The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: STOP participating in the Thoughts & Prayers SCAM

Message 31 of 66 (103 Views)
Shall not be infringed. Read the 2nd amendment. See latest ruling about DC gun regulations.

AU does not have constitutional protection for "arms" so it's like a driver's licence and can be regulated. Apples and oranges.

Hate is not a Christian virtue, neither is liberal sanctimony
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 66 (109 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:
More of the same. Nothing new so nothing changes. You can't wish for change. Anything new? any ideas that are constitutional? Bueller?

You were asked a few posts back what is unconstitutional about the described Australian method?  Did I miss your answer?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 66 (112 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:
Incorrect... that's a talking point you were fed and has no merit.

It's a perceived threat... real or otherwise. People buy insurance just in case... people have weapons (not just guns) just in case.

Why do have many new places (states) adopting the castle doctrine? Why are Sheriff dept.'s teaching free weapon classes for the ladies? and for county workers? and school teachers?

The perception of lawlessness is what motivates people to buy guns, especially for the first time.

Nonsense. It's not a talking point, it's a fact. The gun & ammo people want your $$$$, and they will do anything to get it. That includes using the NRA to hype nonsense about everything from the government taking away your guns to fear-mongering people into believing they are unsafe. They successfully lobbied Congress to allow sales of these military assault style weapons by slightly modifying them for civilian use. They continue to lobby against any law that would place any restrictions on sales of any kind, especially the military grade weapons and ammo because that's where the big $$$$$$ is. It's all about $$$$$. Period. 

And for the record, I grew up with a family of hunters and target shooters. I'm not opposed to responsible people having guns for sport.  I do not believe anyone needs military style weapons and ammo (such as armor-piercing bullets), or body armor for any reason, other than the military or law enforcement. I feel quite safe with my daddy's old shot-gun that holds three rounds. That's possibly two more than I need for anybody attempting to crawl through my window.

[ Edited ]
Message 34 of 66 (120 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:

It's a perceived threat... real or otherwise. People buy insurance just in case... people have weapons (not just guns) just in case.

Why do have many new places (states) adopting the castle doctrine? Why are Sheriff dept.'s teaching free weapon classes for the ladies? and for county workers? and school teachers?

The perception of lawlessness is what motivates people to buy guns, especially for the first time.

A result of irrational RWNJ paranoia fueled by the certainty that republicans, conservatives, and "It's ok to be white" trash racists will eventually no longer be the majority. 

It's inevitable - the fearful right is tilting against windmills - is doomed to lose in the long run - and is in a flop sweat panic about it...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 66 (121 Views)

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 66 (107 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:

Why do you think we have more guns, more CWP's, more weapons then ever before, in the hands of the public? 

Answer: NRA, gun & ammo manufacturers who lobby through the NRA, $$$$$/greed, Congress

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 66 (85 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

Bottom line - neither thoughts nor prayers will stop a hurricane, tornado, avalanche - or a bullet - ever...

Prayer has never been empirically demonstrated to be capable of effecting change, nor has it caused any physical process to initiate or be stopped.

The First Amendment constitutional mandate of separation of church and state is no different than the Second Amendment mandate granting the right to keep and bear arms in that both are unequivocal mandates.

As we have had demonstrated to us repeatedly - crazy people with knives, vehicles, and firearms (and other things) have been the problem.

Better means of identifying and preventing crazy people from acquiring tools with which to commit murders is what's necessary.

So - how to identify those who are sufficiently unbalanced and unstable as to present a "very real and present danger to society and it's members"?

Obviously, waiting until a crime is committed has not been working.

In the most recent case, the ball got dropped multiple times, and those who dropped the ball will not be prosecuted or successfully sued for contributing to those murders by failing to act.

Same with Dylann Roof - the ball got dropped.

Devin Kelley expressed to an Air Force colleague admiration for the murders Dylann Roof had committed in a church - and his fitness was not examined by the Air Force - it dropped the ball...

Kelley told an Air Force colleague that he bought dogs on Craigslist to use for target practice - and his colleague was not obligated to report that obviously mentally aberrant statement to superiors - again the ball was dropped.

Kelley's domestic violence attack on his family and prison sentence - another ball dropped - multiple times...

There are too many loopholes and far too many balls being dropped on a daily basis in this nation.

Who knew that politicians et al, somehow now believe that carrying a gun to "a church" will somehow protect people from something- a religious version of events?      But not to worry, the absent preacher has found a new way to profit - he wants a new church, via donations from not his small town.  

[ Edited ]
Message 38 of 66 (81 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:
More of the same. Nothing new so nothing changes. You can't wish for change. Anything new? any ideas that are constitutional? Bueller?

Any and all Amendments, as well as any and all SCOTUS decisions are by definition constitutional.

Will the republican fascists sitting on the bench of SCOTUS act like decent and honorable human beings?  

Doubtful. 

Republicans are such evil scum.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 66 (82 Views)

Message 40 of 66 (88 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

Fishslayer777 wrote:
How do you or anyone propose to get the guns away from the bad guys? Simple question that has nothing to do with Trump or politicians.

I personally own many guns. I conceal carry wherever I'm allowed. I hunt too. Have a shot gun on my boat. Everyone in rural America has guns for all sorts of reasons.
My kids grew up with guns as did I.

Here's some truths
Guns limitation laws are becoming less restrictive.
Supreme court will generally rule for less regulation in support of the 2nd amendment
There are not enough states to vote for repeal of the second amendment
There are 600,000,000 guns in the US
Gun show loophole is less about "where" and more about "who" can sell a gun

Open to any real discussion about guns

No need to "ban guns", just the military ones, those that can fire auto or semiauto and shoot more than 7 times without reloading. Such guns have only one design purpose - to kill as many HUMANS as possible in the shortest amount of time.

There is no LEGITIMATE reason a auto or semi-auto gun is needed for anything EXCEPT killing lots of people quickly. Bolt, lever and pump action weapons will bring down game and defend your family BETTER than the semi-auto because your family and neighbors are infinately lesss likely to take a stray round as you spray the air with lead to get the bad guy.

Existing semi-auto guns can easily be modified, just plug the channel that allows the gas to return the mechanism to firing position. As for the clips, inserting a piece of oak below the spring to shorten the receiver works to bring sports rifles into compliance for various game seasons, so it'll work with existing +7 round clips as well.

What do you NEED a semi-automatic rifle for that cannot be satisfied with a bolt, lever or pump action?

Image result for muskets

Image result for muskets

These are the weapons our fore fathers thought were appropriate.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.