How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TEXAS PARADOX MAY LEAD TO WOMAN'S DEPORTATION

Message 31 of 68 (58 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

It seems to be a liberal thing that some want to turn over our country to others.

Which liberal advocated for that?

Bowling Green Massacre is a flat-out lie. "Biggest electoral victory since Reagan" is another lie. Lied about terror attacks in Sweden.
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 68 (63 Views)

BigLib wrote:

I just find it ironic that a nation that began with its immigrants protesting about taxation without representation, think it's fine to suck the taxes off of current day immigrants and not allow them to select their representatives.

--

Of course the original immigrants protesting taxation without representation was originally from the country making the laws.  Of course, it's probably not the fault of Ortego that she isn't a citizen and allowed to vote.  Doubtful she ever applied for naturalization.  If she had followed the process, then she and others like her would have the vote. 

It seems to be a liberal thing that some want to turn over our country to others.  Have to wonder if they would be happy if these immigrants just moved in and took over their homes also. Same thing.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 68 (64 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

She worked and paid taxes here, but her vote doesn't count. I think I've heard about this before.... called taxation without represetation or something like that. Ironic she voted for Paxton. Maybe they can be cellmates.

--

Of course she has worked and paid taxes here.  She has a green card allowing her to work.  But then again there are thousands of illegals that work and pay taxes without being allowed to vote or even to get refunds, etc.

Plus, it's a given that only American citizens can vote so what's the problem with prosecuting her? 

I never said there was a problem with prosecuting her.

I just find it ironic that a nation that began with its immigrants protesting about taxation without representation, think it's fine to suck the taxes off of current day immigrants and not allow them to select their representatives.

Of course, I really shouldn't be surprised, because the feds still taxes people without letting them select their representatives. You'll find them with Washington, D.C. residences.

Bowling Green Massacre is a flat-out lie. "Biggest electoral victory since Reagan" is another lie. Lied about terror attacks in Sweden.

Message 34 of 68 (65 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

Your continued personalization of your posts directed toward me have been noted several times in this thead; and yet, you continue.

I do not know what you mean by "have been noted by others"

--

Of course it is ok for you to post about locations, but not another poster.  But can you prove that my opinion is wrong?

For myself, I'm through with this, so just go ahead and enjoy yourself. 

But if you have a problem with the sentence given the lady, suggest you contact the DA of Tarrent County.  I'm sure they will be happy for your concern.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 35 of 68 (69 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

The history of these type posts should show started after my objections to the treatment of the Palestinian people by the Isrealis.

And I note that the reason these type topics are continued to be posted have been noted by others here on the forum. 

Doubtful her level of education had anything to do with it as I've seen people with a third grade level education have plenty of common sense and lifestyle savvy.

Your continued personalization of your posts directed toward me have been noted several times in this thread; and yet, you continue.

I do not know what you mean by "have been noted by others"

Now, you are baiting me with a diversion to Palestinian/Israeli relations; knowing I am of the Jewish Faith. I will not take your bait though; and shall attempt to keep this thread on topic.

Again, the point of the thread is not her guilt. She did do something wrong.

The point of the thread relates to her intent and more importantly, the inordinately harsh sentence she received.

I don't believe the harshness of this sentence would have been seen in any other state under the same circumstances.

It is clear that a $5,000 fine AND 8 years in jail AND deportation for a single mother of four is a sentence that would have not been levied anywhere else against a person from a protected group except in TEXAS.

Message 36 of 68 (66 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

They don't get into the news for the horrible things that Texas does. I have a brother, nieces and a nephew there. They are often appalled, at least they admit it  !!!! They don't blindly defend everything that goes on there. They truly do "look at the whole picture".

--

Horrible things that Texas does?  Such as?  But of course if a person looks at the shady side of life they will no doubt find it....no matter what state or country it occurs in. 

Apparently there are some here who are not looking at the 'whole picture' in regards to Texas.  Of course none of those making derogatory comments haven't spent much time here and are only looking at the sensational.  I've heard the same type of comments about other places in the world, but when going there found good folk with the usual villains like in every hometown.

I have to believe that those making negative comments here would be unhappy wherever they were at.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 68 (70 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

Yep, the idiots in this state elected a Tea Party hedge fund Millionaire from out of state as Governor and have kept McConnell in office. Stupid voters do stupid things. Must be the same reason Texas is so screwed up, huh? Only Texas is in the news much more than Kentucky.

--

Given your senator, I would say that one reads more about Kentucky than Texas.  But of course to quote Will Rogers regarding the news:  "All I know is just what I read in the papers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."

I rarely pay any attention to what is in the news media without doing research from different points of view.  And even then look at the whole picture instead of isolated incidents. 

Kentucky may get in the news occasionally, McConnell is the majority leader. They don't get into the news for the horrible things that Texas does. I have a brother, nieces and a nephew there. They are often appalled, at least they admit it  !!!! They don't blindly defend everything that goes on there. They truly do "look at the whole picture".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Message 38 of 68 (74 Views)

myexper wrote:

Plus, it's a given that only American citizens can vote

Tell that to the Russians!

--

Perhaps you have some information where the Russians have been voting in our elections?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 68 (71 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

She worked and paid taxes here, but her vote doesn't count. I think I've heard about this before.... called taxation without represetation or something like that. Ironic she voted for Paxton. Maybe they can be cellmates.

--

Of course she has worked and paid taxes here.  She has a green card allowing her to work.  But then again there are thousands of illegals that work and pay taxes without being allowed to vote or even to get refunds, etc.

Plus, it's a given that only American citizens can vote

Tell that to the Russians!

Message 40 of 68 (85 Views)

BigLib wrote:

--

Plus, it's a given that only American citizens can vote so what's the problem with prosecuting her?