Latest Update on the Health Care Bill — at 4 p.m. ET Today. Watch Facebook Live

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 11 of 102 (64 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

An apology can't be accepted if it isn't offered and none should be offered.

Fair enough, since none should be offered, where did I say that the students should not have gone to this "event" as you suggested?

Makes no difference what you said or didn't say. An apology cannot be accepted if it isn't offered and none was offered, it's that simple.  And I "suggested" nothing, as you "suggest".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 102 (60 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Still not clear. If a prof sends kids out to oppose a Constitutional election via violence in the street, "Thank goodness that college professors know more about teaching than many posters here" sounds like approval of such actions. Do you approve??

College students are adults. If they choose to attend a protest they will. It doesn't matter who approves and who doesn't. I approve of teachers teaching, not just teaching what I think they should teach.

Yes, adults in an environment in which there are rules - such as exam schedules. Teaching that the rules do not apply if you act out the profs politics is no my idea of "teaching". It is political indoctrination.

So you know why the students were there and you know the professor's politics? I think not.

So show us "the rules" about "exam schedules".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 102 (62 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

In other words you cannot find any postings from the Right criticizing protests against Obama when he was in office.

No "other words" just common sense. If you have a point to make, make it. Don't tell someone else to "look it up".

By the way, there is a big difference between "protesting" and protesting with bricks and clubs while wearing masks and bandannas. Also, there is a difference between protesting government policy and protesting another's right to free speech (as is often the case with the neo-Marxist mobs in the street).

I made my point, I guess it was missed. The point is that you cannot find any postings of the Right criticizing any protests against  Obama when he was in office. And yes, some of those protests resulted in violence.

The repeated "brick and clubs", "wearing masks", and "Neo-Marxist mobs" isn't working.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 102 (63 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Where did I say that the students should not have gone to this "event"? Your apology is accepted.

Fair enough, since none should be offered, where did I say that the students should not have gone to this "event" as you suggested?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 102 (55 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Still not clear. If a prof sends kids out to oppose a Constitutional election via violence in the street, "Thank goodness that college professors know more about teaching than many posters here" sounds like approval of such actions. Do you approve??

College students are adults. If they choose to attend a protest they will. It doesn't matter who approves and who doesn't. I approve of teachers teaching, not just teaching what I think they should teach.

Yes, adults in an environment in which there are rules - such as exam schedules. Teaching that the rules do not apply if you act out the profs politics is no my idea of "teaching". It is political indoctrination.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 102 (53 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I assume that many on the right that complain about this would accept it with open arms if the students were protesting a left wing president.

There it is again - the "assume" game and the mind reading. Neither seems to work very well. But, you can vindicate yourself - cite examples of "many on the right" approving of such a thing during the Obama Administration.

Feel free to go through the thousands of past postings during Obama's tenure and show us anyone from the Right criticizing students protesting Obama (or any left wing president). Lack of criticism equals approval.

I haven't seen that dodge lately, it's like a "blast from the past". Someone makes a wild claim and when challenged says, "You go look it up".

Weak, weak indeed.

In other words you cannot find any postings from the Right criticizing protests against Obama when he was in office.

No "other words" just common sense. If you have a point to make, make it. Don't tell someone else to "look it up".

By the way, there is a big difference between "protesting" and protesting with bricks and clubs while wearing masks and bandannas. Also, there is a difference between protesting government policy and protesting another's right to free speech (as is often the case with the neo-Marxist mobs in the street).

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 17 of 102 (53 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I can't help but thinking that if this were a Right Wing Professor letting his students protest Hillary, Democrats, or other Left Wing POLs, the Right Wing here would be avidly supporting it.

Again with the imaginations. It is hard enough to agree on facts, imaginations are just off the chart.

But I can speak from my own perspective only and assure you that I would never approve college kids being used as cannon fodder for a radical "take it to the streets" reaction to a legal election.

Thank goodness that college professors know more about teaching than many posters here.

What does that mean? It sounds like teaching kids to oppose a Constitutional election via violence in the streets and the denial of free speech is appropriate to you.

Surely I misunderstood and you will clarify.

sure am glad that Constitution didnt come about while people were taking to the streets..glad you have the education to point that out.

People taking to the streets...

History records the fact that on this continent during the last half of the Eighteenth Century, people did in fact take to the streets, protested, destroyed tea shipments, tarred and feathered an English Government Official or two, terrorised many corrupt and dishonest English government officials and factotums who fled to Canada or back to England. 

Yep - all that and more happened...

Many of those citizens - after taking to the streets - took up arms in a successful treasonous armed rebellion against the lawful government of the time.

Only the fact that they won gave them the right to write history in a manner that made them look good and honorable.

Had they lost, they would have been executed for treason and would be merely a footnote in history - and there would have been no Constitution or United States of America - as was observed in 1797 by one  member of the Osgood family who took part in that treasonous revolt.

That we have a Constitution is a credit to Americans who opposed liars, frauds and corrupt government officials, and insisted upon having and exercising their innate human rights (which never had a single thing to do with Marxism - a fanciful theoretical concept that didn't even come into existence until nearly a century later).

In this time, Patriotic Americans are lawfully and Constitutionally gathering to protest a fraud and travesty whose statements thus far have proved to be lies more often than the truth and whose administration has thus far proved to be corrupt combination of kakistocracy and boobocracy.

They are protesting corrupt, evil, lying frauds.

They are not the instigators of violence.

Violence is a recognized and established tactic of Trump and his thugs - an attempt to suppress lawful Constitutionally Permitted Protests that tend to expose the dishonesty of Trump's corrupt and dishonest administration.

The right made plans to utilize violence in advance of the protests at Berkley.

Protests are lawful Constitutionally Permitted American Tradition - opposing lawful Constitutionally Permitted Protests is un-American.

another one of those, "I know everything so here is the truth, "The right made plans to utilize violence in advance of the protests at Berkley" followed by a perversion of the word "protest".

sorry, that was their plan.

sorry, what was whose plan?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 102 (72 Views)

KidBoy2 wrote:
Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

===========================================

Anyone that has a eight grade education knows bribery....that is what this was.

Anyone that condones what happened in my opinion does not believe in our Constitution.

Can you please show something in the Constitution that covers "what happened" ??????

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 102 (69 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Where did I say that the students should not have gone to this "event"? Your apology is accepted.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 102 (54 Views)

rk9152 wrote: