Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TRUMP WON'T SIGN - PASSED CONGRESS UNANIMOUSLY

Message 1 of 6 (56 Views)

jims730656 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Even thinkprogress - that left wing source of propaganda making believe it is news used the words, "Trump cites 'another side' for violence....." in it's August 15th piece. Was there not "another side"?  Those Nazis and Kluxers weren't fighting among themselves.

Since the topic was violence, I can't see why the Congress left out that "other side". 

I think that's the whole point here.  I don't think any protest of any kind erupts into fighting unless there is another group that opposes them that approaches and confronts them.  It makes no sense to assume that a group that hates another wouldn't expect violence when they come that close to the group that was there first (with a permit).

In this situation I am in no way in support of either group involved and I am looking at the bigger picture here.

It's obviously hard for rational people  to support white supremacists but it's equally hard to support another group that deliberately causes a confrontation.  I think it's a  sad commentary on our society that some groups feel they can bypass the legal process to get things done and resort to violence when they don't get their way.  That is NOT the way this country is supposed to work!

And it's downright alarming to see people condoning this kind of  violence, but only for their own preferred side, while simultaneously  condemning the other side.

Well said, jims.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 2 of 6 (81 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Even thinkprogress - that left wing source of propaganda making believe it is news used the words, "Trump cites 'another side' for violence....." in it's August 15th piece. Was there not "another side"?  Those Nazis and Kluxers weren't fighting among themselves.

Since the topic was violence, I can't see why the Congress left out that "other side". 

I think that's the whole point here.  I don't think any protest of any kind erupts into fighting unless there is another group that opposes them that approaches and confronts them.  It makes no sense to assume that a group that hates another wouldn't expect violence when they come that close to the group that was there first (with a permit).

In this situation I am in no way in support of either group involved and I am looking at the bigger picture here.

It's obviously hard for rational people  to support white supremacists but it's equally hard to support another group that deliberately causes a confrontation.  I think it's a  sad commentary on our society that some groups feel they can bypass the legal process to get things done and resort to violence when they don't get their way.  That is NOT the way this country is supposed to work!

And it's downright alarming to see people condoning this kind of  violence, but only for their own preferred side, while simultaneously  condemning the other side.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 6 (88 Views)

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 6 (95 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

White House won’t commit to signing joint congressional resolution condemning white supremacists – T...

No surprise - he has a life history as a white supremacist/racist.

From the link:

The White House’s hesitancy to come out in support of a joint resolution that explicitly condemns white supremacists and affiliated groups is notable in light of Trump’s comments immediately after the violence in Charlottesville, when he equated white supremacists with the people who gathered to protest them.

“You look at both sides — I think there’s blame on both sides,” Trump said

He and sessions wish to carry on the work of Nixon and Hoover.

So it begins.
Silver Conversationalist

Message 5 of 6 (102 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

White House won’t commit to signing joint congressional resolution condemning white supremacists – T...

No surprise - he has a life history as a white supremacist/racist.

Does "life history" include the years Trump was a Democrat?  From August 2001 through September 2009, Trump was a Democrat and said he 'identified with'  Democrats.  Trump is Trump, period, and I don't think he can be called a 'good' Republican OR Demolcrat.  And because of that, neither party likes him.

I'm not saying you are a Democrat or a Republican and I'm certainly not defending Donald Trump.  I'm just attempting to put some political perspective into the conversation.  In fact, I have no use for EITHER political party because they both share the blame for the deterioration of this country.  Both parties have had presidents and congressional majorities and things never got better and there's no one else to blame.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

TRUMP WON'T SIGN - PASSED CONGRESS UNANIMOUSLY

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 6 (158 Views)