Watch Tonight for Tips to Save Money on Pricey Prescription Drugs at 10 p.m. ET on AARP LIVE! Watch Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TAPPER CUTS OFF INTERVIEW WITH MILLER; THAT ISN'T THE ONLY THING HE CUT OFF

Message 81 of 112

phyllisc6781 wrote:

@alferdpacker—Laughing about one posters’s comment that Tapper wanted a psychological evaluation, while Miller, acting like someone who seriously needed a psychological eval., tried to act as though he WAS a psychologist  as he  proclaimed trump was a genius.

LOL! Nothing better than a little hypocrisy to start the weekend.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Another example of insults matter, common sense doesn't.

Imagine someone equating thinking someone is a genius - because he shares the same opinions and expresses them well - with a trained psychologist.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 82 of 112

rk9152 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

RK-Things went awry when Miller refused to answer the question, and got rude with Tapper, who did step back—and did so more than once.

Miller than charged ahead like a raging bull, repeating the same lies over and over, some of which trump later used verbatim, trying to take over the interview, ignoring Tapper’s efforts to get him to stay on track and answer the questions asked, which is what good journalists and interviewers do. 

It became very clear, very quickly, that Miller wasn't there to be intetviewed, but to deliver a message, something that doesn’t work in real credible news interviews., who are not there to forward ANYONE’S AGENDA.

It was at that point Tapper ended Miller adolescent, nonsensical display.

Alternative realities only work in trumpland—not in here. ClearIy it was Miller who went off the rail, impressing no one and further letting it be known that there is pervasive dysfunction within this WH.

I agree - Miller was not there to be "intetviewed". Tapper was looking for a fight, Miller obliged him and CNN sold more Preparation h and on-line dating. It's all show biz and the President is very good at that and the media loves it.

The mistake is trying to claim that the interview was supposed to by an open and fair exchange of facts and ideas.

the publis knows its not going to be an open and fair debate as soon as a right winger shows up. Thats the truth, in fact, its well demonstrated on this board.

So it begins.

Message 83 of 112

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/jake-tapper-cuts-off-stephen-miller-after-strange-inter...

You may notice that things started to go off the rail when Tapper got snide about being sure the President was watching and approved. He did it again towards the end and then kicked Miller out. Miller was trying to point out the President's accomplishments and Tapper wanted Miller's "expert" opinion of the topic of mental health.

Now, I know that there is an obsession on the hate filled left with the President's hindquarters, but let's be honest, Miller is a representative of the President. Naturally he would speak favorably about him.

Get off the BS track. the man is an incompetent fool that did nothing for Trump with his interview.
Incompetence should never be rewarded even  if you agree with whom he is supporting.

This man should be fired immediately for his incompetence in not knowing how to deal with the press. and simply come out as an rear end kisser that has nothing of substance to say or defend.

What BS track do you have in mind? Tapper attacked our President. Miller was there to defend our President. He did. End of story.

Kind of a snowflake is ol Trump. Critisizm and opposition really hurt is feelings. Just like it does you.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 84 of 112

phyllisc6781 wrote:

RK-Things went awry when Miller refused to answer the question, and got rude with Tapper, who did step back—and did so more than once.

Miller than charged ahead like a raging bull, repeating the same lies over and over, some of which trump later used verbatim, trying to take over the interview, ignoring Tapper’s efforts to get him to stay on track and answer the questions asked, which is what good journalists and interviewers do. 

It became very clear, very quickly, that Miller wasn't there to be intetviewed, but to deliver a message, something that doesn’t work in real credible news interviews., who are not there to forward ANYONE’S AGENDA.

It was at that point Tapper ended Miller adolescent, nonsensical display.

Alternative realities only work in trumpland—not in here. ClearIy it was Miller who went off the rail, impressing no one and further letting it be known that there is pervasive dysfunction within this WH.

I agree - Miller was not there to be "intetviewed". Tapper was looking for a fight, Miller obliged him and CNN sold more Preparation h and on-line dating. It's all show biz and the President is very good at that and the media loves it.

The mistake is trying to claim that the interview was supposed to by an open and fair exchange of facts and ideas.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 85 of 112

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/jake-tapper-cuts-off-stephen-miller-after-strange-inter...

You may notice that things started to go off the rail when Tapper got snide about being sure the President was watching and approved. He did it again towards the end and then kicked Miller out. Miller was trying to point out the President's accomplishments and Tapper wanted Miller's "expert" opinion of the topic of mental health.

Now, I know that there is an obsession on the hate filled left with the President's hindquarters, but let's be honest, Miller is a representative of the President. Naturally he would speak favorably about him.

Get off the BS track. the man is an incompetent fool that did nothing for Trump with his interview.
Incompetence should never be rewarded even  if you agree with whom he is supporting.

This man should be fired immediately for his incompetence in not knowing how to deal with the press. and simply come out as an rear end kisser that has nothing of substance to say or defend.

What BS track do you have in mind? Tapper attacked our President. Miller was there to defend our President. He did. End of story.

Message 86 of 112

MIseker wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

There was a time in the whole Nation when everybody had to take a shower after gym class. The girls had their own shower.  The boys had theirs.  All in one part of one room.  Unless it was a team sport the ages were pretty alike, so everybody looked pretty much the same

Teams used the same locker room as the gym classes.  The gym teacher/coach didn't usually shower with the class.  Coach usually showered with the team.  Wet towel fights were pretty controlled after practices or games, but after gym was something else.

If you've ever been in one, you know that when wet towel fights get serious, they get bloody.  The end of a wet towel removes an amazing amount of hide. Targets of opportunity are pretty obvious. Wasn't just guys either...a girl I dated back then had scars to show too, but I digress. 

If you've been there, done that, you may have noticed that the guys that usually 'started stuff' were hard to hit 'cause there wan't much of it.  Maybe that's why they did it. This political business with 'the donald' and Miller made me think back a bit. I figure that might just be why they do it.  You think?

lol..i remember that. Most times i was a target..all i could do was make it not end well for them. I stopped it on several fronts within a year.

After being targeted a couple of times and painfully losing some skin - I spent a number of hours practicing in the back yard with a wet towel until I was capable of  "rapid fire" - with accuracy - I was suspended for sending an attacker to the emergency room with what appeared to be possibly life changing injuries - like you - that ended that.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning

Message 87 of 112

umbarch64 wrote:

There was a time in the whole Nation when everybody had to take a shower after gym class. The girls had their own shower.  The boys had theirs.  All in one part of one room.  Unless it was a team sport the ages were pretty alike, so everybody looked pretty much the same

Teams used the same locker room as the gym classes.  The gym teacher/coach didn't usually shower with the class.  Coach usually showered with the team.  Wet towel fights were pretty controlled after practices or games, but after gym was something else.

If you've ever been in one, you know that when wet towel fights get serious, they get bloody.  The end of a wet towel removes an amazing amount of hide. Targets of opportunity are pretty obvious. Wasn't just guys either...a girl I dated back then had scars to show too, but I digress. 

If you've been there, done that, you may have noticed that the guys that usually 'started stuff' were hard to hit 'cause there wan't much of it.  Maybe that's why they did it. This political business with 'the donald' and Miller made me think back a bit. I figure that might just be why they do it.  You think?

lol..i remember that. Most times i was a target..all i could do was make it not end well for them. I stopped it on several fronts within a year.

So it begins.

Message 88 of 112

MIseker wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

@MIseker— You are correct about the Limbaugh approach. As a matter of fact, after I wrote the post to which you responded, that’s what I was thinking. Miller acted just like Limbaugh does each and every time he is on the air making an incredible fool of himself. 

@Panjandrum— The terminator was markedly more intelligent than either Miller or his mentally and emotionally challenged hero, trump.

It's necessary to remember that the original intellectual property - the concept of the Terminator - was "ripped off" by a dishonest republican...

Want proof? - in the credits is a recognition of Harlan Ellison - the originator of the concept of what became "The Terminator"...

Remember - republican Arnold Schwartzenegger rode to fame and fortune on a stolen story idea and a stolen character idea...

Stole it from a Black guy? naaa never happen

Here's the real Harlan Ellison with an account of what happened and how it happened...

Harlan Ellison and the Terminator - YouTube

There's also a very interesting video of Harlan Ellison telling Robin Williams about his being present when L. Ron Hubbard was given the idea to start a religion - now known as "Scientology" - from fellow science fiction writers - including various pseudo scientific "instruments" and gimmicks that could be very useful to scam the marks...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 89 of 112

Message 90 of 112

alferdpacker wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

@MIseker— You are correct about the Limbaugh approach. As a matter of fact, after I wrote the post to which you responded, that’s what I was thinking. Miller acted just like Limbaugh does each and every time he is on the air making an incredible fool of himself. 

@Panjandrum— The terminator was markedly more intelligent than either Miller or his mentally and emotionally challenged hero, trump.

It's necessary to remember that the original intellectual property - the concept of the Terminator - was "ripped off" by a dishonest republican...

Want proof? - in the credits is a recognition of Harlan Ellison - the originator of the concept of what became "The Terminator"...

Remember - republican Arnold Schwartzenegger rode to fame and fortune on a stolen story idea and a stolen character idea...

Stole it from a Black guy? naaa never happen

So it begins.