Watch Tonight for Tips to Save Money on Pricey Prescription Drugs at 10 p.m. ET on AARP LIVE! Watch Here

Reply
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

111 Views
Message 61 of 87

alferdpacker wrote:




Cite the statute that prohibits my having a right to make it my business...

 


You own stock in Walmart?  Have a good day Alferd.....

Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

93 Views
Message 62 of 87

BigLib wrote:

Oh, and Walmart still leads the state of Ohio for having the most employees that need and qualify for state assistance.

 

 

 


So you're still upset about Walmart giving their employees a raise and perhaps allowing them go off public assistance?  How liberal of you!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

87 Views
Message 63 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

So how close does throwing the people and their salaries in 63 stores out of work, serve to offset a $1 raise?

 

 

 


Of course in most cases those employed in stores that are closed has been offered employment in others.  And again a thread degenerates into political philosophy.  But along those lines is more of the liberal socialist philosopy where a business is supposed to be a charitable social service agency.

 

Where is the complaints about retail chains like Sears, KMart, etc closing stores and leaving employees without jobs?


Every Sam's Club employee from those 63 stores was offered employment in another Walmart/Sam's Club store?? That's amazing! Can I see the link to that, please?

 

Do you get paid each time you post the words "liberal socialist philosopy"?

 

If the Trump economy is so great, how come Sears, KMart and etc are still closing stores? And if you expect people to complain about Sears, KMart etc closing stores, then why isn't anyone allowed to complain about stores closing from the Walmart umbrella?

 

Oh, and Walmart still leads the state of Ohio for having the most employees that need and qualify for state assistance.

 

Here's a hankie.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

92 Views
Message 64 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Love the whackadoodle  orthographically incorrect attempts to warp and distort reality...

 

 



Isn't that what you have been doing this morning?  When did a company forfeit the right to make sound business decisions?  And of course as I have indicated, Walmart isn't the only company that has closed stores because of realignment.  You have heard that some of these closed Sam's Clubs will be converted into fullfilment centers haven't you?  But unless anyone here owns stock in Walmart, then what business is it theirs what Walmart/Sam's does?

 

 



Cite the statute that prohibits my having a right to make it my business...

 

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

84 Views
Message 65 of 87

alferdpacker wrote:

Love the whackadoodle  orthographically incorrect attempts to warp and distort reality...

 

 



Isn't that what you have been doing this morning?  When did a company forfeit the right to make sound business decisions?  And of course as I have indicated, Walmart isn't the only company that has closed stores because of realignment.  You have heard that some of these closed Sam's Clubs will be converted into fullfilment centers haven't you?  But unless anyone here owns stock in Walmart, then what business is it theirs what Walmart/Sam's does?

 

 


Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

86 Views
Message 66 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:



Can you show any proof that "in most cases" Walmart is offering jobs to those they are laying off in the store closings? Of course you can't.

 

As far as "again another thread degenerates into political philosophy" ............... aren't you more than contributing to that in saying "liberal socialist philosophy" or, in other posts, "liberal socialist philosophy" or "communist socialist philosophy"? Of course you are. 


No to all, but regarding what Walmart is doing...who cares.  If you don't like their business model, just patronize stores with higher prices. 

 

As far as the latter, more of an economic matter.  Of course to some a business shouldn't be alllowed to make sound business decisions.  I note that the negative comments about Walmart/Sam's Clubs decision is(are) from 'liberals' who can't stand for anyone to have a different opinion.

 

Well - there is the distinct probability that conservative opinions are quite simply wrong...

 

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

94 Views
Message 67 of 87

ChasKy53 wrote:



Can you show any proof that "in most cases" Walmart is offering jobs to those they are laying off in the store closings? Of course you can't.

 

As far as "again another thread degenerates into political philosophy" ............... aren't you more than contributing to that in saying "liberal socialist philosophy" or, in other posts, "liberal socialist philosophy" or "communist socialist philosophy"? Of course you are. 


No to all, but regarding what Walmart is doing...who cares.  If you don't like their business model, just patronize stores with higher prices. 

 

As far as the latter, more of an economic matter.  Of course to some a business shouldn't be alllowed to make sound business decisions.  I note that the negative comments about Walmart/Sam's Clubs decision is from 'liberals' who can't stand for anyone to have a different opinion.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

84 Views
Message 68 of 87

ChasKy53 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

So how close does throwing the people and their salaries in 63 stores out of work, serve to offset a $1 raise?

 

 

 


Of course in most cases those employed in stores that are closed has(have) been offered employment in others.  And again a thread degenerates into political philosophy.  But along those lines is more of the liberal socialist philosopy(sic) where a business is supposed to be a charitable social service agency.

 

Where is(are)the complaints about retail chains like Sears, KMart, etc closing stores and leaving employees without jobs?


Can you show any proof that "in most cases" Walmart is offering jobs to those they are laying off in the store closings? Of course you can't.

 

As far as "again another thread degenerates into political philosophy" ............... aren't you more than contributing to that in saying "liberal socialist philosophy"? Of course you are. 


Along with that is the irrefutable fact that H.Sapiens spent a hundred thousand times as many years of it's existence on planet earth in "socialistic" and "communal" tribal existence - as compared to the number of years that capitalism has been a significant influence in it's social/cultural structure...

 

Love the whackadoodle  orthographically incorrect attempts to warp and distort reality...

 

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

100 Views
Message 69 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

So how close does throwing the people and their salaries in 63 stores out of work, serve to offset a $1 raise?

 

 

 


Of course in most cases those employed in stores that are closed has(have) been offered employment in others.  And again a thread degenerates into political philosophy.  But along those lines is more of the liberal socialist philosopy(sic) where a business is supposed to be a charitable social service agency.

 

Where is the complaints about retail chains like Sears, KMart, etc closing stores and leaving employees without jobs?


Can you show any proof that "in most cases" Walmart is offering jobs to those they are laying off in the store closings? Of course you can't.

 

As far as "again another thread degenerates into political philosophy" ............... aren't you more than contributing to that in saying "liberal socialist philosophy" or, in other posts, "liberal socialist philosophy" or "communist socialist philosophy"? Of course you are. 


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

105 Views
Message 70 of 87

MIseker wrote:
On another thread.

 


Yes, Wal-Mart Raises Hourly Wage to $11 in Wake of Tax Overhaul

 

And note the favorable comments from the Amen Corner.  Yet, now the company made a business decision to close stores and some from that Amen Corner is complaining by inserting socialistic ideas.

 

 


Report Inappropriate Content