Watch Tonight for Tips to Save Money on Pricey Prescription Drugs at 10 p.m. ET on AARP LIVE! Watch Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

Message 1 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

you'd already know the only employees entitled to 60 days pay are the ones who work in a Club that closed immediately.

Anyone with common sense should have figured that out...something that is missing from those wanting to make an issue of the matter.  Of course those working in the clubs that are slated to be closed will be paid for their time.  DUH!!!

There's enough of the Amen Corner now here on the topic for y'all to have a kumbaya pow-wow!!!  Y'all have fun.

Then how come you demanded I explain it to you? You're the one that insisted I explain how I knew not all employees were going to get 60 days pay. DUH!!!!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 87

BigLib wrote:

you'd already know the only employees entitled to 60 days pay are the ones who work in a Club that closed immediately.

Anyone with common sense should have figured that out...something that is missing from those wanting to make an issue of the matter.  Of course those working in the clubs that are slated to be closed will be paid for their time.  DUH!!!

There's enough of the Amen Corner now here on the topic for y'all to have a kumbaya pow-wow!!!  Y'all have fun.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

Show me where I ever said they weren't complying with federal law. You're only saying that now because you painted yourself in a corner with post #46 about employees getting 60 days of pay. And let's be clear, not all of them are getting 60 days - SOME are getting 60 days of pay. You're only mentioning the federal law now because *I* brought it up, and blew up your meme.

But by all means, back up your current assertion that I said they are failing to comply with federal law.

It does appear that you keep wanting to make this into an argument.  And you are the one who brought up the 60 day notice as required by federal law.  But they are complying with this by paying employees for the next 60 days...regardless of how you put it.

Perhaps you need to back up your post where you are say only some are being paid for the next 60 days.  Further, I do gather that you have something against the corporation, that seems to be the liberal mantra, but no doubt you also shop at either the club or Walmart. 

I really don't care either way what the company is doing since we have mostly bought groceries at out local Walmart and various items at Sam's where we sometimes find them cheaper.  Other than that, we have a regional supermarket chain, H.E.B., that we find is competitive with Walmart. 

We shop with our pocketbook rather than the political correctness that is evidenced here.  I buy from Walmart, Sam's, Ebay, Amazon, or wherever I get the best price or whatever I'm looking for. 

As far as this discussion, I gather that you are not interested in civil discussion, so I have better things to do rather than engage in argumentative posts. 

"Of the Sam's Club locations, about 50 will be going out of business for good. Roughly 10 of those locations are closing their doors as of Thursday, while the remainder will be shuttered over the next three to four weeks."

Taken from the USAToday link I already posted once here today.

Now, if you knew as much about the WARN Act as you claim you do, then you'd already know the only employees entitled to 60 days pay are the ones who work in a Club that closed immediately. The others will have pay reflective of the remaining 60 day notice, hence the "next three to four weeks." So if a Club's employees work another 21 days until it closes, then they'll only be paid for 39 under the WARN Act.

So, yeah, I can back up everything I've stated here. Notice you still haven't, and still claim getting facts fed to you is argumentative. Typical alt-right group think.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)

Message 4 of 87

ChasKy53 wrote:

Yep, that's obviously why you are here !

So who has been continually engaging in accusatory posts?  Who has made this about the individual instead of the topic. Basically the several has made this about me instead of the topic.

More of the liberal 'group think'.

Message 5 of 87

ChasKy53 wrote:

Costco hires mostly full time workers and pays $17.50 plus per hour with benefits.

I have already posted the pay scale for Costco along with the source of my information.  Where did you come up with your $17.50 figure?  

As far as your calling me a 'faux' independent, you might note that I haven't followed any crowd here in agreeing with every politically correct idea.  I believe that everyone is intitled to their own opinion without condemning them for not going along with 'group think'.  Can you say you're the same?

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 87

ChasKy53 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

As far as this discussion, I gather that you are not interested in civil discussion, so I have better things to do rather than engage in argumentative posts. 

Yet here you are and every discussion you enter turns argumentative.

Oh heavens, no!   It couldn't be!

But it is.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Yet here you are and every discussion you enter turns argumentative.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

The small raise that Walmart gave and the pay scale it will take employees to will not get an employee who is single off of assistance unless that employee has other income. Do the math.

So you think that every business should pay $15 or more as a minimum?  Federal minimum wage is $7.25 and you complain about Walmart paying $11 nationwide as a minimum?  I'm sure many workers in Mom & Pop stores would be happy to make $11 an hour.

If you are so concerned about wages then why don't you get your Senators and Representatives in Congress to working at raising the Federal standard?   I note that Kentucky will now impose conditions for Medicaid. 

I have been very active with trying to influence my representatives and senators to raise the minimum wage.

You always complain about others going off-topic but then you bring up "Mom and Pop stores". They are not part of this topic.  You bring up KY imposing conditions on Medicaid, and that is off topic.  You have complained in the past about another poster mentioning Texas and considered it an attack on you. Am I to consider it an attack on me when you bring up Kentucky?  Your double standards are amazing.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

Isn't it fun messing with the CONs?  They're so easy !!!  Grammatical and spelling errors out the wazoo !!!

So there are some here not for valid and civil discussion but for messing with others who are interested in such?

Yep, that's obviously why you are here !

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

You mentioned Kmart and others. They didn't brag about raises nor imply that the raises were because of tax cuts while closing stores and saying nothing about it.

You're getting like Jimc or others here who look upon anyone left of the far right as "liberals".

And of course KMart, along with Sears, is closing stores and slowing beginning to fade away.  They're puttting more people out of work than these Sam's Clubs closing.  Other stores are completely shuttering up their locations.

So what are you politically classified as if not liberal where politically correctness reigns? 

As I said, Kmart or Sears never erroneously gave a raise implying it was because of a tax cut, while closing stores across the country. And your claim that all retailers pay the same is erroneous. Costco hires mostly full time workers and pays $17.50 plus per hour with benefits.

Why do you ask what I am politically classified as if you have already decided?  What are you classified as, a "faux independent" ?