Make Your Weekend a Day or Two Longer With Cheap Trip Ideas at AARP Travel’s Take A Day.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TERRORIST ATTACK ON LONDON BRIDGE

Message 11 of 22 (238 Views)

Crit--You are absolutely right. However, the right can't let go of this fantasy that trump, in part, created  because then they will have to think of another group on which to  unleash their ignorant hatred and contempt.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Trusted Social Butterfly

TERRORIST ATTACK ON LONDON BRIDGE

Message 12 of 22 (238 Views)

The latest study reveals there are approximately 3.3 million Muslims in America. My guess is 99% of them go to work in the morning and send their kids to school before they leave the house. They came to America to escape tyranny and be free. I'm sure there's a small minority who are very dangerous, just like the 2 million Americans who rape, rob, and kill others every day of the week. They now reside in in prisons where they belong.

By the way, in just about every case, the terrorist was born in the country, so a Muslim ban would be irrelevant.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 22 (231 Views)

Foreign fear-mongering by Donald, who consistently refuses to address the hate speech and extremism by the Far Right in USA.     Why is that?    

The Times-News first reported on Saturday that the two Marines were arrested on May 20 after allegedly climbing a building and unfurling a banner with a quote from George Orwell’s novel “1984” and the letters “YWNRU,” which reportedly stand for “You will not replace us,” a slogan associated with the white nationalist group Identity Evropa.

Meanwhile the donald supporters here continue to cherry-pick hate memes that look to marginalize white folks as being picked on by POC....straight from the pages of Tucker Carlson, who of course allowed Carlson's lies to go unchallenged.   

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 22 (241 Views)

Soosie wrote:
Hey Jim........I'm using a standard approach to address my reply to your post.
Some people have their heads buried so far in the sand that if an attack should happen near them, their backsides will take the brunt of the attack.

Soosie

Soosie I have also noticed the increase of these attacks under Trump .

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 15 of 22 (247 Views)

Richva--Once again, the original poster has used a very unfortunate incident to incite hate toward a religious group, totally ignoring the fact that the very large majority of Muslim people abhor the actions of these extremists groups whose ideology in no way resemble true Muslim belief.  Very sad that when these extremists are spreading so much fear and pain that there are some who use it to spread the same.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 22 (261 Views)

Richva wrote:

OK, we have a problem with terrorists Let's be glad the United States has been able to keep such high standards on refugees entering this country and they have integrated so well into the United States. Pretty obvious our approach is working where other approaches are not.

The problem here just like in England that is not the ones that are coming in, but the ones that are born in this country. 
I really don't see a good solution to this problem. because we simply cannot incarcerate Muslims because they are Muslims. 
I do believe that we do need to engage the Muslim community a lot more, so that they cooperate with law enforcement.
I imagine that most of them don't want to be involved. and probably take another look at things that may not be correct. But by not getting involved, is not their problem.
So, again, are we planning of rounding them all up and putting them in a concentration camp.? We can't deport them, they are Americans. so now what?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 22 (268 Views)

Soosie wrote:
Some people have their heads buried so far in the sand that if an attack should happen near them, their backsides will take the brunt of the attack.

Soosie

Exactly what "standard approach" is that?   No comment on the topic, just an opinion about "some people"?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 22 (268 Views)

Soosie
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 19 of 22 (296 Views)

Richva wrote:

OK, we have a problem with terrorists Let's be glad the United States has been able to keep such high standards on refugees entering this country and they have integrated so well into the United States. Pretty obvious our approach is working where other approaches are not.

Yup .... except for all the people on the terrorist watch list who are still allowed to purchase firearms  ..... courtesy of Republican refusal to stop this insane ability.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 22 (295 Views)