Watch Tonight for Tips to Save Money on Pricey Prescription Drugs at 10 p.m. ET on AARP LIVE! Watch Here

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: TAPPER CUTS OFF INTERVIEW WITH MILLER; THAT ISN'T THE ONLY THING HE CUT OFF

Message 71 of 112

rk9152 wrote:

Cirice wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

i dont consider standing up for ones rights against attack is "snowflake" behavior. if you do - why?

What attack? Miller was given the opportunity to respond to several different claims but instead he chose to go on the offensive. Maybe it's because he had no real response?

And which rights, exactly, was he standing up for?

Tapper was there to attack the President, Miller was there to defend the President - show-biz under the guise of "news".

Do you understand the "snowflake" comment?

Looks like Tapper won then. Miller came off as ill equipped to deal with the tsunami of negative facts coming out about Trump and unable to do more than repeat talking points. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 72 of 112

Cirice wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

i dont consider standing up for ones rights against attack is "snowflake" behavior. if you do - why?

What attack? Miller was given the opportunity to respond to several different claims but instead he chose to go on the offensive. Maybe it's because he had no real response?

Tapper was there to attack the President, Miller was there to defend the President - show-biz under the guise of "news".

Do you understand the "snowflake" comment?

Social Butterfly

Message 73 of 112

@Cirice—Yup, that is exactly what happened. Off the rail propaganda scream fests might be the norm at FOX, certainly with Limbaugh ( look up windbag and his countenance appears), but when one is viewing real credible news sources, with real and credible ethics, displays of out of control, immature and disingenuous railings are unacceptable.  

Miller came across as a MAJOR nut case, and off course, recognizing and identifying with that same instability, trump thought he did a good job. 

Yup, of course he did—like attracts like—two crazies! 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 74 of 112

rk9152 wrote:

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 75 of 112

rk9152 wrote:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/jake-tapper-cuts-off-stephen-miller-after-strange-inter...

You may notice that things started to go off the rail when Tapper got snide about being sure the President was watching and approved. He did it again towards the end and then kicked Miller out. Miller was trying to point out the President's accomplishments and Tapper wanted Miller's "expert" opinion of the topic of mental health.

Now, I know that there is an obsession on the hate filled left with the President's hindquarters, but let's be honest, Miller is a representative of the President. Naturally he would speak favorably about him.

Yes, let's be honest. Miller wasn't there to give a speech about how great he thinks trump is. He was there to be interviewed. During an interview, the interviewer asks the questions and the person being interviewed answers them. Miller refused to answer the questions that were asked of him, and he was very rude, so the interview was ended.

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Social Butterfly

Message 76 of 112

CNN always brings in both sides when issues are discussed. I have heard some trump supporters say some really crazy things. However, they always were able to speak their minds.

I have often seen trump supporters so interviewed singularly, as was Miller. I have never seen ANY OF THEM behave in the manner we saw the other day. This was absolutely not normal. 

People who come to discuss a subject do just that. And, if they should get off course, and the program host pulls them back, and they concur.

Miller’s responses Were transparently disingenuous, immature, and totally out of line.

Miller was invited to discuss the book and give the White House’s side. He was NOT asked there to attempt to verbally beat back the host and become verbally aggressive.  In addition, and Tapper called this fool on it, Miller was there to speak to the American people, not cozy up to trump, who sure as heck, was watching.

There is absolutely no excuse for Miller’s freakish and dishonest behavior.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 77 of 112

rk9152 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

@alferdpacker—Laughing about one posters’s comment that Tapper wanted a psychological evaluation, while Miller, acting like someone who seriously needed a psychological eval., tried to act as though he WAS a psychologist  as he  proclaimed trump was a genius.

LOL! Nothing better than a little hypocrisy to start the weekend.

Another example of insults matter, common sense doesn't.

Imagine someone equating thinking someone is a genius - because he shares the same opinions and expresses them well - with a trained psychologist.

Imagine - Miller - unsuccessfully attempting to appear logical and rational - and failing abjectly - which is what he did - failed abjectly...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 78 of 112

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

RK-Things went awry when Miller refused to answer the question, and got rude with Tapper, who did step back—and did so more than once.

Miller than charged ahead like a raging bull, repeating the same lies over and over, some of which trump later used verbatim, trying to take over the interview, ignoring Tapper’s efforts to get him to stay on track and answer the questions asked, which is what good journalists and interviewers do. 

It became very clear, very quickly, that Miller wasn't there to be intetviewed, but to deliver a message, something that doesn’t work in real credible news interviews., who are not there to forward ANYONE’S AGENDA.

It was at that point Tapper ended Miller adolescent, nonsensical display.

Alternative realities only work in trumpland—not in here. ClearIy it was Miller who went off the rail, impressing no one and further letting it be known that there is pervasive dysfunction within this WH.

I agree - Miller was not there to be "intetviewed". Tapper was looking for a fight, Miller obliged him and CNN sold more Preparation h and on-line dating. It's all show biz and the President is very good at that and the media loves it.

The mistake is trying to claim that the interview was supposed to by an open and fair exchange of facts and ideas.

the publis knows its not going to be an open and fair debate as soon as a right winger shows up. Thats the truth, in fact, its well demonstrated on this board.

yu may be right. if the only publis that shows up is Wobblies, i imagine the discussion will be friendly.

don't you just hate diversity of opinion?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 79 of 112

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/jake-tapper-cuts-off-stephen-miller-after-strange-inter...

You may notice that things started to go off the rail when Tapper got snide about being sure the President was watching and approved. He did it again towards the end and then kicked Miller out. Miller was trying to point out the President's accomplishments and Tapper wanted Miller's "expert" opinion of the topic of mental health.

Now, I know that there is an obsession on the hate filled left with the President's hindquarters, but let's be honest, Miller is a representative of the President. Naturally he would speak favorably about him.

Get off the BS track. the man is an incompetent fool that did nothing for Trump with his interview.
Incompetence should never be rewarded even  if you agree with whom he is supporting.

This man should be fired immediately for his incompetence in not knowing how to deal with the press. and simply come out as an rear end kisser that has nothing of substance to say or defend.

What BS track do you have in mind? Tapper attacked our President. Miller was there to defend our President. He did. End of story.

Kind of a snowflake is ol Trump. Critisizm and opposition really hurt is feelings. Just like it does you.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 80 of 112

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

You may notice that things started to go off the rail when Tapper got snide about being sure the President was watching and approved. Nope!  That's when Miller jumped the rails.  Maybe Miller should have looked up the term "interview"....like trump Cult Members here, the English dictionary appears to be a foreign object. An interview in this case is where one person asks a question and the other answers the question.  Miller didn't answer any of the questions he was asked....he was clearly there to attack the book and praise his master.  He did it again towards the end and then kicked Miller out. Yep, as Miller continually attempted to fillibuster the interview. Miller was trying to point out the President's accomplishments and Tapper didn't ask ONCE, what trumps accomplishments were.  Thanks for proving my point.  and Tapper wanted Miller's "expert" opinion of the topic of mental health.  Another rk lie.....Tapper never asked for Millers "expert" opinion on anything.  Someday, I hope the trump cult members realize they don't have to lie to make their point.  Until then, they'll continue to subject others to FAKE NEWS.

Now, I know that there is an obsession on the hate filled left with the President's hindquarters, but let's be honest, Miller is a representative of the President. Naturally he would speak favorably about him.  Now, I know there is an obsession on the hate filled far-right to cover trumps butt, but when your asked to participate in a televised interview, your not being asked to attack the interviewer, the tv network and a book; your were invited to answer questions.  But it's the usual straw crap we see from the usual strawmen.....

Come on, he was not invited for a fact finding interview and he did not show up to do one. I understand the meaning of the word and I understand that anyone thinking that was what that was supposed to be is extremely naive (or....what is that term.....oh yeah...."intellectually dishonesty").