Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: STOP participating in the Thoughts & Prayers SCAM

Message 11 of 66 (67 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

"GOPNRA" - that's the political equivalent of gonorrhea, isn't it?

Worse. Gonorrhea and chlamydia haven't killed any young Americans in decades while GOPNRA is knocking them off at over 30,000/year. Also Gonorrhea has a one-shot "cure" while GOPNRA seems to cause a genetic mutation leading to generaltional stupidity that will cause people to vote for child molesters to serve in the Senate and gutless draftdodging preppytwits to become The Commander and Chief of America's military.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 66 (52 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:
Incorrect... that's a talking point you were fed and has no merit.

It's a perceived threat... real or otherwise. People buy insurance just in case... people have weapons (not just guns) just in case.

Why do have many new places (states) adopting the castle doctrine? Why are Sheriff dept.'s teaching free weapon classes for the ladies? and for county workers? and school teachers?

The perception of lawlessness is what motivates people to buy guns, especially for the first time.

your last line says it. Crimes general trend is down. who is bossting sales based on fear? who feeds that fear? the NRA. and, gun laws dont get passed to be determined whether or not they are constitutional. The R's never say..ok lets see if that flys.

So it begins.

Message 13 of 66 (55 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

Fish—Ya know what I see? Denial that anything should or can be done.  Ya know what else I see? slaughtered innocents, on an almost weekly basis. 

I understand what “ shall not be infringed upon” means.. Again, right to bear arms was written in hopes of protecting newly minted Americans from English militia men, and we have Amendments in order to update and improve original and/or outdated amendments. 

Talking points!! LOL! You sound like an NRA rep.  

Gee, I miss having a real president!

You will note Fish hasn't presented any solutions to the problem; only asking others for their solutions and then discounts them.  Not unusual for a Conservative.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Bless their little conservative hearts.

We should pray for them.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 66 (63 Views)
Didn't you learn the only stupid question is the one you don't ask? so that leaves there's just stupid answers. Thanks for the validation.

I have made multiple suggests over many, many posts in multiple threads. All dismissed by the we got nothing crowd.

Hate is not a Christian virtue, neither is liberal sanctimony
Gold Conversationalist

Message 15 of 66 (65 Views)

@Centristsin2010–Rather than thoughts and prayers for those whose value paychecks over human life, I’m in favor of voting their disgraceful butts out of power. 

[ Edited ]
Message 16 of 66 (73 Views)

phyllisc6781 wrote:

Fish—Ya know what I see? Denial that anything should or can be done.  Ya know what else I see? slaughtered innocents, on an almost weekly basis. 

I understand what “ shall not be infringed upon” means.. Again, right to bear arms was written in hopes of protecting newly minted Americans from English militia men, and we have Amendments in order to update and improve original and/or outdated amendments. 

You will note Fish hasn't presented any solutions to the problem; only asking others for their solutions and then discounts them.  Not unusual for a Conservative.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 17 of 66 (82 Views)

@Olderscout66—I certainly stand corrected. Guess I need to go back and revisit my history! I appreciate your knowledge. I was right about militia, just wrong one!!

Still stand firm though that 2nd amendment did not and does not give anyone the right to bear arms other than for protection from militia, so I guess if government wanted everyone’s guns, they would have them already, given propaganda coming from the NRA.   NRA stance in MHO is weak,  not that it was ever anything but an obvious scare tactic,  which the foolish believe!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 66 (88 Views)

The 2d Amendment was added at the insistance of the slave owners so they could raise and maintain white citizen militias to prevent slave revolts. That's no longer a concern, but to get a SCOTUS who understands this will require Progressives elect the next couple Presidents and not sit out elections because they get their feelings hurt or can't fall in love with the candidate.

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 19 of 66 (90 Views)

Gold Conversationalist

Message 20 of 66 (92 Views)

Right to bear arms was written in the event there was a military attack, ( English soldiers come to mind, not so one could go mow down large crowds of innocent people. I think our military pretty much has taken the place of citizen militia members!