Join the Summer of Service to SeniorsSM - sign AARP Foundation's banner

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 71 of 102 (328 Views)

Nothappening- lemmings

saying you find it true of everyone on the left is stereotyping,  something we know it's not a valid observation.  

Statistically college educated people,  which many on the left are,  over and above the right,  learn how to become independent thinkers and not lemmings,  which discredits your observation.

I am glad the professor who took the students on this "field trip,"knew that taking them out to see relevant civic issues was not only enlightening,  but would teach them to be free thinkers.

It is only when we shy away from looking at both sides of the issues that our observations tend to be shortsighted and one dimensional.  Such is the case with a lemming.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 72 of 102 (332 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

nothappening--Yes, I find that true of many on the right.

While I find it true of ALL on the left!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 73 of 102 (329 Views)

nothappening--Yes, I find that true of many on the right.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 74 of 102 (326 Views)

Lemmings.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 75 of 102 (324 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

I can't help but thinking that if this were a Right Wing Professor letting his students protest Hillary, Democrats, or other Left Wing POLs, the Right Wing here would be avidly supporting it.

Again with the imaginations. It is hard enough to agree on facts, imaginations are just off the chart.

But I can speak from my own perspective only and assure you that I would never approve college kids being used as cannon fodder for a radical "take it to the streets" reaction to a legal election.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 76 of 102 (322 Views)

Olderscout- thank you another informed voice, rather than voices from those who are clueless. 

One has to wonder if people who don't see the good in this think that our children should be raised in a situation where they are to be educated thinking that there are no differences of opinion between political parties that are sometimes staged publically!

are they to believe that no matter what is happening in the political arena,  they are to shut their mouths snd  say nothing? ( regardless of political affiliation)?

are they to believe that  The party in power is always right and No matter what, no kne must say a word?

When I was teaching,  I always told my kids that I didn't care whether they were Democrat or Republican.

What I did care about is that they knew the facts, that they thought about them, researched  them,  and, then when it came time to vote, acted according to their own beliefs.

What a wonderful way for the students to receive many of the above lessons first hand! 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 77 of 102 (324 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I can't help but thinking that if this were a Right Wing Professor letting his students protest Hillary, Democrats, or other Left Wing POLs, the Right Wing here would be avidly supporting it.

I can't help but wondering where or when did something like this ever happen?  Aren't 99% of professors left wing and their responsibility is to indoctrinate their students?

Wonder no more NOT. The protests are happening because never before has such a total incompetent gotten elected President, and young people who value education are smart enough to realize the World Der Trumper is destroying is the one they'll have to live in, and they don't like it.

What 99% of professors are is educated, so their ideas are always (exceptions for Profs at Bob Jones U and its ilk) in opposition to the alt-Right and Teabaggers controlling the GOP. By educating their students they pass along the rejection of GOPernomics and most GOP propaganda.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 78 of 102 (332 Views)

Afisher-thank you!! insight it last!!

whether these kids leaned right or  left,  going out on that tax March was a great learning opportunity for all of them.

You have to wonder why the opposition is so afraid that they might actually learn what's going on in the current political arena.

So sad that so many people are so close minded, are so shortsighted,  and who speak with seemingly no understanding of the subject.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 79 of 102 (323 Views)

Here's a reality check! professors are of all parties--left wing, right wing, Green party,  Libertarian party, or what have you.

Obviously,  some of us have never heard of a civics class where politics are the main course. what a better way to teach civics then in a post election, pre-election, or election-year? 

It is obvious that some posters no nothing at all about any of this!

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 80 of 102 (322 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

I can't help but wondering where or when did something like this ever happen?  Aren't 99% of professors left wing and their responsibility is to indoctrinate their students?