Watch Tonight for Tips to Save Money on Pricey Prescription Drugs at 10 p.m. ET on AARP LIVE! Watch Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TAPPER CUTS OFF INTERVIEW WITH MILLER; THAT ISN'T THE ONLY THING HE CUT OFF

Message 91 of 112

alferdpacker wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

@MIseker— You are correct about the Limbaugh approach. As a matter of fact, after I wrote the post to which you responded, that’s what I was thinking. Miller acted just like Limbaugh does each and every time he is on the air making an incredible fool of himself. 

@Panjandrum— The terminator was markedly more intelligent than either Miller or his mentally and emotionally challenged hero, trump.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

It's necessary to remember that the original intellectual property - the concept of the Terminator - was "ripped off" by a dishonest republican...

Want proof? - in the credits is a recognition of Harlan Ellison - the originator of the concept of what became "The Terminator"...

Remember - republican Arnold Schwartzenegger rode to fame and fortune on a stolen story idea and a stolen character idea...

IMHO, The Terminator was ripped off from Phillip K Dick who had 3 stories that are pretty close - Second Variety, The Great C and The Skull. Pretty sure Arnie rode to fame and fortune by impressing Lucille Ball who helped him get into the movie business with Pumping Iron.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 92 of 112

Mlsker - You're right about the need to become "confrontational". The Teabaggers and their Nazi supporters took over the GOP because they always showed up ready to fight any moderate who dared enter a Primary.

What Tapper did was common 40 years ago when some CryptoNazi would get on the air with an actual news reporter and get slammed for their dogmatic rants, but the last time any Republican spoke ill of their Nazi base was John McCain telling that moronic woman at a Republican rally that Senator Obama was a good and decent man who was not born in Kenya. Every other elected GOPer justs slides on by when his base slanders a Democrat, and Democrats have got to stop putting up with this one-sided "debate" technique.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 93 of 112

Panjandrum wrote:

Centristsin2010:  Right you are, Panjan....  We see some are still consumed with Obama Derangement Syndrome.  I wonder what they'd say if we choose not to call them idiots and instead just called them foolish.

I think their idea of a great president is someone who acts like The Terminator.

Agree, but you should probably amend that to "The Terminator IN THE FIRST MOVIE". Arnie's character became the good guy working to save the World, something Der Trumper has no interest in because he's a certifiable psychopath and lacks the intelligence to understand what's going on in the World outside his inner circle of sychophants..

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 94 of 112

phyllisc6781 wrote:

@MIseker— You are correct about the Limbaugh approach. As a matter of fact, after I wrote the post to which you responded, that’s what I was thinking. Miller acted just like Limbaugh does each and every time he is on the air making an incredible fool of himself. 

@Panjandrum— The terminator was markedly more intelligent than either Miller or his mentally and emotionally challenged hero, trump.

It's necessary to remember that the original intellectual property - the concept of the Terminator - was "ripped off" by a dishonest republican...

Want proof? - in the credits is a recognition of Harlan Ellison - the originator of the concept of what became "The Terminator"...

Remember - republican Arnold Schwartzenegger rode to fame and fortune on a stolen story idea and a stolen character idea...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Social Butterfly

Message 95 of 112

Message 96 of 112

Panjandrum wrote:

Centristsin2010:  Right you are, Panjan....  We see some are still consumed with Obama Derangement Syndrome.  I wonder what they'd say if we choose not to call them idiots and instead just called them foolish.

I think their idea of a great president is someone who acts like The Terminator.

What can one expect from the morally and ethically bankrupt and intellectually deficient who voted for trump?

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning

Message 97 of 112

phyllisc6781 wrote:

RK-Things went awry when Miller refused to answer the question, and got rude with Tapper, who did step back—and did so more than once.

Miller than charged ahead like a raging bull, repeating the same lies over and over, some of which trump later used verbatim, trying to take over the interview, ignoring Tapper’s efforts to get him to stay on track and answer the questions asked, which is what good journalists and interviewers do. 

It became very clear, very quickly, that Miller wasn't there to be intetviewed, but to deliver a message, something that doesn’t work in real credible news interviews., who are not there to forward ANYONE’S AGENDA.

It was at that point Tapper ended Miller adolescent, nonsensical display.

Alternative realities only work in trumpland—not in here. ClearIy it was Miller who went off the rail, impressing no one and further letting it be known that there is pervasive dysfunction within this WH.

What Miller did, as most conservatives now do, is what I call th Limbah tactic. I dont know who really decided to make debate a case of shouting down the left and apolitical, but some of my first memories of it was el rushbo shouting at his caller then hanging up..with the message that "i showed those dirty liberals." On and on to Fox, with hannity shouting down his clown colmbes evaery day, the conservatives doing it on meet the press and face the nation to the point the hosts only give these people softball questions because THEY KNOW anyone right of center will turn it into a diatribe if faced with any kind of accountablily. well, it really shows nothing but irrationality. Anyone left of center proposes anything, i will yell in their face until they leave, then claim them weak and I and claim righteuosness of my poitial cause. Trump is the end game of this type of bulling. 

Long ago Al Franken wrote a book called lying liars and the lies they tell. He exposed this tactic, who was using it ( i remember limbah and Oreilly). He posted a link to an encounter he had with oreilly on some journalist panel. Oreilly started in,Franken got up, walked over to orielly and told him to shut his mouth or he would kick oriellys butt. cuffed him on the head..said get up you big bully and defend your position. guess who just shut up and sat in his chair.

This is what needs to happen EVERY TIME the rant starts. Its just a teststerone show by the right anyway. When you threaten to whip them man to man..that testosterone goes away. Its best to do it in public because then their real toughness is exposed.

Is that a dinified way to handle them? not at all, but what they are doing isnt dignified either, and putting up with it cedes the battlefield to them, and people instinct awards the winner of the testosterone show. its base, its animalistic, but it is the truth of human nature.

In this extremely red district in MI, some friends an I started a local working class Democratic club. The R party owns the county..litterally.. its the home of whirlpool. They get what they want. Its a perfect microcosm of oligharcy. BUT.. in our club..we took a no prisoners approach..publicly anytime a conserative in office, a party member, a public forum acted that way. the first public meeting we called had over 100 people at the door, and it was a perfect situation. It was at the legion, we had the hall reserved, ad at the last minute before opening the doors the guy said " im not letting a pack of Democrats in here". 80 year old men in their legion hat left standing in the rain. yeah baby..the golden moment. we got in after about 15 mins of shouting down the legion and accusing them of being unpatriotic. The old guys complained to the state legion, and the local got into trouble, and we promptly got public offers from other organizations to hold out meetings with them.

And thats how it started. As time went on, there were people that didnt like our combat politics, and they left us. but what happened is they didnt go away, they formed their own strong clubs. We took over a moribund county party that left empty ballots for Congress into a district thats in play, the last Dem candidate was endorsed by Sanders, and this time there are THREE dems having a primary.

In our little local however, Ill give you an example of the stuff we did. there is a restaurant where breakfast time is dominated by political discussion. hey we all know each other here. Of course, it was dominated by these bullies, an myself and the leader ( a former UMW federal rep with a long rapsheet from strike time) confronted the bullies. we hurt their lil feelers. One of the biggest bullies ( in size too, backed down BUT..he told me my ol Dad woud be ashamed. har har. Ol Dad was a mentor to this successful man. what did i do? i told on him to my 80 yr old daddy. Daddy went to the restaurant and set the record straight..in public..told this doof that HIS ad was rolling in his grave, called him an idiot etc. 

I digress and ramble. Direct confrontation is how this needs to be down, right or wrong it works. In my daily lfe i now and then run into and have to interact with these types of people..the very ones you see here. Im 61, disabled, out of shape, but i  really dont care ( seriously ) about that person that rants at me. if the say one word after I say im not listening to your bull, I threaten physical harm, and i mean it. Im a calm guy..but i am known for what happens when i lose my mind lol. that..and my eyes..it always does the trick. I once had a confrontation with my boss that was seen thru a window by one of my employees..and she said..i thought you wer going to kill him...the look in your eyes was terrifying. Yes, i can be a madman.

Sooo, i wish i could meet some posters here. 

RIP to a friend and Fellow Worker. He was antiviolent, and was an activist all his life. Last night I saw a pic of him puking on Reagans hollywood star... just before Reagan won. 1980. He was a member of every organization that held a protest in his town, was front and center with his signs, organizer, etc. I met him protesting pence  at notre dame. He had cancer, and his protoge` found him dead in his apt. 

For a guy I talked to for 3 minutes, his death affects me unreasonably hard.

RIP Fellow Worker.

In death, my friend has become larger than life itself

the resistance will never end

Sorry bout that Smiley Happy its a strange day for me.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 98 of 112

Message 99 of 112

rk9152 wrote:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/jake-tapper-cuts-off-stephen-miller-after-strange-inter...

You may notice that things started to go off the rail when Tapper got snide about being sure the President was watching and approved. Nope!  That's when Miller jumped the rails.  Maybe Miller should have looked up the term "interview"....like trump Cult Members here, the English dictionary appears to be a foreign object. An interview in this case is where one person asks a question and the other answers the question.  Miller didn't answer any of the questions he was asked....he was clearly there to attack the book and praise his master.  He did it again towards the end and then kicked Miller out. Yep, as Miller continually attempted to fillibuster the interview. Miller was trying to point out the President's accomplishments and Tapper didn't ask ONCE, what trumps accomplishments were.  Thanks for proving my point.  and Tapper wanted Miller's "expert" opinion of the topic of mental health.  Another rk lie.....Tapper never asked for Millers "expert" opinion on anything.  Someday, I hope the trump cult members realize they don't have to lie to make their point.  Until then, they'll continue to subject others to FAKE NEWS.

Now, I know that there is an obsession on the hate filled left with the President's hindquarters, but let's be honest, Miller is a representative of the President. Naturally he would speak favorably about him.  Now, I know there is an obsession on the hate filled far-right to cover trumps butt, but when your asked to participate in a televised interview, your not being asked to attack the interviewer, the tv network and a book; your were invited to answer questions.  But it's the usual straw crap we see from the usual strawmen.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 100 of 112

Panjandrum wrote:

fangoh45: If we're talking Testicle Replacement Surgery, perhaps they could add a couple to our past president, who was and is sorely lacking any at all. 

I think Bin Laden would say you're wrong, but having become fish food he's unavailable. Nice try thoughSmiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Right you are, Panjan....  We see some are still consumed with Obama Derangement Syndrome.  I wonder what they'd say if we choose not to call them idiots and instead just called them foolish.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.