Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TEXAS PARADOX MAY LEAD TO WOMAN'S DEPORTATION

Message 11 of 68 (90 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

myexper wrote:

Plus, it's a given that only American citizens can vote

Tell that to the Russians!

--

Perhaps you have some information where the Russians have been voting in our elections?

Well, 17 U.S. Intelligence Agencies said the Russians interfered in "or elections" Tex. And that had to influence how millions of Americans voted.

I'd worry more about millions of tainted votes rather than a single person voting illegally Tex!

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 12 of 68 (90 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course another assumption?  I'm familiar with many immigrants who passed the citizenship test.  Many with the same or less an educational background.  A good many of them get together in a group to study a list of possible questions together.  And of course born Americans have no need to pass a citizenship test so that is just another excuse.

How many immigrants you are familiar with, what their education backgrounds are, and how they study are all off topic in this thread.

The main point of discussion in this thread is Ms. Ortega's sentence of a fine of $5,000 AND 8 years in jail AND deportation when a White boy in TEXAS gets PROBATION for killing four people with his car when in a drunken stupor.

It is yet another example of WHITE justice in TEXAS.

That is the subject of this thread.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 68 (93 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

She only has a 6th grade education. It could very well be that she simply isn't bright enough to pass a citizenship test. And could be embarrassed about having tried to and failed. We don't know. But one thing we all do know, and could bet our houses on -- there's plenty of born and bred Americans with high school diplomas that couldn't pass the citizenship test, either.

--

Of course another assumption?  I'm familiar with many immigrants who passed the citizenship test.  Many with the same or less an educational background.  A good many of them get together in a group to study a list of possible questions together.  And of course born Americans have no need to pass a citizenship test so that is just another excuse.

You've made plenty of assumptions, too. How do you know she's not had access to study groups. You assume just because some have, that must mean everyone else must follow what you've witnessed, BECAUSE TX SEZ SO. Puhleeze. You know any immigrants who have never been able to pass the test, try as they might? Oh, of course not, cuz it doesn't fit the smear campaign.

It's a good thing Americans in Texas don't need to pass the test. Since Ortega is a product of the Texas school system, there's obviously not much education going on there to make an excuse for!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 68 (99 Views)

BigLib wrote:

She only has a 6th grade education. It could very well be that she simply isn't bright enough to pass a citizenship test. And could be embarrassed about having tried to and failed. We don't know. But one thing we all do know, and could bet our houses on -- there's plenty of born and bred Americans with high school diplomas that couldn't pass the citizenship test, either.

--

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 68 (101 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

I was married longer than this girl has been alive.

Apparently she didn't feel that much like an American.  If she did, there is no doubt that she would have obtained that 'piece of paper giving her permission' years ago.

My wife and I have also been married longer than she had been alive also.  And my wife is a naturalized citizen.  She also received her green card based on that marriage.  But she became an American citizen as soon as she was eligible.  In fact she probably gave up more in her native country than this lady ever dreamed of having.

You mention Lee Greenwood's song "I'm proud to be an American" and she knows it by heart with meaning, even after 45 years as a citizen.

We're all doing a lot of assuming in regards to Ortega, but here's something else to chew on.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)

Message 16 of 68 (105 Views)

BigLib wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Surprising that after all these years she didn't become an American citizen.

Maybe not surprising after all. She has been here since infancy, after all. Just because someone tells you you're something, it has no effect unless you feel you're the something. I was married longer than this girl has been alive. It took me years to feel like a widow -- like my husband wasn't coming home again. It's hard to wrap your head around that it's suddenly over. We enjoyed being married, much as Ortega likely enjoys being and living in America. I will likely always feel married, and I bet Ortega will likely always feel like an American. It's not something a piece of paper tells you you have permission to be. It's a mantle you have to pick up.

Well, if she voted Republican, Trump now has 3,000,001 to 5,000,001 votes for Hillary to find to prove his point he would have won the popular voted had 3 to 5 million illegals not voted.

BTW, Mike Pence, hows that investigation going.  The Orange Clown signed an Executive Decision.....better get to it.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 17 of 68 (105 Views)

BigLib wrote:

I was married longer than this girl has been alive.

Apparently she didn't feel that much like an American.  If she did, there is no doubt that she would have obtained that 'piece of paper giving her permission' years ago.

My wife and I have also been married longer than she had been alive also.  And my wife is a naturalized citizen.  She also received her green card based on that marriage.  But she became an American citizen as soon as she was eligible.  In fact she probably gave up more in her native country than this lady ever dreamed of having.

You mention Lee Greenwood's song "I'm proud to be an American" and she knows it by heart with meaning, even after 45 years as a citizen.

Message 18 of 68 (106 Views)

BigLib wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

It seems to be a liberal thing that some want to turn over our country to others.

Which liberal advocated for that?

Someone wondering about a person paying taxes without representation seems to be inferring that.

Oh, Tex. Still reading things that were never there just to make it personal, instead of sticking to the subject. Take a hint -- endless innuendo ain't paying off for Trump, either.

Excellent point, BigLib.  It's amazing how much they just make-up as they go.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 68 (72 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Surprising that after all these years she didn't become an American citizen.

Maybe not surprising after all. She has been here since infancy, after all. Just because someone tells you you're something, it has no effect unless you feel you're the something. I was married longer than this girl has been alive. It took me years to feel like a widow -- like my husband wasn't coming home again. It's hard to wrap your head around that it's suddenly over. We enjoyed being married, much as Ortega likely enjoys being and living in America. I will likely always feel married, and I bet Ortega will likely always feel like an American. It's not something a piece of paper tells you you have permission to be. It's a mantle you have to pick up.

Message 20 of 68 (75 Views)

BigLib wrote:

As the article I posted earlier stated, she voted for Romney, too. So she's been voting for a while.

--

According to that link you posted to the Washington Post, it completely destroys the accusation the original poster made that it was the Attorney General who was prosecuting the lady.  Turns out that instead it is the Tarrant County District Attorney Sharen Wilson who was pushing the charges and sentences.  Paxton wanted to make a deal for her to testify to the legislature in favor of changing voting procedures.

I have my doubts that partisan politics has anything to do with this, in fact the Dallas-Fort Worth area is Republican country.  But what should be surprising is that she was married to an American which probably accounts for her green card.  Surprising that after all these years she didn't become an American citizen.