How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: TEXAS PARADOX MAY LEAD TO WOMAN'S DEPORTATION

Message 41 of 68 (83 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Given your senator, I would say that one reads more about Kentucky than Texas.  But of course to quote Will Rogers regarding the news:  "All I know is just what I read in the papers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."   Kinda what Trump said when he blamed Fox for the wiretapping lie.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 68 (79 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Since you asked ........ I would say it's in Texas !!!

--

So how is your Senator doing?  The one that is Senate Majority Leader. 

I'd say that another state that won't be mentioned has more problems than Texas....especially the Appalachian areas.

Yep, the idiots in this state elected a Tea Party hedge fund Millionaire from out of state as Governor and have kept McConnell in office. Stupid voters do stupid things. Must be the same reason Texas is so screwed up, huh? Only Texas is in the news much more than Kentucky.

Well done, Chas.  It's impressive to see the objectivity and maturity when commenting on the politics of one's own state.  Some of it downright stinks!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 68 (84 Views)

BigLib wrote:

This woman was a registered republican, so she likely voted for Trump. Since her vote no longer counts, take one more away from Trump's popular vote count, and the margin that Clinton won that vote by gets even largerone, BigLib.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/02/11/republican-green-card-holder-who-voted...

She worked and paid taxes here, but her vote doesn't count. I think I've heard about this before.... called taxation without represetation or something like that. Ironic she voted for Paxton. Maybe they can be cellmates.

Good research, BigLib.  Well done.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 68 (82 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

Yep, the idiots in this state elected a Tea Party hedge fund Millionaire from out of state as Governor and have kept McConnell in office. Stupid voters do stupid things. Must be the same reason Texas is so screwed up, huh? Only Texas is in the news much more than Kentucky.

--

Given your senator, I would say that one reads more about Kentucky than Texas.  But of course to quote Will Rogers regarding the news:  "All I know is just what I read in the papers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."

I rarely pay any attention to what is in the news media without doing research from different points of view.  And even then look at the whole picture instead of isolated incidents. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 68 (85 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

--

I'd say that another state that won't be mentioned has more problems than Texas....especially the Appalachian areas.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Message 46 of 68 (87 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

--

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 68 (83 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

SO, where is the problem?  Here in Texas or two individuals in other states jumping in?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 68 (84 Views)

This woman was a registered republican, so she likely voted for Trump. Since her vote no longer counts, take one more away from Trump's popular vote count, and the margin that Clinton won that vote by gets even larger.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/02/11/republican-green-card-holder-who-voted...

She worked and paid taxes here, but her vote doesn't count. I think I've heard about this before.... called taxation without represetation or something like that. Ironic she voted for Paxton. Maybe they can be cellmates.

Bowling Green Massacre is a flat-out lie. "Biggest electoral victory since Reagan" is another lie. Lied about terror attacks in Sweden.

Message 49 of 68 (78 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

Maybe if more people in Texas would work to correct such problems, peopel from outside the state wouldn't feel they had to.

--

And if more people in Kentucky would work to correct their problems instead of being concerned about those that don't affect them?  Apparently the elections clerk in this case recognized that the lady was committing fraud, and had done so in another county.  So the official was doing something about it, but several here in two other states are putting their two cents condemning OUR government for prosecuting her.

SO, where is the problem?  Here in Texas or two individuals in other states jumping in?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 68 (63 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

More questions with not a single link to answer the questions...

Another hot air post.

-

How could one furnish links when they are referring to another post here?  The questions was an attempt to clarify the opinion posted in that post.  I was just wondering why a poster living half-way across the country has a continuing interest in this state, and not his own.

Of course if anyone had a REAL interest in what is going on here because they are a LIBERAL, they would have already moved here and campaigned to change things.  Or why aren't they attempting to improve their own state instead of criticizing one that they have never lived in and have only been here to driving through.

Maybe if more people in Texas would work to correct such problems, peopel from outside the state wouldn't feel they had to.