AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TERRORIST ATTACK ON LONDON BRIDGE

Message 1 of 22 (405 Views)

Soosie wrote:
Hey Jim........I'm using a standard approach to address my reply to your post.
Some people have their heads buried so far in the sand that if an attack should happen near them, their backsides will take the brunt of the attack.

Soosie

Yup..... Those "people" worry that a suspected terrorist could enter the country while allowing those that are already here to purchase firearms!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 22 (411 Views)

Loved Trump's Tweet accusing the mayor of London.  The mayor announced they were going to have additional police on patrol and citizens should not be alarmed to see them. Trump tried to pull a Breitbart and said the mayor said the citizens should not be alarmed by terrorism. 

So, he makes himself look like an idiot and us the same for electing him. How incompetent. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 22 (429 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Crit--You are absolutely right. However, the right can't let go of this fantasy that trump, in part, created  because then they will have to think of another group on which to  unleash their ignorant hatred and contempt.

Do you really see a connection between a terrorist attack in London and President Trump?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 22 (432 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

The latest study reveals there are approximately 3.3 million Muslims in America. My guess is 99% of them go to work in the morning and send their kids to school before they leave the house. They came to America to escape tyranny and be free. I'm sure there's a small minority who are very dangerous, just like the 2 million Americans who rape, rob, and kill others every day of the week. They now reside in in prisons where they belong.

By the way, in just about every case, the terrorist was born in the country, so a Muslim ban would be irrelevant.

I fail to see the relationship between Muslims in America and a terrorist attack in London.

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 22 (436 Views)

"...OK, we have a problem with terrorists Let's be glad the United States has been able to keep such high standards on refugees entering this country and they have integrated so well into the United States....".

Not sure I agree with this., I'm more inclined to give credit to all the behind-the-scenes work done by various law enforcement agencies. As was stated about the latest London attack, MI5 had these guys in their database, but didn't act on it (for whatever reason --- they;ll do an internal review. Mistakes happen). I'm not making a negative criticism of MI5, just pointing out that we have similar agencies doing a huge amount of behind-the-scenes work that we should appreciate, but will never kniow who these good people are. 

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 22 (438 Views)

afisher wrote:

Foreign fear-mongering by Donald, who consistently refuses to address the hate speech and extremism by the Far Right in USA.     Why is that?    

The Times-News first reported on Saturday that the two Marines were arrested on May 20 after allegedly climbing a building and unfurling a banner with a quote from George Orwell’s novel “1984” and the letters “YWNRU,” which reportedly stand for “You will not replace us,” a slogan associated with the white nationalist group Identity Evropa.

Meanwhile the donald supporters here continue to cherry-pick hate memes that look to marginalize white folks as being picked on by POC....straight from the pages of Tucker Carlson, who of course allowed Carlson's lies to go unchallenged.   

Did you happen to notice that the topic is a terrorist attack in London??

Or did you too just feel an urge to post a "Bad Trump, Bad Trump"?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 22 (439 Views)

MIseker wrote:

Soosie wrote:
Hey Jim........I'm using a standard approach to address my reply to your post.
Some people have their heads buried so far in the sand that if an attack should happen near them, their backsides will take the brunt of the attack.

Soosie

Soosie I have also noticed the increase of these attacks under Trump .

Really?? Do you see some reason for that?? As President Trump "played nice" with terrorists?

Or were you just due for a "Trump bad-mouth"?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 22 (443 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Richva--Once again, the original poster has used a very unfortunate incident to incite hate toward a religious group, totally ignoring the fact that the very large majority of Muslim people abhor the actions of these extremists groups whose ideology in no way resemble true Muslim belief.  Very sad that when these extremists are spreading so much fear and pain that there are some who use it to spread the same.

Why would you assume "hate towards a religious group" on the part of a poster?? Was that a "religious group" that killed those people or might it have been a terrorist group using religion to make people like yourself to "cut them some slack"?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 22 (445 Views)

myexper wrote:

Richva wrote:

OK, we have a problem with terrorists Let's be glad the United States has been able to keep such high standards on refugees entering this country and they have integrated so well into the United States. Pretty obvious our approach is working where other approaches are not.

Yup .... except for all the people on the terrorist watch list who are still allowed to purchase firearms  ..... courtesy of Republican refusal to stop this insane ability.

Even the very basic idea of keeping us safe from  terrorists has to be perverted by some to a partisan issue.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 22 (461 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

The latest study reveals there are approximately 3.3 million Muslims in America. My guess is 99% of them go to work in the morning and send their kids to school before they leave the house. They came to America to escape tyranny and be free. I'm sure there's a small minority who are very dangerous, just like the 2 million Americans who rape, rob, and kill others every day of the week. They now reside in in prisons where they belong.

By the way, in just about every case, the terrorist was born in the country, so a Muslim ban would be irrelevant.

You bring up a good point.

If a person that is born here in America travels to Syria or Afghanistan for a 3 or 4 week vacation;  Would you be in favor of or oppose to,  that person being subjected to a very thorough interview similar to what the Israelis do before allowing any one to get on an airplane?

VIMTSTL