Senate Voting on Bad Health Care Bill Tomorrow! Watch Facebook Live at 9:30 a.m. ET for the Latest

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 19,547
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 21 of 102 (191 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

 


I assume that many on the right that complain about this would accept it with open arms if the students were protesting a left wing president.


There it is again - the "assume" game and the mind reading. Neither seems to work very well. But, you can vindicate yourself - cite examples of "many on the right" approving of such a thing during the Obama Administration.


Feel free to go through the thousands of past postings during Obama's tenure and show us anyone from the Right criticizing students protesting Obama (or any left wing president). Lack of criticism equals approval.


I haven't seen that dodge lately, it's like a "blast from the past". Someone makes a wild claim and when challenged says, "You go look it up".

 

Weak, weak indeed.


In other words you cannot find any postings from the Right criticizing protests against Obama when he was in office.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,060
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 22 of 102 (200 Views)

alferdpacker--thank you for not only the history lesson, but the civics lesson as well!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,060
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

[ Edited ]
Message 23 of 102 (199 Views)

kid--Shaking my head at how anyone could take a educational experience and turn it into briberous event.  Please provide one iota of proof to back up this outlandish statement.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 5,955
Registered: ‎11-18-2009

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 24 of 102 (196 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I can't help but thinking that if this were a Right Wing Professor letting his students protest Hillary, Democrats, or other Left Wing POLs, the Right Wing here would be avidly supporting it.


Again with the imaginations. It is hard enough to agree on facts, imaginations are just off the chart.

 

But I can speak from my own perspective only and assure you that I would never approve college kids being used as cannon fodder for a radical "take it to the streets" reaction to a legal election.


Thank goodness that college professors know more about teaching than many posters here.


What does that mean? It sounds like teaching kids to oppose a Constitutional election via violence in the streets and the denial of free speech is appropriate to you.

 

Surely I misunderstood and you will clarify.


sure am glad that Constitution didnt come about while people were taking to the streets..glad you have the education to point that out.

 


People taking to the streets...

History records the fact that on this continent during the last half of the Eighteenth Century, people did in fact take to the streets, protested, destroyed tea shipments, tarred and feathered an English Government Official or two, terrorised many corrupt and dishonest English government officials and factotums who fled to Canada or back to England. 

Yep - all that and more happened...

Many of those citizens - after taking to the streets - took up arms in a successful treasonous armed rebellion against the lawful government of the time.

Only the fact that they won gave them the right to write history in a manner that made them look good and honorable.

Had they lost, they would have been executed for treason and would be merely a footnote in history - and there would have been no Constitution or United States of America - as was observed in 1797 by one  member of the Osgood family who took part in that treasonous revolt.

That we have a Constitution is a credit to Americans who opposed liars, frauds and corrupt government officials, and insisted upon having and exercising their innate human rights (which never had a single thing to do with Marxism - a fanciful theoretical concept that didn't even come into existence until nearly a century later).

In this time, Patriotic Americans are lawfully and Constitutionally gathering to protest a fraud and travesty whose statements thus far have proved to be lies more often than the truth and whose administration has thus far proved to be corrupt combination of kakistocracy and boobocracy.

They are protesting corrupt, evil, lying frauds.

 

They are not the instigators of violence.

 

Violence is a recognized and established tactic of Trump and his thugs - an attempt to suppress lawful Constitutionally Permitted Protests that tend to expose the dishonesty of Trump's corrupt and dishonest administration.

 

The right made plans to utilize violence in advance of the protests at Berkley.

 

Protests are lawful Constitutionally Permitted American Tradition - opposing lawful Constitutionally Permitted Protests is un-American.

 

 another one of those, "I know everything so here is the truth, "The right made plans to utilize violence in advance of the protests at Berkley" followed by a perversion of the word "protest".

 


 


sorry, that was their plan.

 

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,309
Registered: ‎02-14-2008

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 25 of 102 (205 Views)
Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

===========================================

Anyone that has a eight grade education knows bribery....that is what this was.

Anyone that condones what happened in my opinion does not believe in our Constitution.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 27,219
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 26 of 102 (213 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I can't help but thinking that if this were a Right Wing Professor letting his students protest Hillary, Democrats, or other Left Wing POLs, the Right Wing here would be avidly supporting it.


Again with the imaginations. It is hard enough to agree on facts, imaginations are just off the chart.

 

But I can speak from my own perspective only and assure you that I would never approve college kids being used as cannon fodder for a radical "take it to the streets" reaction to a legal election.


Thank goodness that college professors know more about teaching than many posters here.


What does that mean? It sounds like teaching kids to oppose a Constitutional election via violence in the streets and the denial of free speech is appropriate to you.

 

Surely I misunderstood and you will clarify.


sure am glad that Constitution didnt come about while people were taking to the streets..glad you have the education to point that out.

 


People taking to the streets...

History records the fact that on this continent during the last half of the Eighteenth Century, people did in fact take to the streets, protested, destroyed tea shipments, tarred and feathered an English Government Official or two, terrorised many corrupt and dishonest English government officials and factotums who fled to Canada or back to England. 

Yep - all that and more happened...

Many of those citizens - after taking to the streets - took up arms in a successful treasonous armed rebellion against the lawful government of the time.

Only the fact that they won gave them the right to write history in a manner that made them look good and honorable.

Had they lost, they would have been executed for treason and would be merely a footnote in history - and there would have been no Constitution or United States of America - as was observed in 1797 by one  member of the Osgood family who took part in that treasonous revolt.

That we have a Constitution is a credit to Americans who opposed liars, frauds and corrupt government officials, and insisted upon having and exercising their innate human rights (which never had a single thing to do with Marxism - a fanciful theoretical concept that didn't even come into existence until nearly a century later).

In this time, Patriotic Americans are lawfully and Constitutionally gathering to protest a fraud and travesty whose statements thus far have proved to be lies more often than the truth and whose administration has thus far proved to be corrupt combination of kakistocracy and boobocracy.

They are protesting corrupt, evil, lying frauds.

 

They are not the instigators of violence.

 

Violence is a recognized and established tactic of Trump and his thugs - an attempt to suppress lawful Constitutionally Permitted Protests that tend to expose the dishonesty of Trump's corrupt and dishonest administration.

 

The right made plans to utilize violence in advance of the protests at Berkley.

 

Protests are lawful Constitutionally Permitted American Tradition - opposing lawful Constitutionally Permitted Protests is un-American.

 

 another one of those, "I know everything so here is the truth, "The right made plans to utilize violence in advance of the protests at Berkley" followed by a perversion of the word "protest".

 


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 27,219
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 27 of 102 (212 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I can't help but thinking that if this were a Right Wing Professor letting his students protest Hillary, Democrats, or other Left Wing POLs, the Right Wing here would be avidly supporting it.


Again with the imaginations. It is hard enough to agree on facts, imaginations are just off the chart.

 

But I can speak from my own perspective only and assure you that I would never approve college kids being used as cannon fodder for a radical "take it to the streets" reaction to a legal election.


Thank goodness that college professors know more about teaching than many posters here.


What does that mean? It sounds like teaching kids to oppose a Constitutional election via violence in the streets and the denial of free speech is appropriate to you.

 

Surely I misunderstood and you will clarify.


sure am glad that Constitution didnt come about while people were taking to the streets..glad you have the education to point that out.

 


That seems a bit oblique. Is it a variation of "Rise workers. you have nothing to lose but your shackles"?

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 27,219
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 28 of 102 (194 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Rk- you know how they got there they were given a choice and they chose to go there.

as far as hiating the president,  I have no idea how you got there.  Again your argument is invalid.


Got it - they were there to shout, "Yeah, Trump".

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 27,219
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 29 of 102 (198 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Rk-seems to me you need to be reminded that the event that the students went to was not a protest of the election,  it was a protest because a very dishonest liar who said he would release his tax  forms in order to clear up any suspicion of conflict of interest, went back on his word.  Because of the suspicion with his interaction with the Russians,  this becomes of paramount importance to thinking people. 

 You have no evidence these students went there  to oppose anything.  This is obviously something you assume because you don't like the idea of anyone opposing anything that opposes Trump. In all probability, these students wrnt there in order to get a balanced view if the situation. It would be a fantasy to assume right wingers were not on site exercising their freedom of speech.

You try to divert this conversation by talking about suppression of free speech on the Berkley campus a few months back.

once again if you had done your research, or read any of the posts from others,  you would know that police officials clearly said that the people who started the trouble came from outside the Berkeley area and certainly were not part of the campus itself, but you choose to ignore that as it doesn't suit your political agenda.

 But back to the subject at hand since your diversion did not work,  claiming that the students should not have gone to this event is exactly what you are saying you oppose!  it would be to suppress their rights to observe an exercise in free speech.

 Your argument continues to be  invalid.

 


They were attending whatever happened to be the organized "mob scene du jour". You seem to have a problem understanding that tax records are used by the IRS to assure the appropriate payment of taxes. No more. They are no partisan instruments, they are not something the average citizen in the street has a right to.

 

"Interaction with the Russians" - I have no doubt there were business dealings with Russians. And those dealings would be of interest to the IRS for tax purposes. Period.

 

Students go  to an anti-Trump demonstration to get a "balanced view of things"? Surely you jest. 

 

The students join with people from outside Berkeley for an ant-Trump "event" and there is trouble and the Berkeley snowflakes are "pure as the driven snow"? More jesting no doubt.

 

Where did I say that the students should not have gone to this "event"? Your apology is accepted.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,673
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

[ Edited ]
Message 30 of 102 (212 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I can't help but thinking that if this were a Right Wing Professor letting his students protest Hillary, Democrats, or other Left Wing POLs, the Right Wing here would be avidly supporting it.


Again with the imaginations. It is hard enough to agree on facts, imaginations are just off the chart.

 

But I can speak from my own perspective only and assure you that I would never approve college kids being used as cannon fodder for a radical "take it to the streets" reaction to a legal election.


Thank goodness that college professors know more about teaching than many posters here.


What does that mean? It sounds like teaching kids to oppose a Constitutional election via violence in the streets and the denial of free speech is appropriate to you.

 

Surely I misunderstood and you will clarify.


sure am glad that Constitution didnt come about while people were taking to the streets..glad you have the education to point that out.

 


People taking to the streets...

History records the fact that on this continent during the last half of the Eighteenth Century, people did in fact take to the streets, protested, destroyed tea shipments, tarred and feathered an English Government Official or two, terrorised many corrupt and dishonest English government officials and factotums who fled to Canada or back to England. 

Yep - all that and more happened...

Many of those citizens - after taking to the streets - took up arms in a successful treasonous armed rebellion against the lawful government of the time.

Only the fact that they won gave them the right to write history in a manner that made them look good and honorable.

Had they lost, they would have been executed for treason and would be merely a footnote in history - and there would have been no Constitution or United States of America - as was observed in 1797 by one  member of the Osgood family who took part in that treasonous revolt.

That we have a Constitution is a credit to Americans who opposed liars, frauds and corrupt government officials, and insisted upon having and exercising their innate human rights (which never had a single thing to do with Marxism - a fanciful theoretical concept that didn't even come into existence until nearly a century later).

In this time, Patriotic Americans are lawfully and Constitutionally gathering to protest a fraud and travesty whose statements thus far have proved to be lies more often than the truth and whose administration has thus far proved to be corrupt combination of kakistocracy and boobocracy.

They are protesting corrupt, evil, lying frauds.

 

They are not the instigators of violence.

 

Violence is a recognized and established tactic of Trump and his thugs - an attempt to suppress lawful Constitutionally Permitted Protests that tend to expose the dishonesty of Trump's corrupt and dishonest administration.

 

The right made plans to utilize violence in advance of the protests at Berkley.

 

Protests are lawful Constitutionally Permitted American Tradition - opposing lawful Constitutionally Permitted Protests is un-American.

 

 

 

KAKISTOCRACY