AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TEXAS PARADOX MAY LEAD TO WOMAN'S DEPORTATION

Message 21 of 68

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

The comment was about paying taxes without any representation. Ortega's been here since she was an infant. She's 37 now. Short of going through the rest of the process, I doubt she's harboring deep-seeded loyalty to Mexico.

---

So she has been here since childhood, but never felt a need to pursue citizenship?  Yet decided to vote after all those years?

As the article I posted earlier stated, she voted for Romney, too. So she's been voting for a while. I doubt she had ulterior motives when she registered, like Mexico was paying her to cast a vote or something. After all this time in the US, she probably does feel like a citizen. But, after all, she IS a republican voter in Texas with nothing more than a 6th grade education, so who the heck knows!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 68

BigLib wrote:

The comment was about paying taxes without any representation. Ortega's been here since she was an infant. She's 37 now. Short of going through the rest of the process, I doubt she's harboring deep-seeded loyalty to Mexico.

---

So she has been here since childhood, but never felt a need to pursue citizenship?  Yet decided to vote after all those years?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 68

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

Oh, Tex. Still reading things that were never there just to make it personal, instead of sticking to the subject. Take a hint -- endless innuendo ain't paying off for Trump, either.

--

Just an observation since liberals here are so concerned about immigrants.  So why the comment about paying taxes, yet cannot vote?  You believe that non-citizens should be allowed to vote? 

So showing concern about someone means you want them to take over the country?? That's quite a leap.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)

Message 24 of 68

ChasKy53 wrote:

Why make this personal Tx ?   I am happy where I am and have been happy anywhere I have been, and will remain fairly happy anywhere I go.

--

Is there a reason you took that personally?  If you're happy where you're a, perhaps others are happy where they are at.  Why the negative comments about states you don't live in then?  Apparently others are taking their unhappiness at being where they're at on other states.

Y'all have a nice day now......enough of this.

Message 25 of 68

BigLib wrote:

Oh, Tex. Still reading things that were never there just to make it personal, instead of sticking to the subject. Take a hint -- endless innuendo ain't paying off for Trump, either.

--

Just an observation since liberals here are so concerned about immigrants.  So why the comment about paying taxes, yet cannot vote?  You believe that non-citizens should be allowed to vote? 

Message 26 of 68

ChasKy53 wrote:

No it doesn't "seem to be inferring that", so why do you say so?

--

Of course you don't think so... 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 68

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

It seems to be a liberal thing that some want to turn over our country to others.

Which liberal advocated for that?

--

Someone wondering about a person paying taxes without representation seems to be inferring that.

No it doesn't "seem to be inferring that", so why do you say so?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 68

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

It seems to be a liberal thing that some want to turn over our country to others.

--

Someone wondering about a person paying taxes without representation seems to be inferring that.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 68

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

I have to believe that those making negative comments here would be unhappy wherever they were at.

Why make this personal Tx ?   I am happy where I am and have been happy anywhere I have been, and will remain fairly happy anywhere I go.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Message 30 of 68

BigLib wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

--