Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Regardless of party affiliation, we are all losers in the GOP tax bill

Message 1 of 9 (75 Views)
ChasKy posted..

Well thank God that AARP isn't one of the "ignorant" KidBoy, because they rightfully oppose this tax proposal.

======================================================

KidBoy2 wrote:
ROBERT REICH: HELLO TRUMP TAX CUTS, GOODBYE MEDICARE, MEDICAID, SOCIAL SECURITY.

And ChasKy called me ignorant!

Gee, I am glad that I have the ability to separate scare tactics from the truth.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 9 (81 Views)

KidBoy2 wrote:
ROBERT REICH: HELLO TRUMP TAX CUTS, GOODBYE MEDICARE, MEDICAID, SOCIAL SECURITY.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard that scare tactic for about 30 years...its just not so ...but the ignorant buy it as the truth.

Gee, I am glad that I have the ability to separate scare tactics from the truth.

Well thank God that AARP isn't one of the "ignorant" KidBoy, because they rightfully oppose this tax proposal.

Amazing that you think you know more about this tax proposal and how if effects seniors than AARP does.  The "ignorant" are the ones that listen to the Republican POLs that support this plan and "buy it as the truth".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 9 (82 Views)

AARP has come out formally against this tax bill, and rightfully so. They seem to see this tax proposal much more clearly than many posters here who support the plan.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 9 (89 Views)

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard that scare tactic for about 30 years...its just not so ...but the ignorant buy it as the truth.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 5 of 9 (95 Views)

j400538m wrote:

Why? If you are counting on SS and/or Medicare (as I do), I would strongly recommend, even beg, this article by a top economist:

ROBERT REICH: HELLO TRUMP TAX CUTS, GOODBYE MEDICARE, MEDICAID, SOCIAL SECURITY. .

http://bit.ly/2h3bwtf

I am convinced that Professor Reich is correct.

So, I urge AARP leadership and members, regardless of party affiliation, to mobilize in force to defeat this Trojan Horse.

Please contact your representatives about this!

Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid recipients shouldn’t be victims of the Republicans’ tax cuts ...

Info Seeker +

Message 6 of 9 (151 Views)

Thank you intersan for your great insight here and elsewhere.

One last point....

I really wish AARP would advocate on behalf of the most disadvantaged among us to defeat such a deceptive mammoth tax deficit bill that will inevitably force the demise of SS, Medicare, Medicaid and more...

Thanks again, keep up the great work.

JV
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 9 (167 Views)

This economist has repeatedly warned of the invisible disasters to our well-being buried within the Republican Platform and Policies.  The Republican Party machinery has worked tirelessly to destroy socially beneficial programs since they were instituted, claiming them to be scams, ponzi-schemes and non-sustainable give-aways.

The truth of this is as it always has been.........IF you want it, it has to be paid for. 

The Preamble to the Constitution says WE, the People of the United States...establish the Government.  Government under those conditions is NOT an enemy of the people.  How could it be?  It IS the People and must, therefore must do what the People direct it to do.  However, Republicans do seem to consider it their prerogative to impose their economic system on you as part of the political system.  I don't think the Constitution intended that to happen.  

Whether the current crop of Gordon Gekkos claim to be moderate or not, they are uniformly and adamantly opposed to government being involved in much of anything UNLESS it feeds their bottom line. Republicans put their economic benefit above most anything else in their own lives and expect you to do the same in yours.  THEY will be more than glad to tell you. You need not ask. 

Truth is, IF you want certain benefits, only government can do it.  Furthermore it IS your prerogative to insist they do it.

Aside from ideology, Republicans have other reasons to oppose government involvement.  They think they can squeeze profit from these programs, hence the push toward 'privatization'.  They don't necessarily want to get rid of them completely, they just want to make a buck off them.  Now...in case you wonder, that IS part of their ethical system and in their minds what they do is NOT unethical.  Trouble is, the equations they set up never, ever balance...AND they are always on the fat end.   In their mind IF you are fool enough to buy into their 'deal' and lose your shirt, it's your fault.  That's not me saying that about 'them'....it's 'them' saying that about themselves. 'The donald' is only the most obvious case in point.

Concerned citizens spoke out against that in this last election.  It  has to happen again in 2018 and, IF 'the donald' is still around come 2020, it  has to happen then and in every election after that. 

Republicans would impose a plutocratic oligarchy as Government... IF they could...that has been amply demonstrated.  Is THAT what you think YOU want?  Better look again at the consequences.  IF you don't make your living by manipulating the economic system, you won't like them.  That's what Bob Reich is telling you. Me too.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 9 (195 Views)

This is a very observant article, and I posted it to Facebook. Hope all my friends who voted Republican will wake up and realize that they're nothing but fodder for the rich. Ironically, those who voted for Trump thinking they'll get health care and tax cut reform are going to be hurt the most. 

Info Seeker +

Regardless of party affiliation, we are all losers in the GOP tax bill

Message 9 of 9 (213 Views)

Why? If you are counting on SS and/or Medicare (as I do), I would strongly recommend, even beg, this article by a top economist:

ROBERT REICH: HELLO TRUMP TAX CUTS, GOODBYE MEDICARE, MEDICAID, SOCIAL SECURITY. .

http://bit.ly/2h3bwtf

I am convinced that Professor Reich is correct.

So, I urge AARP leadership and members, regardless of party affiliation, to mobilize in force to defeat this Trojan Horse.

JV