AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TRUMP IS NOT ONLY A TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A PRESIDENT, HE'S A TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN.

Message 1 of 8

Panjandrum wrote:

xrepub: 

It may be difficult for readers here to know what it takes to be a good president, but they should know what it takes to be a good human. Still, more than a third of Americans view Trump favorably. Is it possible that they would view a terrible human as a good president, or do they not realize that he is a terrible human.

I think it's simply tribalism. He's their guy warts and all and they're going excuse his flaws no matter how egregious and dangerous.

That is at least partially right. I would add:

people do not like to admit their mistakes, and voting for Trump was a very serious one

people are reluctant to criticize members of their own tribe (at least publically).

But all of us have encountered members of our own tribe that we do not like. There are some that we avoid.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TRUMP IS NOT ONLY A TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A PRESIDENT, HE'S A TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN.

Message 2 of 8

xrepub: 

It may be difficult for readers here to know what it takes to be a good president, but they should know what it takes to be a good human. Still, more than a third of Americans view Trump favorably. Is it possible that they would view a terrible human as a good president, or do they not realize that he is a terrible human.

I think it's simply tribalism. He's their guy warts and all and they're going excuse his flaws no matter how egregious and dangerous.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 8

What we are seeing here is a small group of people that are so invested in hating all that the President Obama accomplished, that they will cling to Donald and his nonsense, regardless of what he says and does promise, regardless if he actually does it.   

Millions of job losses from Trumpcare- they won't care, because it will not affect them personally and it is typical of GOP to enjoy having someone below them to ridicule / mock and disdain and loathe.   

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 8

pc6063 wrote:

xrepub--good post touching on most, if not all, of Trump's dysfunctional personality idiosyncrasies.  I don't get it--seems so obvious to me that there is something so incredibly wrong with this man.  I've said before that I see bi-polar disorder, sociopathy, and I also suspect he is somewhere on the Ausberger's syndrome scale.  Years of working with problem children, saw this stuff often.  Whatever disorder(s) he suffers--he is not fit to be president--as I noted before--he's not even a fit human being.

Thank you for the very kind words on my behalf!

I can easily understand why some people cannot understand complicated policy. I can even understand why some people do not get excited about his sexism or his lack of response to racism or other forms of discrimination (though I certainly do not condone this). However, we have all had to endure aholes, and we should all be able to note the symptoms. Why do some people fail to recognize the signs? Is it that they display the signs themselves?

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 8

He's been a terrible excuse for a human ever since he and his daddy fabricated the "bone spur" excuse for dodging the draft, and discriminated in renting all those decades ago.

He's been a moral abomination with all his adulteries and failing to honor contractual obligations...

After his multiple bankruptcies it's no wonder there aren't any American Banks and precious few other banks worldwide that will lend to him, at any rate at all, so he had to go to the Chinese, Russians, and other former soviet block groups to get money...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 8

Many have said it before over the last 18 months...Trump is unfit to be President.  He does NOT have the temperment necessary to lead this great country.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 8

xrepub--good post touching on most, if not all, of Trump's dysfunctional personality idiosyncrasies.  I don't get it--seems so obvious to me that there is something so incredibly wrong with this man.  I've said before that I see bi-polar disorder, sociopathy, and I also suspect he is somewhere on the Ausberger's syndrome scale.  Years of working with problem children, saw this stuff often.  Whatever disorder(s) he suffers--he is not fit to be president--as I noted before--he's not even a fit human being.

Thank you for the very kind words on my behalf!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

TRUMP IS NOT ONLY A TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A PRESIDENT, HE'S A TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN.

Message 8 of 8

TRUMP IS NOT ONLY A TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A PRESIDENT, HE'S A TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN.

I copied that sentence from pc, a poster here who is worth reading.

It may be difficult for readers here to know what it takes to be a good president, but they should know what it takes to be a good human. Still, more than a third of Americans view Trump favorably. Is it possible that they would view a terrible human as a good president, or do they not realize that he is a terrible human. Can they look kindly on a human that :

cannot admit a mistake

blames others for his own faults

lies as if the truth has no importance

cares about no one but himself

is a bully

cannot laugh at himself

cannot laugh at all

cannot tolerate a blow to his ego.

Do his supporters have the same limitations? Are his supporters surrounded by others with the same limitations?