Free Caregiving Webinar: Managing Your Loved One’s Finances - Tuesday at 7p.m. ET  Register Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: THE PRICE OF NO UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE

Message 1 of 18 (49 Views)

Yes, and that is a disgusting and unacceptable statistic that is not talked about enough.

This basically translates into five years of life, but it also about quality of life. 

That is the cost of NOT adopting Medicare for All.

The private private insurer system we use does not produce a better result at a lower price.

Just the opposite, a less effective result at a higher price.

Which brings us back full circle to the aftermath of mass shootings.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 18 (80 Views)
Right you are Chas, and the cause is US capitalism. Raising a sickly baby is a burden on society..let it die. But no abortions because we need to be sure we have enough wage slaves. when you are too old to keep making wall st richer off your labor, drop dead.

Us has style capitalism doesnt value a life outside of what you earn for someone else. Lower vacation times, longer work hours, economy manipulation to keep wages down.

Having good healthcare is just considered an expense...instead of an investment in a life well lived.
So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 18 (83 Views)

GailL1 wrote:

john258 wrote:

Epster wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

From Healthcare.gov 

Healthcare.gov - Getting Emergency Services

Opening stanza from the above website: "In an emergency, you should get care from the closest hospital that can help you. That hospital will treat you regardless of whether you have insurance. Your insurance company can't charge you more for getting emergency room services at an out-of-network hospital."

Did you read para 3 Will I have to pay anything. If not read it as it tells you that you might have to pay per its special rules. That undoes para.2. That is the problem in using a document like is used as support when it does not apply to the subject being talked about. Sadly that happens in here quite a bit since we have people who are good at finding articles but do not understand them before posting them as an answer. One true thing is when you are billed you can not pay the bill if you want, and take it into the legal system. For a lot of people who do have some assets that might be a problem. Now with a medi care for all approach no problem.

john258, 

the main purpose of health insurance is always to cover you for those unexpected health events - no matter what that might be - and the plan you pick determines the amount which the insurance pays and what part you pay.

I think it might be you that does not understand - the Healthcare.gov site was linked to clarify the thinking of another individual who thought the Las  Vegas victims might be out of network when they were carried to the trauma center ER.

This thread is not about Insurance it is about the price of no universal health care. The article you put up was about insurance and not about the topic, and your article told all they could be charged by the hospital treating them. It is you who once again proved you do not understand the subject of this thread by the article you posted. That happens often to people who are experts at finding stories on the web and trying to use them in subjects they are not experts in.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 18 (101 Views)

gruffstuff wrote:

The biggest cost of not having Universal Health Care for our citizens are the poor health statistics we have in comparison to other nations.

The life expectancy gap is growing, the US is now 34th compared to other countries.

Yes, and that is a disgusting and unacceptable statistic that is not talked about enough. People are too busy worrying about what football players do and not giving enough thought as to how our heath care system robs people of good health and life expectancy.

A good source is the OECD for health care statistics and so much other information is available at (The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.)  http://www.oecd.org/ 

Within this website are links to statistical data and other information. Here is a link to heath statistics within the oecd.org site:

http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm

I found a good article with stats that are easy to see and read and the USA has disgusting stats in all health care statical areas. High infant death rates, lower life expectancy, and other disgusting health care statistics in America should be completely unacceptable to all Americans. Until the majority of Americans stand up and demand better health care in America this will never change. It will never be done worrying about NFL football player's actions, flag burning, and statues.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-health-lags-the-developed-world-2013-1

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 18 (113 Views)

The biggest cost of not having Universal Health Care for our citizens are the poor health statistics we have in comparison to other nations.

The life expectancy gap is growing, the US is now 34th compared to other countries.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 18 (133 Views)

john258 wrote:

Epster wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

From Healthcare.gov 

Opening stanza from the above website: "In an emergency, you should get care from the closest hospital that can help you. That hospital will treat you regardless of whether you have insurance. Your insurance company can't charge you more for getting emergency room services at an out-of-network hospital."

Did you read para 3 Will I have to pay anything. If not read it as it tells you that you might have to pay per its special rules. That undoes para.2. That is the problem in using a document like is used as support when it does not apply to the subject being talked about. Sadly that happens in here quite a bit since we have people who are good at finding articles but do not understand them before posting them as an answer. One true thing is when you are billed you can not pay the bill if you want, and take it into the legal system. For a lot of people who do have some assets that might be a problem. Now with a medi care for all approach no problem.

john258, 

the main purpose of health insurance is always to cover you for those unexpected health events - no matter what that might be - and the plan you pick determines the amount which the insurance pays and what part you pay.

I think it might be you that does not understand - the Healthcare.gov site was linked to clarify the thinking of another individual who thought the Las  Vegas victims might be out of network when they were carried to the trauma center ER.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 18 (151 Views)

Epster wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

From Healthcare.gov 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 18 (154 Views)

The biggest cost of not having Universal Health Care for our citizens are the poor health statistics we have in comparison to other nations. We trail terribly in life expectancy, infant death rates and many other health issues. That is sorry for a nation such as ours. If Trump wants to "make America great again" he would get a universal health care plan passed through our Congress. He would at the least publicly endorse it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 18 (172 Views)

Treatment for gun shot wounds goes well beyond emergency room services, the out of network issue on insurance is going to cost people a lot of money.

It's a nightmare.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 18 (211 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

WebWiseWoman wrote:

There are so many of us baby-boomers living here in Vegas; there may be many of us injured. My two youngest daughters and their sister were there and thank goodness are safe and unharmed physically.

I am so angry this person thought it was okay to take others lives. I don't care what his brother says, this was an angry old white man with an axe to grind and he chose this as his tool of choice. Someone knew he was going to do this. Shame on them! And by the way he is not a "local"; lives in Nevada, but not Las Vegas.

#LVStrong

I too am grateful that your three daughters were unharmed. I am from close to Nashville and am sure that I know people that were there.

I also am slow to respond to this posting, it is hard to politicize this horrific event. But ............... it indicates two things that are direly needed in our society ........... gun controls and universal health care. I will leave it at that and not expound on it any further.

My concerns are for the families and victims of this tragedy, my prayers go out for each and every one of them.

The gunman had a right to own assault rifles, and some of the wounded may be priviledged enough to have health care that covers them. the others go into debt for life, because a madman exercised his right to bear arms.  

So it begins.