AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Reuters reports on Russian documents

Message 1 of 22

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Once again, the inability (or unwillingness) to understand the difference between business dealings and government dealings. Our President, as a non-career politician, does have that issue to deal with.

Wouldn't it be nice if our citizens would try to be adult enough to deal with the distinctions.

Wouldn't it me nice if our citizens would try to be adult enough to be honest about the lack of ethics that exist in the Trump presidency? Wouldn't it be nice if all citizens would be "adult enough" to be honest about Trump and his family using Trump's presidency for profit? Wouldn't it be nice if all citizens would be "adult enough" to be honest about the Russians being so involved in Trump getting elected?

Absolutely no reference to the topic, just another petty attack on our President.

An adult does not just make claims about "Russians so involved in Trump getting elected". An adult offers more than insults, he or she offers specifics (as yet unavailable).

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 22

ChasKy53 wrote:

Trump asked the Russians to find emails in one of his speeches. The Russians obliged, hacked into American data bases, and released information damaging to one of our presidential candidates. The sad thing is that the Right doesn't mind that as long as it wasn't aimed at their candidate. Sad, very sad.

Check the sequence of events and the content. His sarcastic comments were made in response to claims about the hackers of the DNC emails (after the fact). 

As to content, it is below - please note that it was in regards to subpoenaed but erased emails from that private server not a general comment about "American data bases".

“I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing”.

It is sad that some have such hatred for our President that continued nonsense claims are made when there are real issues needing attention.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 22

mandm84 wrote:

Could you imagine the potential of Millions of hush money that's floating around ?

Just follow the money!

An immense cesspool awaits at the end!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 22

alferdpacker wrote:

Why should I be willing to believe that all his business dealings with Russians have always been totally lawful, moral, ethical, and always totally in the best interests of the United States of America?

I will believe that - just after it has been been conclusively and irrefutably proved to my satisfaction that OJ really IS innocent of premeditated murder , Nixon didn't NEED the pardon, and Charles Manson should be completely unconditionally pardoned, and can be safely released into society - right now - today.

I'm dead certain that Trump has always been totally and irredeemably dishonest - to the very depths of his soul.

The legality or illegality of the actions of a business are not to be determined for political purposes by partisan people. There are specific agencies charged with that responsibility.

A good reason for that is illustrated by someone who confuses business dealings in a foreign nation with a guy murdering his wife.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 22

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

Could you imagine the potential of Millions of hush money that's floating around ?

What groups bailed out "Trump Entertainment Resorts" after it was forced to declare bankruptcy in 2009?

No financial organization in the US would touch him unless he put up collateral considerably in excess of the loan amount - and way more than half "Trump-named properties" were licensing deals in which he had little actual ownership percentage - mostly licensed the use of his name...

It's no coincidence that there was a considerable increase of investments in Trump Organization properties by "Eastern European Financial Interest Groups"...

As Donald Trump Jr. said in 2008 -

"Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross section of a lot of our assets.  

We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."

Now we have Russian documents...

Once again, the inability (or unwillingness) to understand the difference between business dealings and government dealings. Our President, as a non-career politician, does have that issue to deal with.

Wouldn't it be nice if our citizens would try to be adult enough to deal with the distinctions.

Wouldn't it me nice if our citizens would try to be adult enough to be honest about the lack of ethics that exist in the Trump presidency? Wouldn't it be nice if all citizens would be "adult enough" to be honest about Trump and his family using Trump's presidency for profit? Wouldn't it be nice if all citizens would be "adult enough" to be honest about the Russians being so involved in Trump getting elected?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 22

chasky--Lock him up seems much less messy than hanging him, don't you think?

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 22

rk9152 wrote:

Great - "I think" and "self-evident". Well, that settles it - HANG 'EM ALL!!!!

How about    'Lock Him Up' !!!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 22

rk9152 wrote:

As I understand it they found four unnamed, previous employees of some unnamed intelligence agency to make the claim that the Russians wanted to, "undermine voters’ faith in the American electoral system". No comment on any actual effect they had.

BUT - the neo-Marxist mobs in the street supported by the Democratic Party and MSM are doing a very effective job of it. Well ..... some posters too - but their effectiveness can't be proven any more than the effectiveness of the Russians can.

So, if we care about our electoral system, where do you think our concern should be?

Neo-Marxist Mobs in the street distraction tactics just don't work so well.

Trump asked the Russians to find emails in one of his speeches. The Russians obliged, hacked into American data bases, and released information damaging to one of our presidential candidates. The sad thing is that the Right doesn't mind that as long as it wasn't aimed at their candidate. Sad, very sad.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 22

AP--psychologists will tell you that the best indicator of the future is the past.  Therefore, before doing business with the Russians, he was a liar, a thief and a con man, so was he a liar, a thief,  and a con man when he is forced to do business with them, so is he a liar, a thief, and a con man now.

To believe otherwise, is not to be a believer in human nature.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 22

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

What groups bailed out "Trump Entertainment Resorts" after it was forced to declare bankruptcy in 2009?

No financial organization in the US would touch him unless he put up collateral considerably in excess of the loan amount - and way more than half "Trump-named properties" were licensing deals in which he had little actual ownership percentage - mostly licensed the use of his name...

It's no coincidence that there was a considerable increase of investments in Trump Organization properties by "Eastern European Financial Interest Groups"...

As Donald Trump Jr. said in 2008 -

"Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross section of a lot of our assets.  

We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."

Now we have Russian documents...

Why should I be willing to believe that all his business dealings with Russians have always been totally lawful, moral, ethical, and always totally in the best interests of the United States of America?

I will believe that - just after it has been been conclusively and irrefutably proved to my satisfaction that OJ really IS innocent of premeditated murder , Nixon didn't NEED the pardon, and Charles Manson should be completely unconditionally pardoned, and can be safely released into society - right now - today.

I'm dead certain that Trump has always been totally and irredeemably dishonest - to the very depths of his soul.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning