SNL bit - although I do wish I could say what "Zimbabwe" said...

Message 4 of 323

alferdpacker wrote:

As a post of snark - president bannon and his charmingly deranged sidekick twitler...

Well, I was going to say Trump since I started watching late night TV again. you kinda beat me to it.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 323

ALFERD PACKER--You really REALLY need to apply for a job as a writer for SNL.  OMG,  your posts just make my day!!  Keep 'em coming!!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!

Message 6 of 323

Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 323

Check page 10  of the subject concerned.

Thanks though,

CHARLEE6

Conversationalist

Message 8 of 323

Your comment was sent on to me  by AARP and I am not sure if you were replying to an earlier comment by me. In any case I agree with everything you wrote.  My strong criticisms of Pres. Obama as one who twice voted for him and don't at all regret it, do not deal with the economic matters you have outlined.  I especially agree based on my own experience with your closing comment concerning Pres. Obama saving my own pocketbook.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 323

Slippery slope when naming favorite pres because many will overlook so much they did, because they were doing stupid things in their personal life--But--Obama was great--he saved this countty  from a depression, to name just one of many --google Obama's Achievements.  I also think he is a  very man-- moral--no scandals here!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 323

Your analogy of Pres. O'Bama is false and full of holes. The republicans and Tea Party stoked the divisional fire between races. Let's not forget the posters of a "monkey-O'Bama" at Tea Party rallies. The lack of respect and decency exhibited on Faux News by numerous pundits and Cons. Mitch McConnell ordering the Cons not to work with O'Bama on any legislation, to become obstructionists for 8 years. In the face of these devisive tactics O'Bama still saved America from a Depression caused by Bush/Republican policies. Under O'Bama, we had the fastest economic growth since Clinton. The upward trend of the debt started with Reagan's 1982 fiscal budget, declined during Clinton's 2nd term then, resumed upward with Bush's fiscal 2002 budget. The cost of Bush's policies was $5.1 trillion, the cost of O'Bama's policies was a mere $983 billion. The year 2009 in which the debt escalated rapidly wasn't the blame of O'Bama but of Bush and his policies. Bush inherited a booming economy then left the country absolutely devastated. O'Bama saved your pocketbook, **bleep**.